Rumours and Mumblings - SFL 2012

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Rumours and Mumblings - SFL 2012

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:01 am

Strong rumours again on the weekend that Brighton will have a dissision in 2-3 weeks about if they are staying in the SFL or moving to SAAFL Div3 for 2013. Got told they have asked the players for there oppinions and should have the answers soon. Anybody know any more?
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Goal side » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Strong rumour that hackham have no money and that players will not be getting paid to play footy!
Goal side
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Courtney Fish » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Goal side wrote:Strong rumour that hackham have no money and that players will not be getting paid to play footy!

I'm sure they would make some money at the Under 12's carnival. Oh that's right, 2 of the bottom 3 teams have lost a major fundraising opportunity.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby vics01 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm sure they would make some money at the Under 12's carnival. Oh that's right, 2 of the bottom 3 teams have lost a major fundraising opportunity.

And I thought it was all about the KIDS??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby afc9798 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:37 am

vics01 wrote:

And I thought it was all about the KIDS??

It is about the kids, but let's be realistic, how else are some of the lower ranked teams going to get funds coming into their clubs? I don't begrudge them that opportunity and they have always run the carnival events well. Money is not a dirty word, it's unfortunately the lifeblood of every club, especially those that don't have the player numbers or sponsor appeal.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby vics01 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

It is about the kids, but let's be realistic, how else are some of the lower ranked teams going to get funds coming into their clubs? I don't begrudge them that opportunity and they have always run the carnival events well. Money is not a dirty word, it's unfortunately the lifeblood of every club, especially those that don't have the player numbers or sponsor appeal.

Same way as every other team hard work with sponsors and fund raising. Just because a club is successful or has player numbers doesnt make it financially better off than any other club. In fact the larger the playing numbers the higher the cost in affilaiation umpires etc etc.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:54 am

vics01 wrote:

Same way as every other team hard work with sponsors and fund raising. Just because a club is successful or has player numbers doesnt make it financially better off than any other club. In fact the larger the playing numbers the higher the cost in affilaiation umpires etc etc.

Running a carnival is hard work. And the positive feed back towards both carnivals is reward for all the work that goes in to them.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby afc9798 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:50 pm

vics01 wrote:

Disagree respectfully. If I was a sponsor and I had a choice between Morphett Vale or Hackham as my business was in the local area, I'd go MV every time. They offer a larger membership and player base, they are a successful side and in many cases, these clubs are simply better run. The playing field is not level for all clubs and never will be. Sure they can improve to get better, but realistically how long do you think before Hackham would get to the level of a MV with 2 teams in most age groups from sub-junior up.

They also have a smaller base from which to fundraise. I would not like to be in the position of a Hackham or Lonsdale, especially as sponsor dollars and people in general get tighter.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Goal side » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:46 pm

So any rumours on coaches leaving or asked to leave or players going? must be time it's almost the end of the season!
Goal side
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby HardenUp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Rumours such as five HFL clubs moving to SFL and then two divs after one or two seasons....????
Blackwood had their board meeting last night to determine as such
HardenUp

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Oldman Munga » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:20 pm

[quote= :-h "HardenUp"]Rumours such as five HFL clubs moving to SFL and then two divs after one or two seasons....????
Blackwood had their board meeting last night to determine as such[/quote]

If they do come over Harden Up you lot down the Hill might find yourself in Div 2 nxt Yr ,heard that to be a Div 1 side clubs will be required to field 5 Sat teams ,and with yours Jnrs deciding to stay in the Sunday league it might be bye bye Div 1 from Townies ,Not that it Bothers me coz clubs that cant field 5 sides on Sat are a pain in the backside with some teams playing at differant venues
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby afc9798 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:[quote= :-h "HardenUp"]Rumours such as five HFL clubs moving to SFL and then two divs after one or two seasons....????
Blackwood had their board meeting last night to determine as such

If they do come over Harden Up you lot down the Hill might find yourself in Div 2 nxt Yr ,heard that to be a Div 1 side clubs will be required to field 5 Sat teams ,and with yours Jnrs deciding to stay in the Sunday league it might be bye bye Div 1 from Townies ,Not that it Bothers me coz clubs that cant field 5 sides on Sat are a pain in the backside with some teams playing at differant venues[/quote]

Interesting decisions to be made by SFL. Always a lot of hot air at this time of the year, but the HFL teams interest is apparently very real and quite advanced. Haven't heard anything from the Blackwood meeting as yet...

Agree on the 5 Sat sides thing, it makes a farce of one of he SFL's best selling points. A full day of club footy at the same venue.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby HardenUp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:35 am

My understanding is clubs from both country and central will be coming and Townies back to SAAFL, that way everyone gets what the want. In saying that I can't describe the pleasure it gives me to be hated by every other team, wouldn't want it any other way :lol:
HardenUp

Postby HardenUp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:38 am

Woods decision has been made, other clubs to follow suit then approach SFL
HardenUp

Postby HardenUp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:09 am

Apparently up to six clubs now from HFL with 20 team comp
HardenUp

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Sounds like it is happening, as some may be aware the Happy Valley CC have been playing in the Hills comp for a number of years now so there is a precedent.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby leftpeg » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 pm

HardenUp wrote:My understanding is clubs from both country and central will be coming and Townies back to SAAFL, that way everyone gets what the want. In saying that I can't describe the pleasure it gives me to be hated by every other team, wouldn't want it any other way :lol:

Can you take Morphy Park with you?
leftpeg

Been liked: 5 times

Postby spot on » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:27 pm

HardenUp wrote:Woods decision has been made, other clubs to follow suit then approach SFL

Is this to happen for 2013 season? My understanding is that it has to be done and dusted by the end of October if it is, not a lot of time left.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby afc9798 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 pm

HardenUp wrote:My understanding is clubs from both country and central will be coming and Townies back to SAAFL, that way everyone gets what the want. In saying that I can't describe the pleasure it gives me to be hated by every other team, wouldn't want it any other way :lol:

It's not hate anymore, it's pity. Nothing there to hate.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 pm

leftpeg wrote:

Can you take Morphy Park with you?

Loser :roll:
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL