2013 season

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: 2013 season

Postby Specky McGee » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:33 pm

barry footynut wrote:
as you wood wrote:
Specky McGee wrote:Would be very surprised if Flaggies finished as high as predicted in some of these ladders. Hearing rumblings of a mass exodus of some real quality. Do have proven depth through the B grade, which may just keep them in the hunt for a 8 - 12 finishing position. Unfortunately appears to be a backward step after a few years of matching it with the real powerhouses of the competition.

This i would agree with Flaggies showed a lot of promise in 2011, then they needed to continue in 2012 but only to go backwards.
They have lost a lot and gain only a few, but led to believe that purse strings were closed tight(as they have a healthy bank account) and the Coach should have bowed out at the end of last season.

But things could change after the bonding weekend (at Loxton)with minimal footballers attending, only 1/3 of its Senior's A & B attending. great start for a team that wants to improve

I to don't rated Flaggies in the top 8 more like in the the group of 11 to 15.[/quote

Mass exodus ???

Who has left? I know of smith SANFL and Shane Heinrich to Peake. Do agree tho loss of a couple of key players could send flaggies spiralling down the ladder.

Well from what I have heard;

Sam Smith - Sturt
Jordan Johns - Returned home to Broken Hill
Michael Shearer - Overseas
Dane Sommers - Returned to Goody Saints?
Simon Murton - Interstate

And Shane Heinrich to Peake? Geez, I hope he's not getting paid. Otherwise the Peake boys can understandably be upset with their standard of recruiting this year.
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby barry footynut » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Specky McGee wrote:
barry footynut wrote:
as you wood wrote:
Specky McGee wrote:Would be very surprised if Flaggies finished as high as predicted in some of these ladders. Hearing rumblings of a mass exodus of some real quality. Do have proven depth through the B grade, which may just keep them in the hunt for a 8 - 12 finishing position. Unfortunately appears to be a backward step after a few years of matching it with the real powerhouses of the competition.

This i would agree with Flaggies showed a lot of promise in 2011, then they needed to continue in 2012 but only to go backwards.
They have lost a lot and gain only a few, but led to believe that purse strings were closed tight(as they have a healthy bank account) and the Coach should have bowed out at the end of last season.

But things could change after the bonding weekend (at Loxton)with minimal footballers attending, only 1/3 of its Senior's A & B attending. great start for a team that wants to improve

I to don't rated Flaggies in the top 8 more like in the the group of 11 to 15.[/quote

Mass exodus ???

Who has left? I know of smith SANFL and Shane Heinrich to Peake. Do agree tho loss of a couple of key players could send flaggies spiralling down the ladder.

Sam Smith - Sturt

And Shane Heinrich to Peake? Geez, I hope he's not getting paid. Otherwise the Peake boys can understandably be upset with their standard of recruiting this year.

Well, tough year for the bushpigs I'm tipping they won't be seeing any finals action this yr..
barry footynut
Rookie

Postby petcon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 am

can someone post a link to the league clearances page, I cant seem to find it.
petcon
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby MatteeG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 pm

barry footynut wrote:Well, tough year for the bushpigs I'm tipping they won't be seeing any finals action this yr..

Yep- we're clearly finished. May as well forfeit now and get it done with. :roll:

Cant believe people are listing Brighton to miss the 8! Ridiculous!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby leftpeg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:18 pm

any chance of returning, to help your old club out?
leftpeg

Been liked: 5 times

Postby dinglinga » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Another light pole falling over at Cove

Thats 2 in 18 months
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby happilyretired » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:11 am

how is the C-Grade competition looking this year?

Any new teams coming in or teams dropping out?

without actually seeing any games last year and purely going on the results page it seems that Noarlunga struggled to field a side and may have actually folded in the later stages of the competition.

I guess it may be hard to tell as some clubs may be waiting on final numbers of players etc.

was 2012 the first year Aldinga had a C-Grade? they didnt win a game but looking at results they weren't getting as badly thrashed as i would have thought
happilyretired
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby the big bang » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:20 pm

happilyretired wrote:how is the C-Grade competition looking this year?

Any new teams coming in or teams dropping out?

without actually seeing any games last year and purely going on the results page it seems that Noarlunga struggled to field a side and may have actually folded in the later stages of the competition.

I guess it may be hard to tell as some clubs may be waiting on final numbers of players etc.

was 2012 the first year Aldinga had a C-Grade? they didnt win a game but looking at results they weren't getting as badly thrashed as i would have thought

yep, was Aldingas first year of C grade, and i would assume it will be the last at least for a while. were in positions to win games in the second half of some games, just lacked the fitness to get themselves across the line.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:04 pm

MatteeG wrote:
barry footynut wrote:Well, tough year for the bushpigs I'm tipping they won't be seeing any finals action this yr..

Yep- we're clearly finished. May as well forfeit now and get it done with. :roll:

Cant believe people are listing Brighton to miss the 8! Ridiculous!

Bring back MatteeG!!
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Specky McGee » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:43 pm

leftpeg wrote:

Unfortunately, I'd say that is very unlikely. Although, never say never. I may have a few C grade games left in me. But only if MatteeG and BubblesOfBlue pulled on the boots again! :)
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Postby MatteeG » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Specky McGee wrote:
leftpeg wrote:

Unfortunately, I'd say that is very unlikely. Although, never say never. I may have a few C grade games left in me. But only if MatteeG and BubblesOfBlue pulled on the boots again! :)

The Bubbler is much more likely than me Specky!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:43 am

Specky McGee wrote:
barry footynut wrote:
as you wood wrote:

Mass exodus ???

Sam Smith - Sturt

Yeah thats why Flaggies offered Heinrich the captaincy to retain him -
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby reppoh_eht » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:49 am

Funniest post I've read on here for a while...
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Dazza44 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:41 pm

@ Oldman Munga .... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Dazza44 wrote:@ Oldman Munga .... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yep, what he said ...
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby vics01 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Who is coaching OSB this season??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Waterboy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:04 pm

vics01 wrote:Who is coaching OSB this season??

Troy Williams
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 am

Waterboy wrote:

Troy Williams

Is that the former Lonsdale/Sullies player, who would only be about 30 years old? Had to retire with a neck/back injury?
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby lion heart » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:57 am

Cheese Twisties wrote:
Waterboy wrote:

Troy Williams

Is that the former Lonsdale/Sullies player, who would only be about 30 years old? Had to retire with a neck/back injury?

Thats him he fractured a few vertebrae in his neck in a Elim Final V Brighton about 5/6 years ago which ended his career.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Cheese Twisties » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:10 pm

lion heart wrote:
Cheese Twisties wrote:
Waterboy wrote:

Troy Williams

Thats him he fractured a few vertebrae in his neck in a Elim Final V Brighton about 5/6 years ago which ended his career.

Good on him! Big step up tho, has he ever coached before? Whenever we travel to Lonsdale I can always hear him screaming abuse at me from the bar area! A good lad tho.
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL