Rumours and Mumblings - SFL 2012

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Rumours and Mumblings - SFL 2012

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:50 pm

afc9798 wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:[quote= :-h "HardenUp"]Rumours such as five HFL clubs moving to SFL and then two divs after one or two seasons....????
Blackwood had their board meeting last night to determine as such

If they do come over Harden Up you lot down the Hill might find yourself in Div 2 nxt Yr ,heard that to be a Div 1 side clubs will be required to field 5 Sat teams ,and with yours Jnrs deciding to stay in the Sunday league it might be bye bye Div 1 from Townies ,Not that it Bothers me coz clubs that cant field 5 sides on Sat are a pain in the backside with some teams playing at differant venues

Interesting decisions to be made by SFL. Always a lot of hot air at this time of the year, but the HFL teams interest is apparently very real and quite advanced. Haven't heard anything from the Blackwood meeting as yet...

Agree on the 5 Sat sides thing, it makes a farce of one of he SFL's best selling points. A full day of club footy at the same venue.[/quote]

So port noalunga would be a div 2 side based on this year :roll: loser

Back in the div one days, there were never 10 under 17/18 clubs and it was a lot better comp than today.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby 1919 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:44 pm

HardenUp wrote:My understanding is clubs from both country and central will be coming and Townies back to SAAFL, that way everyone gets what the want. In saying that I can't describe the pleasure it gives me to be hated by every other team, wouldn't want it any other way :lol:

Not sure where you get your information from 'hardenup' but ABSOLUTELY no way will Townies entertain the idea of SAAFL. The treasonists from the Juniors would have to take oveer trhe board for that to happen and the AGM is way past nomination and resignation dates for the two leagues concerned. Not sure who you are but give me a call. Like your stance on a few matters.
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby HardenUp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Not sure where you get your information from 'hardenup' but ABSOLUTELY no way will Townies entertain the idea of SAAFL. The treasonists from the Juniors would have to take oveer trhe board for that to happen and the AGM is way past nomination and resignation dates for the two leagues concerned. Not sure who you are but give me a call. Like your stance on a few matters

comment regarding EFC back to SAAFL was based on an assumption on how many teams could be in the league next year. With your confirmation of Towns being in SFL, the number of HFL teams must have been reduced by one. For the record I don't have any affiliations with either the Junrs or Snrs boards, my personal preference is for the club to survive and secondly to be in the SAAFL.
HardenUp

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 pm

There was a rumour last month the Marion were looking at joining the SAAFL, any truth to that?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL