Mail Medal 2013

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Pick who you think will win the medal

Poll ended at Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Joshua Spurling (BDOS)
No votes
Benn Crate (CB)
No votes
Jacob Crate (CB)
6%
Aidan Coakley (CB)
No votes
Darren Hare (Cove)
3%
Andrew Angove (Edw)
No votes
Colby Blyth (Edw)
3%
Matthew Hearn (Edw)
3%
Thomas Chapman (FH)
3%
Jake Spencely (Hack)
12%
Jonathan Eagleton (HV)
6%
Nathan Petersen-Gray (HV)
18%
Braden Bayly (MV)
3%
Nathan Bayly (MV)
No votes
Michael Bode (MV)
15%
Jamie Ruwoldt (MVP)
3%
Mark Ruwoldt (MVP)
9%
Shane Comer (Noar)
No votes
Christopher Minns (Noar)
18%
Ciaran O'Hagan (PN)
No votes
Travis Tedmanson (PN)
No votes

Total votes : 34

Re: Mail Medal 2013

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 pm

How do they work out club of the year?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby afc9798 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:How do they work out club of the year?

Overall results across all grades at the end of the minor round.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby PuttingBStorest » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:27 am

Does anybody know if it is possible to access a full listing of the player/team votes anywhere?
PuttingBStorest
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:41 am

PuttingBStorest wrote:Does anybody know if it is possible to access a full listing of the player/team votes anywhere?

Yes sec from your club will get full lists.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:10 am

afc9798 wrote:

So its more "best on field performed club" than "club of the year".
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Roo Ted » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:11 am

Who won?
Roo Ted

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:29 am

Roo Ted wrote:Who won?

read back a page ;)
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 am

A tie between 2x reynella players in the B grade. Surely that hasnt happened much in any form of the gamebefore?
Well done to Goldy 2 in a row for him, not bad from the smallest player in the league. He makes Todd Johnson look like a giant!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby afc9798 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:50 am

Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

As far as I am aware yes. Why, are you suggesting that Happy valley aren't deserved winners because of an issue with raffle tickets?
I think we fit both criteria pretty well, stability on and off the field other than a few minor issues during the year.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby PuttingBStorest » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

shoe boy wrote:
PuttingBStorest wrote:Does anybody know if it is possible to access a full listing of the player/team votes anywhere?

Yes sec from your club will get full lists.

Thanks Shoe Boy. I was hoping that it might get put up on Sporting Pulse or on the SFL page because I wanted to look at about half a dozen players results all in different teams. I will get in touch with each club and get the info. Cheers
PuttingBStorest
Mini-League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

We are judging football clubs, who compete on field in football...

How else would you judge it? Quality of the organisation of raffles? Effectiveness of trainers to hold up games for ambulances? Number of mistakes made by scoreboard attendants?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 pm

afc9798 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

As far as I am aware yes. Why, are you suggesting that Happy valley aren't deserved winners because of an issue with raffle tickets?
I think we fit both criteria pretty well, stability on and off the field other than a few minor issues during the year.

No not at all, just genuinely curious as to how it is awarded, the award name indicates it covers the whole clubs operations, whereas in fact it is simply based on onfield performance for u14's and above.

Personally would have thought a "club" award would include Auskick to A grade and how it interacts with their community etc.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby afc9798 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:

No not at all, just genuinely curious as to how it is awarded, the award name indicates it covers the whole clubs operations, whereas in fact it is simply based on onfield performance for u14's and above.

Personally would have thought a "club" award would include Auskick to A grade and how it interacts with their community etc.[/quote][/quote]

I don't think there is a published criteria, however, if there were major sub junior issues impacting a club, I gather this would impact the award.
It would be a good idea to have a published criteria, rather than leaving it to subjective opinions or perceived bias. And I do agree that all those areas should be taken into account as the subbies are a critical part of all clubs that want any sort of future.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Mister Footy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Great work Johnny - had my money on NPG but for Johnny to win back to back with the amount of tagging he gets week in week out is a credit to him - good bloke too
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Don't tarnish the lads achievement by giving him your thumbs up as a "good bloke".

As I understand it, your criteria for a good bloke is they wear Black and Gold while playing and play the majority of their games in the vicinity of Taylors Rd.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby afc9798 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:Don't tarnish the lads achievement by giving him your thumbs up as a "good bloke".

As I understand it, your criteria for a good bloke is they wear Black and Gold while playing and play the majority of their games in the vicinity of Taylors Rd.

Yes it's highly unusual for a follower of a club to have a bias and to also think that the people they mingle with and who they watch develop are good blokes. What was Mister Footy thinking? :roll: So calling Jonny a good bloke has now tarnished his back to back medals. Yep I get that logic. And for he record, he is a great bloke who has not a hint of arrogance about him and I'm sure his opponents would back that up.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:00 pm

afc9798 wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:Don't tarnish the lads achievement by giving him your thumbs up as a "good bloke".

Yes it's highly unusual for a follower of a club to have a bias and to also think that the people they mingle with and who they watch develop are good blokes. What was Mister Footy thinking? :roll: So calling Jonny a good bloke has now tarnished his back to back medals. Yep I get that logic. And for he record, he is a great bloke who has not a hint of arrogance about him and I'm sure his opponents would back that up.

Not surprising that you would jump in to defend him. More of a comment on Mister Footy's credibility in regards to judging a "good bloke" than on Johnny being a good bloke.

For the record though their are many good blokes from Valley but their are also some ******* **** who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. This goes for all clubs including my own. Obviously you put aside differences for the good of your club but doesn't mean you go bleating to all and sundry how everyone at your club is a good bloke.

All it goes to show is that you are blind to the truth or incredibly naive.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby kickittome » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Congrats to Johnny eagleton on back to back mail medals. I can back other posters comments he is a very humble kind & caring bloke, who prepares himself very professionally for a kick each Saturday. Has brilliant skills & I'm sure with a bit more size to his small frame he could have made it in the afl like his older brother. He gave strath a few great years service winning a flag & 3 b&f's & his last few years back at the valley have been even more successful.
kickittome
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:05 am

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
afc9798 wrote:

Not surprising that you would jump in to defend him. More of a comment on Mister Footy's credibility in regards to judging a "good bloke" than on Johnny being a good bloke.

For the record though their are many good blokes from Valley but their are also some ******* **** who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. This goes for all clubs including my own. Obviously you put aside differences for the good of your club but doesn't mean you go bleating to all and sundry how everyone at your club is a good bloke.

All it goes to show is that you are blind to the truth or incredibly naive.

ZC For the Record..... there are many "good blokes" at HV - there are also a couple of average ones too and one or two that I dont even rate that highly. Johnny Eags is a great bloke and well deserving of this individual recognition. I reckon he would give it back to play with his mates on Saturday though - just the type of "good bloke" he is

Here's to you Johnny =D>
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL