JUNIOR FOOTBALL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Moe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Thanks for narrowing the disgraced club down to 3 Dutchy but judging by the fixture and your allegiance it would seem it wasn't Brighton. Possibly a club that has a colour not worn by any other club in the SFL.

Well I can assure you it was not Morphettville Park.
User avatar
Moe
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:50 am
Location: On the Redlegs Bandwagon.
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 63 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 am

Dutchy wrote:For one day a year the kids should be able to participate in a carnival that means something, how to handle winning and more importantly losing is a life skill that can be taught well via footy.

In my experience the kids have a great day even if they go home after 3 games and don't progress.

Sadly it probably has more to do with the parents behaviour which has the SFL shying away from the competitive stuff , while it has generally been good in the last couple of years, one of the down the hill clubs disgraced itself on the weekend.


Said club had had a few complaints made about its conduct throughout the season


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Turbo
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Lygon Street - The Holy Land
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 33 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:46 am

Well they chose the wrong time and place to misbehave on Sunday, with the SFL Umpiring Director in attendance. While it was ugly hopefully something good comes out of it and weeds out the trouble makers.
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 40144
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1394 times
Been liked: 2229 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Moe wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Thanks for narrowing the disgraced club down to 3 Dutchy but judging by the fixture and your allegiance it would seem it wasn't Brighton. Possibly a club that has a colour not worn by any other club in the SFL.

Well I can assure you it was not Morphettville Park.


I was referring to one particular colour not the whole strip. Only one club in the SFL has green in its livery.
User avatar
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 3:36 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 209 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Waterboy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
Moe wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Thanks for narrowing the disgraced club down to 3 Dutchy but judging by the fixture and your allegiance it would seem it wasn't Brighton. Possibly a club that has a colour not worn by any other club in the SFL.

Well I can assure you it was not Morphettville Park.


I was referring to one particular colour not the whole strip. Only one club in the SFL has green in its livery.


There'll be 2 in a couple of weeks time.
Waterboy
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:09 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Animus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:19 pm

the old Bears making an appearance are they Waterboy?
Animus
Under 16s
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Waterboy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Animus wrote:the old Bears making an appearance are they Waterboy?


Yep, Mawson heritage guernseys getting another run.
Waterboy
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:09 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby vics01 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Bugga me an under 11 side losing a Grand Final.... Nobody got zapped by a lightening bolt....

https://fbcdn-video-j-a.akamaihd.net/hv ... 0eb824dbd3
vics01
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:23 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:32 am

vics01 wrote:Bugga me an under 11 side losing a Grand Final.... Nobody got zapped by a lightening bolt....

https://fbcdn-video-j-a.akamaihd.net/hv ... 0eb824dbd3


We must protect the children from the evils of competitive sport.

The basis of the AFL's 'This is our game' policy was a survey they conducted with a range of junior players with questions such as:
  • Do you like it when you lose?
  • Is it more fun when you get more kicks?
  • Do you like it when adults tell you that you did the wrong thing?
  • Do you enjoy sitting on the bench?
  • Do you play football because it is fun?
Pretty obvious the responses to those

Maybe a similar study should be done into our school system:
  • Do you like when it is school holidays?
  • Do you like it when a teacher tells you off for doing something wrong?
  • Do you like doing homework?
  • etc etc
User avatar
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2035
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 273 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Divers » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:59 pm

How so? asking question only
Divers
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:21 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Divers wrote:How so? asking question only



Quite a strongly worded post first up. Full of scandalous accusations and as you said not in the media at all.

Please take a look at the rules of this site Here


For any forum user please be reminded that if you have issues with any post by users to please use the report post function as this can be brought to the attention of the moderating team far more quickly to deal with.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15765
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 472 times
Been liked: 1129 times

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby oneuponedown » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Good luck to the Valley 16's and 14's this week.

Have the costs to get in to Grand final and watch this week been posted as yet?
oneuponedown
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:20 am
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Grand Final entry is the same as the last 3 weeks.

$10 Adults, $5 Concession & U16 FREE
User avatar
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 3:36 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 209 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby ol man emu » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Morphett Vale Football Club
Are looking for an under 14 coach for the 2016 season.
To express your interest please contact the secretary.
A.S.A.P.
morphttvalefootballclubsecretary@live.com.au
0412480666
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:54 pm
Location: Flying the flags
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby vics01 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 pm

Rumour has it up to 6 SFL clubs are thinking of affiliating some if not all of their Juniors DTH.. I wonder if any of these were the clubs screaming that Edwardstown should be made to bring their juniors over?? If so a little hypocritical..

Could be a boom for the clubs who remain, picking up those who do not want to travel down to and past latte land.
vics01
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:23 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:53 am

vics01 wrote:Rumour has it up to 6 SFL clubs are thinking of affiliating some if not all of their Juniors DTH.. I wonder if any of these were the clubs screaming that Edwardstown should be made to bring their juniors over?? If so a little hypocritical..

Could be a boom for the clubs who remain, picking up those who do not want to travel down to and past latte land.


Vics01 ,
The SANFL proposal only effects the Sunday juniors (over flow from Saturday side or as we call them development)

This SANFL proposal has zero effect on the fabric of our competition which is Saturday footy , and as you would know the Sunday programme only started when clubs had an excess of Saturday juniors BUT some have allowed this to be taken advantage off.
User avatar
shoe boy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4196
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:58 pm
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 185 times

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:00 pm

So it looks like the 3 clubs down the hill have joined the SANFL comp. Will this make the clubs up the hill happy?
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Down the Road
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby Dutchy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:01 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:So it looks like the 3 clubs down the hill have joined the SANFL comp. Will this make the clubs up the hill happy?


As long as they have Saturday junior teams in the SFL I can't see there being any issues
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 40144
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1394 times
Been liked: 2229 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:So it looks like the 3 clubs down the hill have joined the SANFL comp. Will this make the clubs up the hill happy?


As long as they have Saturday junior teams in the SFL I can't see there being any issues

18's ain't included in that is it?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2845 times
Been liked: 2187 times

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:18 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:So it looks like the 3 clubs down the hill have joined the SANFL comp. Will this make the clubs up the hill happy?


As long as they have Saturday junior teams in the SFL I can't see there being any issues

18's ain't included in that is it?


18's will still be in SFL, unfortunately Morphys won't have 14's and 16's on Saturday. They will play on Sunday SANFL comp
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Down the Road
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest