Showdown- Hackham v. Aldinga

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Who will win the big clash at Hackham this week ?

Poll ended at Sun May 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Hawks
45%
Sharks
55%

Total votes : 56

Re: Showdown- Hackham v. Aldinga

Postby shoe boy » Thu May 13, 2010 2:19 pm

[No diff than anyone else!

As for how you come out the other side?well[/quote]
No Sh!t sb you idiot! this thread is about Hackham and Aldinga the last time I checked and I was talking about both sides not any other club as i am aware of what people do.
maybe you should just go back to the shoe because i think some toilets need cleaning or something!!![/quote]

Sorry mate touch a nerve? :-({|=
Toilets as usuall all clean
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu May 13, 2010 2:20 pm

shoe boy wrote:[No diff than anyone else!

As for how you come out the other side?well

No Sh!t sb you idiot! this thread is about Hackham and Aldinga the last time I checked and I was talking about both sides not any other club as i am aware of what people do.
maybe you should just go back to the shoe because i think some toilets need cleaning or something!!![/quote]

Sorry mate touch a nerve? :-({|=
Toilets as usuall all clean[/quote]
no your just a d!ck h3ad!!!
and could have fooled me on sat!!
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby the big bang » Thu May 13, 2010 4:29 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:On a different note TTB I notice your old mob got their first win in 2 years over my old firm :evil: . Seems things are on the up at Merbein. Hackham by 5 goals too

yeah mate. was excellent to receive a text meassage from a few of the lads back home witht the news! things are looking good. specially with the "thirds". apparently they're a force. they're playing 3 or 4 different lads a week up in the seniors and reserves to give them a bit of experience, and talk is that if odds were given, right now they'd be payin about $1.50 for the flag!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Rush a Point » Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 pm

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:
vics01 wrote:Before we all get excited this is 15 v 16.

There are a couple of other really good games this week for example

BDOS v M/Vale is this the begining of the change of guard much more important for the league's promotion I would have thought

Well F off and talk about it in the southern thread, or the brighton thread, or the morphett vale thread, or make your own thread...we want to talk about this game...

This is what is wrong with the SFL. People getting excited about a game that has no bearing on the competition.

The sooner the Board move to 2 divisions the better. At least we will see decent games each week and we won't have to get excited about 14th vs 15th.
Rush a Point

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby White Line Fever » Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 pm

yet you felt the need to go to safooty.net, click on reigonal footy > Southern > Showdown-Hackham v. Aldinga .. then read through the posts and form an opinion.

So sounds like your excited, so stop kicking people on the ground and let them get up champ.
This is an open forum and there still is a game of footy to be played.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby the big bang » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Rush a Point wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:

BDOS v M/Vale is this the begining of the change of guard much more important for the league's promotion I would have thought

Well F off and talk about it in the southern thread, or the brighton thread, or the morphett vale thread, or make your own thread...we want to talk about this game...

This is what is wrong with the SFL. People getting excited about a game that has no bearing on the competition.

The sooner the Board move to 2 divisions the better. At least we will see decent games each week and we won't have to get excited about 14th vs 15th.

how about ya let us have our day in the sun mate?

you may have noticed that most of the postees in this thread have been from either Hackham or Aldinga. yes we're exited about Saturday, because both teams are a chance at winning.

sure, you'll see a better spectacle if ya go watch brighton v morphies, but we can only play the cards we're dealt.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri May 14, 2010 12:54 am

Rush a Point wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:

Well it's hardly these 2 clubs fault for the SFL going to 1 division isn't it? Not every club can be world beaters mate and i'm sure your club at some stage has had some down periods, maybe not as bad as these two but i'm sure there have been some real bad times. In fact I can remember Morphett Vale almost being put into relegation 10-12 years ago and Hackhams A grade coach at the time Simon Robertson joking about how "unfortunate it would be if that mob down the road went into div 2" over the pa at player awards that night...
Im sure if the roles were reversed you'd show the same enthusiasm these blokes do, perhaps we can all take something out of their books for the floggings they cop week in/week out for 5-6 years now they still stay around? But hey sorry for showing character!!!

"Though I aim to defeat you, If I do I will not humiliate you because for it were without you I would be a lesser man"..... An official slogan of the Olympic games.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby the big bang » Fri May 14, 2010 1:16 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
Rush a Point wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:

Well it's hardly these 2 clubs fault for the SFL going to 1 division isn't it? Not every club can be world beaters mate and i'm sure your club at some stage has had some down periods, maybe not as bad as these two but i'm sure there have been some real bad times. In fact I can remember Morphett Vale almost being put into relegation 10-12 years ago and Hackhams A grade coach at the time Simon Robertson joking about how "unfortunate it would be if that mob down the road went into div 2" over the pa at player awards that night...
Im sure if the roles were reversed you'd show the same enthusiasm these blokes do, perhaps we can all take something out of their books for the floggings they cop week in/week out for 5-6 years now they still stay around? But hey sorry for showing character!!!

"Though I aim to defeat you, If I do I will not humiliate you because for it were without you I would be a lesser man"..... An official slogan of the Olympic games.

never a truer word spoken laugher.

this is my 8th season at Aldinga (although in 2004, i left a few games in to play my last year of junior eligibility in U18's at Morphett Vale, with whom i'd played for in 2002). And what people have to realise is how easy it would be for me to leave the club because we don't win. In my time at Aldinga, the turnover of players we've had is disgusting, players coming, not liking losing, then leaving.

When I got to Aldinga, as a 16 year old, I can remember a few weeks of pre-season training where there was literally the same 6 guys on the track. Fastforward 8 years, and now we get well over 50 guys at the same time of the season. That in itself is a remarkable change, and proves we're heading in the right direction. I love the club, I love the people around the club, and I can truthfully say that the only reasons I would leave would be if we folded, if a team mate slept with Mrs. Bang, or if i moved from within an hours commute of the club.

This weekends game is our grand final. It may mean nothing to anyone else in the world of football or even anyone else in our league, but this weekends game (and the next time we play each other) means THE WORLD to us.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby ddonkey » Fri May 14, 2010 2:15 am

If you guys were in Division 2 you could get excited more often!
ddonkey

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sorry Dude » Fri May 14, 2010 8:09 am

ddonkey wrote:If you guys were in Division 2 you could get excited more often!

we get excited every week. we are playing the great game that is football! there is already a 2 div thread go put your 2c in that one and stop bashing the same old tune! :roll:
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Panther32 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:25 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:"Though I aim to defeat you, If I do I will not humiliate you because for it were without you I would be a lesser man"..... An official slogan of the Olympic games.

=D> =D> =D>
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby rodney fox » Fri May 14, 2010 10:28 am

[quote="the_big_bang]

never a truer word spoken laugher.

this is my 8th season at Aldinga (although in 2004, i left a few games in to play my last year of junior eligibility in U18's at Morphett Vale, with whom i'd played for in 2002). And what people have to realise is how easy it would be for me to leave the club because we don't win. In my time at Aldinga, the turnover of players we've had is disgusting, players coming, not liking losing, then leaving.

When I got to Aldinga, as a 16 year old, I can remember a few weeks of pre-season training where there was literally the same 6 guys on the track. Fastforward 8 years, and now we get well over 50 guys at the same time of the season. That in itself is a remarkable change, and proves we're heading in the right direction. I love the club, I love the people around the club, and I can truthfully say that the only reasons I would leave would be if we folded, if a team mate slept with Mrs. Bang, or if i moved from within an hours commute of the club.

This weekends game is our grand final. It may mean nothing to anyone else in the world of football or even anyone else in our league, but this weekends game (and the next time we play each other) means THE WORLD to us.[/quote]

Why didn't you leave when I did then? :lol: Im sure that kid looks like me, or is it mine like you....I forget now :oops:
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri May 14, 2010 11:36 am

You are playing at Willunga this year right?? :shock:

It's all starting to make sense now!
Last edited by Zelezny Chucks on Fri May 14, 2010 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby MR JUICY » Fri May 14, 2010 11:42 am

Well said, hope the game is a cracker on the weekedn for both sides.
A contest is a contest and may the best team win and rock on that night celebrating!!
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Dig » Fri May 14, 2010 12:33 pm

Should be a great day for both clubs at Hackham tomorrow, a close game, $4 beers on a sunny day :drinkers: , sounds like a good arvo to me! :partyman: :supz: Go the Hawks!
Dig

Postby Sorry Dude » Fri May 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Dig wrote:Should be a great day for both clubs at Hackham tomorrow, a close game, $4 beers on a sunny day :drinkers: , sounds like a good arvo to me! :partyman: :supz: Go the Hawks!

Should be a great day from open to finish. get on down and have a look if you have no commitments ;)
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby MR JUICY » Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Ddonkey - stop being an ass!
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby rodney fox » Fri May 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:You are playing at Willunga this year right?? :shock:

It's all starting to make sense now!

Me ol mate chucks is onto me :oops:

And Donkey I'm sure all the people from Hackhm and Aldinga are pleased with your wisdom and insightful comments and if they could would turn for you in times of trouble as you seem like a real real genuinely good bloke..... :roll:
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time

Postby sherminator » Fri May 14, 2010 4:36 pm

I have no idea who will win ... but will pick the Sharks only because I might know one or two of them! Whatever the outcome good luck to both clubs, I hope its a good day and a good game (and the winners remember the words to the club song).

Reading this and other threads, there are a lot of people who like to have a crack at these two clubs for their lack of on-field success (I'm sure a lot of it is in jest) but I think they both should be applauded for their perseverance and fighting quality to keep fronting up week in and week out. It must be tough running out most weeks knowing you're going to get flogged. At the end of the day, if you're playing with your mates and enjoying the game (regardless of results), who cares what anyone else thinks?
sherminator
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Olympic Dam

Postby HH3 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:47 pm

ddonkey wrote:
hackham hawk wrote:
ddonkey wrote:If you guys were in Division 2 you could get excited more often!

we get excited every week. we are playing the great game that is football! there is already a 2 div thread go put your 2c in that one and stop bashing the same old tune! :roll:

So it's ok for you to fnck up our competition by being part of it.................but I better not intrude on your gay thread!

You have no idea how much i wanna tee off on you mate...but ill bite my tongue coz you're doing a good enough job of making yourself look like a w!nker...
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL