A grade coaching vacancies 2015

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Postby King » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Mister Footy wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:Alot of focus on the Happy Valley position but can anyone tell me if any other clubs are looking to change A grade coach next season?

I'd be keen to know answer to this one too. Which clubs have stitched up their A grade coaches, who is looking and who do you reckon should look?

MF, any chance of a Steve Wallace return to HV?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Tiger83 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 am

King wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:Alot of focus on the Happy Valley position but can anyone tell me if any other clubs are looking to change A grade coach next season?

I'd be keen to know answer to this one too. Which clubs have stitched up their A grade coaches, who is looking and who do you reckon should look?

Saw him at the GF yesterday, still has a good relationship with some players so i wouldnt rule himout. He will apply for sure i would think.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Mister Footy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:35 am

Tiger83 wrote:
King wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:

Saw him at the GF yesterday, still has a good relationship with some players so i wouldnt rule himout. He will apply for sure i would think.

Cant see him returning next year - think he is still tied up at Onkas. Reckon he would be welcomed back
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Down the Hill » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 am

Paul Whaley has been re-appointed at Brighton.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby jet-airport » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:00 pm

On gf day all the talk was JC for valley AGrade job, current coach of the year for 2013 and has the current u/18's respect and support on a development level. I hear many other clubs are also approaching him, interesting to see what direction he goes. IS HVFC club in a position where perhaps they need to make a decision based on the future of the footy club hence the "development club coach role" advertised?? why wouldn't they look at a coach in there own backyard and not a bigname coach as previously chased ??
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Leo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Leo wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:
Leo wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:Good luck to CLG and Dent.

With him confirmed as gone gonna be interesting to see who replaces him. Not buying the BC rumour now - MV should be locking him away tight after getting them to a prelim final.

Anyone want to pick the frontrunners? Strong club with lots talent coming through - undefeated 18s, B grade in GF. Club coach role should get plenty of attention

If the grapevine is correct, if this hasn't already been done, then it is extremely close to it. Have no doubt BC would love to continue what he has started and hopefully get to the big dance next year. Already some "Mad Monday" murmers of some quality returning to Wheatsheaf Rd next year.

Leo I wouldnt accept this as a done deal just yet. There are alot of people close to BC that are in favour of him returning to his home club. I believe the true discussions will start soon as HV have been waiting for him to finish his finals campaign.
Club not putting all their eggs in one basket though - notice they got their ad out there early. MF is right - HV is a strong club and I am sure there will be alot of interest.

Yep, I could imagine he is held in high regard at Valley, so they would be keen to have a chat at the very least. Just what ive heard (through a mate of a mate of a mate) is that he had already told the club he wanted to go again and that the players were also keen for him to continue. So unless there is something we don't know about, I would be very surprised if he left just yet.

Im led to believe that the grapevine was indeed working, and that Happy Valley can now cross BC off the list of possible candidates. If true, then in my opinion its a great result for the Emus. Already excited about what next year could bring.
Leo
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

O'Sullivan Beach / Lonsdale Lions seeks Coaches

Postby Courtney Fish » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:29 am

The O'Sullivan Beach / Lonsdale Football Club invites applicants for coaches for all Grades for the 2015 season.

Please see the following Attachment for details.
Attachments
OSB Lonsdale Lions Requires Coach.pdf
(258.49 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:04 am

jet-airport wrote:On gf day all the talk was JC for valley AGrade job, current coach of the year for 2013 and has the current u/18's respect and support on a development level. I hear many other clubs are also approaching him, interesting to see what direction he goes. IS HVFC club in a position where perhaps they need to make a decision based on the future of the footy club hence the "development club coach role" advertised?? why wouldn't they look at a coach in there own backyard and not a bigname coach as previously chased ??

Mate this would drive you Potty :D
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby jet-airport » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 pm

shoe boy wrote:
jet-airport wrote:On gf day all the talk was JC for valley AGrade job, current coach of the year for 2013 and has the current u/18's respect and support on a development level. I hear many other clubs are also approaching him, interesting to see what direction he goes. IS HVFC club in a position where perhaps they need to make a decision based on the future of the footy club hence the "development club coach role" advertised?? why wouldn't they look at a coach in there own backyard and not a bigname coach as previously chased ??

Potty :D .......Shoey .... is it an 80 m barrel from the boundary yet?? Mitts must be going round again now??
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby shoe boy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:17 am

jet-airport wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Potty :D .......Shoey .... is it an 80 m barrel from the boundary yet?? Mitts must be going round again now??

Yes Trevor will continue
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Snaparazzi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:45 am

shoe boy wrote:

You mean "drive you Pottsy", that would be an interesting situation, not sure Valley culture could handle the great man?
Snaparazzi
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Snaparazzi wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

You mean "drive you Pottsy", that would be an interesting situation, not sure Valley culture could handle the great man?

What's he like at selling raffle tickets or calling ambulances?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mister Footy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Mate don't know where you are getting this from - did not here any talk of him getting that gig
Reckon if you asked him why he would know too
Has some coaching ability but not at that standard from my view. Areas he needs to work on to get to that level

Only talk I heard was about BC - anyone got any updates here?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Snaparazzi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:46 pm

The strong mail is Trevor Potts.
Snaparazzi
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Tiger83 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:42 am

Snaparazzi wrote:The strong mail is Trevor Potts.

Surely that would be a step backwards??? If he is the best candidate available then fair enough I guess, but isn't a younger coach with more modern ideas, game plans etc a better fit for a developing side??? I notice that Chris Hall Ex Hackham/Sth Adel/Port hasn't been reappointed at Mannum, has won a premiership there I think, maybe he is an option??? who else is available?
Tiger83
Under 18s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:19 am

Tiger83 wrote:

Surely that would be a step backwards??? If he is the best candidate available then fair enough I guess, but isn't a younger coach with more modern ideas, game plans etc a better fit for a developing side??? I notice that Chris Hall Ex Hackham/Sth Adel/Port hasn't been reappointed at Mannum, has won a premiership there I think, maybe he is an option??? who else is available?

Step backwards?

Not sure there would be any more credentialed. Has achieved success a numerous clubs, not just a one-off.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Tiger83 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:54 pm

correct I suppose, perhaps a step sideways is more valid. I just think a younger coach may be the one to take the club forward. less experienced perhaps but someone who is tune with the modern game.. I am just assuming of course that Potts isn't, and I may be mistaken. I seem to see these days that the younger generation seem to engage more with a `younger` coach E.G. Coleman.. Maybe Sanderson could give it a crack??
Tiger83
Under 18s

Postby P.B » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Tiger83 wrote:

Hally is weighing up his future at Mannum given he has a young family. He would be taken back in a heartbeat and we remain hopeful he stays.
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Straight Line » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Could Hally be heading back to Hackham as a playing coach? Seeing they are looking.
Straight Line
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Luke15 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Straight Line wrote:Could Hally be heading back to Hackham as a playing coach? Seeing they are looking.

My VERY strong mail is that Ty Allen will be the playing coach at Hackham next year...
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL