JUNIOR FOOTBALL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:18 am

Archer11 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Any one know when the 18's and below grades fixtures be released?

I would think that will be when clubs have finally done their recruiting for players. I would imagine that there will be a programme in the next 4-6 weeks!!! Not ideal but what do you do!!

the season starts in that time :)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby oneuponedown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:29 pm

Could someone let me know how SANFL zoning works for 14-16 year old kids in development squads.

I thought zoning now went on where you lived?
But in contacting a club today, was told differently?

Example; So if your live in a clubs Zone say (Brighton) in the Glenelg zone and play in a comp like GSFL for Willunga (south Zone).....Where are you trying out for development squads??
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby cracka » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:39 pm

oneuponedown wrote:Could someone let me know how SANFL zoning works for 14-16 year old kids in development squads.

Example; So if your live in a clubs Zone say (Brighton) in the Glenelg zone and play in a comp like GSFL for Willunga (south Zone).....Where are you trying out for development squads??

Unless its changed from last year it goes on where you live. Same thing if a kid plays for a school in one zone but lives in a different zone.

Before the zones changed a couple of years ago & the HFL was split between 4 SANFL clubs we had a lad playing for us (Norwood zone) but lived in Mt Barker (Sturt zone) so he missed out as Mt Barker FC wouldn't nominate him. Luckily the zones changed the next year so we could.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:49 pm

oneuponedown wrote:Could someone let me know how SANFL zoning works for 14-16 year old kids in development squads.

A kid can play wherever he likes before turning 15. Initial recruiting often happens at primary school age and the SANFL clubs will draw on the schools in their Zone but then you can get a kid who lives in one Zone but attends school in another Zone. But the SANFL clubs work on the theory that the kid would rather play in the dev squads with the kids he plays with and against in school footy. But once he turns 15 he has to play for the club he is zoned to unless the club he currently plays for either pays a transfer that is around $5000 or can arrange a swap for a lad at the other club who is Zoned to their club.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby oneuponedown » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:55 am

Down the Hill wrote:

A kid can play wherever he likes before turning 15. Initial recruiting often happens at primary school age and the SANFL clubs will draw on the schools in their Zone but then you can get a kid who lives in one Zone but attends school in another Zone. But the SANFL clubs work on the theory that the kid would rather play in the dev squads with the kids he plays with and against in school footy. But once he turns 15 he has to play for the club he is zoned to unless the club he currently plays for either pays a transfer that is around $5000 or can arrange a swap for a lad at the other club who is Zoned to their club.

Cheers DTH.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Flagstaff Hill FC will have 3 Under 14 teams in 2016 with some spots still available if anyone is keen to come out and play in the system that won the 2015 U14 Premiership.

For more info PM me or email fhfcjuniors@gmail.com
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby vics01 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:49 pm

DUTCHY
Flagstaff Hill FC will have 3 Under 14 teams in 2016 with some spots still available if anyone is keen to come out and play in the system that won the 2015 U14 Premiership.

Bet they can't wait for that reunion?? Icy poles and coke all round
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby cracka » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Dutchy wrote:Flagstaff Hill FC will have 3 Under 14 teams in 2016 with some spots still available if anyone is keen to come out and play in the system that won the 2015 U14 Premiership.

Bloody hell, good numbers. How will you work it, 1 saturday team & 2 sunday teams or vice versa.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:58 pm

cracka wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Flagstaff Hill FC will have 3 Under 14 teams in 2016 with some spots still available if anyone is keen to come out and play in the system that won the 2015 U14 Premiership.

Bloody hell, good numbers. How will you work it, 1 saturday team & 2 sunday teams or vice versa.

Correct, with numbers around 55-60 better off scratching for 3 teams than having 10-15 kids missing out every week with only 2 teams.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL