JUNIOR FOOTBALL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby shoe boy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:31 am

Same @ Shoe 3 May 9am start for Auskick :D

Some great ex players running the show and tidy mums :shock:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Straight Line » Sun May 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Were there any red coats at Pt Noar oval this morning to see what I call a B****** Discrace to have 3 U10 games on one oval ????? Our team being small got absolutly smashed around the packs with ball up after ball up ( 3 kids injured) and kids kicking over half the lenght of the ground and they call this development of kids what a JOKE!!!!! :evil:
Straight Line
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Straight Line » Sun May 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Sorry that was a dig at the SFL not Porties who organised it well.
Straight Line
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Apparently Porties didnt get asked if they wanted to host 8 games - only 2 involved them - this morning, just told to. Apparently there was a lack of options for ovals today. However drove past Cove and it was empty...

In 6 years of subbies Ive only ever seen SFL officials at the carnival games. Speaking of that, they have canned the u8 & u10 shields without asking the clubs. If kids cant have one day of competition and learn the important life skill of winning/losing then we are in real trouble...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Turbo » Sun May 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Well done to Aldinga today for hosting four u8 games, three u10 games and two u12 games today. Not ideal but managed as best as possible. Cove as has been mentioned was vacant today and could've been used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 18, 2015 8:16 am

The Shoe only had Aus Kick @ 9

Whites @ Hackham
Blues @ Reynella
Why not have one of these groups at the Shoe every week?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2015 11:37 am

And next year we have been told u8's to from 12 a side to 9 and u10's goes from 15 to 12. Which will create even more teams, logistics, grounds, volunteers, expense.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Turbo » Mon May 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:And next year we have been told u8's to from 12 a side to 9 and u10's goes from 15 to 12. Which will create even more teams, logistics, grounds, volunteers, expense.

Should remain with 12 a side. It's gonna be a logistical nightmare for all involved with more volunteers etc required.

Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Turbo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:And next year we have been told u8's to from 12 a side to 9 and u10's goes from 15 to 12. Which will create even more teams, logistics, grounds, volunteers, expense.

Should remain with 12 a side. It's gonna be a logistical nightmare for all involved with more volunteers etc required.

There are a whole range of issues why it shouldn't have changed in the first place, and I think the SFL are now realising it with the nightmare of a draw/logistics of having all these teams.

Imagine and under 10 player going from modified rules on a small ground with 12 a side (after playing u8's @ 9 a side) and then coming into u12's with a full oval, 18 a side and full on tackling/bumping? I can see a massive drop off at this level in coming years.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Turbo » Mon May 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Turbo wrote:

There are a whole range of issues why it shouldn't have changed in the first place, and I think the SFL are now realising it with the nightmare of a draw/logistics of having all these teams.

Imagine and under 10 player going from modified rules on a small ground with 12 a side (after playing u8's @ 9 a side) and then coming into u12's with a full oval, 18 a side and full on tackling/bumping? I can see a massive drop off at this level in coming years.

But the research shows....

Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby 1919 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:39 pm

Turbo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Turbo wrote:

But the research shows....

Sadly the research simply represents the wishes and wants of a majority of soft parents that do not want to see their precious youngsters physically hurt or mentally hurt through exposure to any form of expectation, challenges, achievement without effort etc etc. Sadly those parents are there for the social status of being at the kids sport and are happy to remain ignorant to the benefits of the sport from a life and social lessons perspective.
put helmets on the kids heads and padding like a gridiron player and those same parents would be pushing their kids onto the ground demanding that the kids show them how a real man plays. Half the youth participants in soccer would transition across to Aussie Rules and AFL clubs could start recruiting natural footballers in 10 years time.
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:26 am

Does anyone know if the u/18's comp is a top 5 or 4 when it comes to finals?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby mrp2626 » Wed May 27, 2015 10:47 am

its a final 8 like the rest!
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Down the Hill » Wed May 27, 2015 10:54 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Does anyone know if the u/18's comp is a top 5 or 4 when it comes to finals?

The Saturday finals series for U14 thru to A grade must fully align so regardless of how many teams are in the junior grades, the Final 8 should stay consistent with the A and B grade.

A final 5 requires consists of 6 finals spread over 4 weeks whereas a final 8 is 9 finals over 8 weeks. 3 A and B grade finals without junior finals to curtain raise would take atmosphere away - but more importantly to the SFL - would cause a reduction in gate takings.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times

Postby cracka » Wed May 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Does anyone know if the u/18's comp is a top 5 or 4 when it comes to finals?

The Saturday finals series for U14 thru to A grade must fully align so regardless of how many teams are in the junior grades, the Final 8 should stay consistent with the A and B grade.

A final 5 requires consists of 6 finals spread over 4 weeks whereas a final 8 is 9 finals over 8 weeks. 3 A and B grade finals without junior finals to curtain raise would take atmosphere away - but more importantly to the SFL - would cause a reduction in gate takings.

What, SFL finals goes for 8 weeks. When does the season finish.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Down the Hill » Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Oops typo, I meant 4 weeks for the final 8 to be played.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Down the Hill wrote:

Sadly something that is happening during the minor round at the moment.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Have played against Porties in the 12s the last 2 weeks and they seperate their 2 teams into first year and second year players, so effectively they have a team full of under 11's and a team full of 12 yo's. I understand Christies do the same also.

Only reason I can think of is they are trying to keep the older kids together to give them momentum into the 14's next year. What concerns me is the younger team have no big bodies to help the little ones out, not a huge issue but a bit strange.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:36 am

Dutchy wrote:Have played against Porties in the 12s the last 2 weeks and they seperate their 2 teams into first year and second year players, so effectively they have a team full of under 11's and a team full of 12 yo's. I understand Christies do the same also.

Only reason I can think of is they are trying to keep the older kids together to give them momentum into the 14's next year. What concerns me is the younger team have no big bodies to help the little ones out, not a huge issue but a bit strange.

When I played juniors at Primary School we had 2 teams in each age group and would be mainly separated into the first years and second years. Usually meant losing a lot of games with the first years and winning a lot in your second year.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Moe » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:58 am

If Junior football is to be played on the Brighton Primary school, then I suggest a toilet for both sexes would be in order. Luckily it was a nice day as well, because there is not much shelter for spectators at all.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL