A grade coaching vacancies 2015

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Postby jet-airport » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Its that time of the year that some clubs through ought all leagues start the cogs turning for the next season. Any retirements, moving on, no longer required been raised as yet? :)
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:23 pm

As a Happy Valley person does this thread mean there is movement afoot at Taylor's Road?
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:51 am

Will be very interesting to see if the current coach is reappointed during the year as he has been last few years
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby jet-airport » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Down the Hill wrote:As a Happy Valley person does this thread mean there is movement afoot at Taylor's Road?

Not that I know of DTH, more of a thread for opportunities next year that people may know of.
jet-airport
Rookie

Postby zooman07 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Dent out Coleman in is gathering momentum.. Npg and Gordon back with a few lofty boys..
zooman07

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 am

I don't know about Coleman replacing Dent in 2015 - that may happen one day but can't see it happening next year
If the position was advertised I am sure it would attract a lot of interest. Last couple of years most teams make finals and a lot finishing top 4
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Keyser Soze » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Down the Hill wrote:As a Happy Valley person does this thread mean there is movement afoot at Taylor's Road?

I'd say Brighton coach was breathing a sigh of relief on Saturday. Smashed by shoes on past players day, drew with Hackham, and nearly beaten by CB. Last coach won a flag and didnt last longer than 2 years?

Dont think there will be many changes other than Aldinga. Porter at towns and Dent at HV probably under most pressure.
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby HardenUp » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Towns would be under more pressure to keep the doors open past this season
HardenUp

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:20 pm

I hear that HV A grade coaching position will probably be advertised but not until end of year out of respect to Dent. Reason given by my source is those at the top think time is right after 4 years
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby Keyser Soze » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:14 am

Earl to leave Cove at seasons end?
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby jet-airport » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Earl to leave Cove at seasons end?

How long's the big fella been there? ... 2 years?
Any reason why Keyser?
jet-airport
Rookie

Postby Turbo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:42 pm

jet-airport wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:Earl to leave Cove at seasons end?

How long's the big fella been there? ... 2 years?
Any reason why Keyser?

1st year of a 2 year deal
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:52 am

The idea of Dent not going on next year seems to be gaining ground with one current coach talking himself up as a potential replacement after a few beers at Christies on the weekend.
I hear views amongst playing group seems to be that they like Dent but 4 years is long enough to hear the same message.
Will be interesting to see which way the club goes with this. Personally I think we have alot of players with probably only a couple of years left and alot of juniors coming through and would be good to see the next coach be across the whole club rather than just A grade but dont know if that should be 2015 or 2016. Is 5 years too long with one coach?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby the wonder elephant » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 am

Mister Footy wrote:The idea of Dent not going on next year seems to be gaining ground with one current coach talking himself up as a potential replacement after a few beers at Christies on the weekend.
I hear views amongst playing group seems to be that they like Dent but 4 years is long enough to hear the same message.
Will be interesting to see which way the club goes with this. Personally I think we have alot of players with probably only a couple of years left and alot of juniors coming through and would be good to see the next coach be across the whole club rather than just A grade but dont know if that should be 2015 or 2016. Is 5 years too long with one coach?

Benny coleman having a few was he :) might get a few of the lofty boys back :0
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Mister Footy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:25 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:The idea of Dent not going on next year seems to be gaining ground with one current coach talking himself up as a potential replacement after a few beers at Christies on the weekend.

Pretty sure BC was coaching MV against Brighton. Its a fairy story getting him back to the club and if it brought back NPG then thats even better. Cant see BC moving from coaching MV in 2014 to HV in 2015 - would be different if they werent in same league
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby the wonder elephant » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 am

Mister Footy wrote:

Pretty sure BC was coaching MV against Brighton. Its a fairy story getting him back to the club and if it brought back NPG then thats even better. Cant see BC moving from coaching MV in 2014 to HV in 2015 - would be different if they werent in same league

Been hearing Denty to pongy in the gsfl !
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Mister Footy wrote:

Been hearing Denty to pongy in the gsfl !

Really? Heard a whisper on weekend from a couple of blokes that all positions will be advertised and Dent aware. Wonder if he has told club he is not going on or if he made a move after hearing his job is being advertised.

Club cant be pinning their hopes all on Coleman - hope they have others in mind. Anyone aware of any potential coaches sniffing around for jobs?

Interesting timeframe all this happening when team is flying and right before finals
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Keep hearing the name Trevor Potts. On Happy Valley wishlist?
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby afc9798 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Keep hearing the name Trevor Potts. On Happy Valley wishlist?

I don't think the wishlist contains anything other than hoping for a very strong finals campaign across the grades.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:51 pm

afc9798 wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:Keep hearing the name Trevor Potts. On Happy Valley wishlist?

I don't think the wishlist contains anything other than hoping for a very strong finals campaign across the grades.

Nice politically correct answer there AFC but I am sure everyone at HV has a strong A grade coach for 2015 on their wishlist. Finals no doubt the short term focus but there is a long term focus as well.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL