JUNIOR FOOTBALL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby recruiter 10 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 pm

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:OK everyone - the SFL Match Scheduler is a very nice man who has been willing to listen and review :)
I have it on very good authority that we can look forward to an amended juniors programme being released tomorrow, taking on board feedback from the clubs who contacted him

Well done 85 I take it that "THE RED ARMY" have had their draw altered to suit :D :D :D :D
recruiter 10
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kangarilla

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:22 pm

recruiter 10 wrote:
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:OK everyone - the SFL Match Scheduler is a very nice man who has been willing to listen and review :)
I have it on very good authority that we can look forward to an amended juniors programme being released tomorrow, taking on board feedback from the clubs who contacted him

Well done 85 I take it that "THE RED ARMY" have had their draw altered to suit :D :D :D :D

Directing concerns and suggestions to overcome these concerns, through the correct channels has a tendancy to have things amended when possible. ;)
There's no promises to anyone, just acknowledgement that some things needed reviewing.
The revised draw is to be out sent to club delegates Tuesday.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:32 am

2010 we had 18 u/16 teams across 15 clubs. Four sides did not field one team. This year we have 11 u/18 teams.

This is a repeating pattern in the league every year. The usual reasons exist I am sure, but have any clubs tried to address this drop off in participation rate in the juniors at the 16 - 18 age bracket? It must be of particular concern for the clubs fortunate to have two u/16 teams.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Thu May 12, 2011 12:17 am

Interesting Concept.
http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/1449/

SANFL’S FINEST PICK UP THE WHISTLE TO SUPPORT UMPIRING
"SANFL captains and coaches will face an on-field challenge of a different variety this Sunday (May 15) as they become “umpires for a day” at junior matches across Adelaide.

State Umpiring Manager Shane Harris said the SANFL’s inaugural ‘Umpiring Is Everyone’s Business’ initiative aimed to encourage everybody in football to support umpiring at all levels.

“We’re excited the SANFL’s best-known coaches and players have come on board to show the community that everyone has a responsibility to encourage young umpires and support umpiring in general,” he said.

“You can’t play footy without umpires so we all need to play our part in ensuring we continue to grow the numbers of accredited umpires in South Australia.”

Players and coaches will receive their special ‘green shirt’ and whistle this week in the lead-up to their umpiring debuts. All will be officiating at junior matches in their local zones.

Glenelg Reps: All matches at Cove Oval

Mark Mickan 9am - Cove v Morphettville Park U8s

Ty Allen 10am - Cove v Morphettville Park U10s

Rory Kirkby 11am - Cove v Morphettville Park U12s"
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 12, 2011 4:07 pm

brilliant idea sanfl.kudos to the person who came up with this idea.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Junior Age Cut Off

Postby fathersonsfl » Sun May 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Can somebody please tell me the date cut off for under 8's/10's football?
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Junior Age Cut Off

Postby Waterboy » Sun May 15, 2011 10:48 pm

fathersonsfl wrote:Can somebody please tell me the date cut off for under 8's/10's football?

1st of January. So if someone is 7 on the first of January they qualify as an under 8 for that year.
Waterboy
Rookie

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Bag The Points » Sun May 15, 2011 10:50 pm

fathersonsfl wrote:Can somebody please tell me the date cut off for under 8's/10's football?

probably 1st January,but I suggest ringing SFL office 8384 6920 if you want it confirmed
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Mon May 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Bag The Points wrote:

probably 1st January,but I suggest ringing SFL office 8384 6920 if you want it confirmed

It is definately how old the player is on 1st Jan of the year in which matches are to be played.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Can anyone confirm that Sundays Subbies at Christies Beach is at Bice Oval? Only reason I ask is that the Primary School is listed in the ground locations. Thanks
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Wed May 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:Can anyone confirm that Sundays Subbies at Christies Beach is at Bice Oval? Only reason I ask is that the Primary School is listed in the ground locations. Thanks

I'm going to the League Office tomorrow. Will check and get back to you Dutchy
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 18, 2011 11:23 pm

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Can anyone confirm that Sundays Subbies at Christies Beach is at Bice Oval? Only reason I ask is that the Primary School is listed in the ground locations. Thanks

I'm going to the League Office tomorrow. Will check and get back to you Dutchy

Thanks!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Thu May 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Bice Oval
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Got the draw through for the Subbies U8 & U10's carnival at Lonsdale this Sunday, good to see every team has nominated except why have Cove decided to field only 1 team in each age group when they have been running 2 all year????

Putting together their best teams for these grades? Surely not? Would be a heap of kids miss out on a fun day that have played all year...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Straight Line » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:Got the draw through for the Subbies U8 & U10's carnival at Lonsdale this Sunday, good to see every team has nominated except why have Cove decided to field only 1 team in each age group when they have been running 2 all year????

Putting together their best teams for these grades? Surely not? Would be a heap of kids miss out on a fun day that have played all year...

If that is the case Cove its b****y terrible, kids missing out on footy come on:evil:
Straight Line
Rookie

Postby vics01 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Straight Line
If that is the case Cove its b****y terrible, kids missing out on footy come on:evil:

Dutchy
Got the draw through for the Subbies U8 & U10's carnival at Lonsdale this Sunday, good to see every team has nominated except why have Cove decided to field only 1 team in each age group when they have been running 2 all year????

Another case of half truths and ill informed bulls**t. worry about your backyard. This is very junior participation football.

The SFL failed to program Cove Venom for any games. Cove notified the SFL and a new draw has/will be redone
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Waterboy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:31 pm

vics01 wrote:
Straight Line

Dutchy

Another case of half truths and ill informed bulls**t. worry about your backyard. This is very junior participation football.

The SFL failed to program Cove Venom for any games. Cove notified the SFL and a new draw has/will be redone

If you look at the original draw and at the amended draw, there were 2 Noarlunga White teams and no Cove Venom, so I'd suspect the Venom were always suppoed to be there.
Waterboy
Rookie

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:46 pm

vics01 wrote:
Straight Line

Dutchy

Well thats why I asked the question, good to hear there is a genuine reason.

Now looking closer I can see Noarlunga White are named twice so one of those spots must be Cove Venom, it seems draws and fixtures arent a strong point at the SFL, The got our Red and Blue teams wrong also!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Straight Line » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Straight Line wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Got the draw through for the Subbies U8 & U10's carnival at Lonsdale this Sunday, good to see every team has nominated except why have Cove decided to field only 1 team in each age group when they have been running 2 all year????

Take that back good work cove
Straight Line
Rookie

Postby jet-airport » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Straight Line wrote:
Straight Line wrote:

Take that back good work cove

wouldnt be the only club stacking their sides if they had done. :evil: One club does it at the start of the year selections,how can every player in this u/10's side be a second year under 10 player ???/
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL