Quickest Player & Longest Kick

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Quickest Player & Longest Kick

Postby Tiger Couple » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:06 am

Was at Noarlunga today to have a look at South v Eagles game and heard about the promotion and the Competition at Half Time for the Quickest Player and Longest Kick in the SFL and GSFL.

A guy from Reynella took out the Quickest Player in a very close thing and a guy from Edwardstown backed up from the run to win the Longest Kick.

The disappointing part was that only 5 clubs were represented in the Run and 3 players the Kick. I believe the Clubs were Reynella (both), OSB/Lonsdale (both), Edwardstown (same guy in both), Happy Valley I think and some other guy that didn't have a club shirt on.

I thought this was pretty poor for those clubs that struggle it was a good chance for some free advertising and let people know your clubs exists.

I can only assume the Clubs were not interested or maybe the publicity was better than the notice to the clubs.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Quickest Player & Longest Kick

Postby vics01 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:29 am

I think you will find it may be lack of notice or no information to clubs
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby the big bang » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 am

yep, never heard of it, otherwise i would have liked to have a crack at the kick!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby asert » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:57 pm

From what I hear last year was a joke. Flat footy and 1 kick against the breeze and the sprint was a break without calling it back. After that I'm sure noone would want to waste their time
asert
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:29 pm

I wouldnt be a chance in either of them but i dont think many people would be in the best shape to be sprinting on Monday. Firstly, if they played out their game on saturday they would still be a little sore. And since it was a public holiday im sure a lot of guys got on the drinks saturday AND sunday...
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby the big bang » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:00 pm

[quote="hackham_hawk_3"]I wouldnt be a chance in either of them but i dont think many people would be in the best shape to be sprinting on Monday. Firstly, if they played out their game on saturday they would still be a little sore. And since it was a public holiday im sure a lot of guys got on the drinks saturday AND sunday...[/quote]

not pure athletes like me mate. i woulda been cherry ripe for it!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:36 pm

vics01 wrote:I think you will find it may be lack of notice or no information to clubs

Spot on Vics01.
I received an email from SAFC promoting free tickets were available to SFL clubs, then a mail out was also sent to the club with the same flyer and a form to us to return quoting those players who wanted 2 free tickets and a drinks voucher.
Flagstaff wasn't asked to nominate for the kick-off or race-off events in any of these contacts.
We had players and supporters there on Sunday, but didn't even know the special events were on.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL