coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

Postby oneuponedown » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:38 pm

2016 New coaching appointments is on the radar for some clubs already and some clubs in finals series will say goodbye to blokes at the helm in the coming weeks....

Any reports, news, I know a bloke, a good source from the pub told me, someone entrenched in club told me, girlfriends sister mate used to know him and said .....etc etc etc style rumors about at the moment???

Christies -must be pretty close to a replacement would of thought - Junior South coach returning to the fold???
Valleys- going through the process currently- pretty quiet to be honest... hopefully do a better job than 2015 effort :oops: #-o :toimonster:
Cove- sniffing around the league from all reports.

Shoe, Townys, Portys, Aldinga, Marion any rumblings.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Re: coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Barry Pilmore coming back home.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby oldman » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Ken McGregor to coach HV
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Front & Centre » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:52 pm

Have heard strong rumours about Pilmore to Shoes but also linked to HV with family connection there
Wallace being courted by players and officials to stay on - has done a great job taking club from where it was but personally don't think anyone should have to be talked into coaching
Other well known names in SFL have applied and process will be interesting
Front & Centre
Rookie

Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby godra » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:40 am

oneuponedown wrote:2016 New coaching appointments is on the radar for some clubs already and some clubs in finals series will say goodbye to blokes at the helm in the coming weeks....

Any reports, news, I know a bloke, a good source from the pub told me, someone entrenched in club told me, girlfriends sister mate used to know him and said .....etc etc etc style rumors about at the moment???

Christies -must be pretty close to a replacement would of thought - Junior South coach returning to the fold???
Valleys- going through the process currently- pretty quiet to be honest... hopefully do a better job than 2015 effort :oops: #-o :toimonster:
Cove- sniffing around the league from all reports.

Shoe, Townys, Portys, Aldinga, Marion any rumblings.

Was this Junior South coach involved in the seniors this year as an assistant coach for the reserves?
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby oneuponedown » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:59 am

Front & Centre wrote:Have heard strong rumours about Pilmore to Shoes but also linked to HV with family connection there
Wallace being courted by players and officials to stay on - has done a great job taking club from where it was but personally don't think anyone should have to be talked into coaching

Pilmore on the panel for selecting new Shoe coach is the rumour. Shoe boy may be able to confirm this. Have heard the whispers of Pilmore at the valley but not sure he's looking to coach next year.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Postby Luke15 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:37 am

So my mail on the SHoe is that Obviously Barry Pilmore is number 1 choice and so he should be. But if baz does not wish to coach again they have already courted and by reports have been for a few years Sam Mahony to replace Mitts. Mahony wants to return to SFL and works with our infamous mate Shoeboy.

Have also heard Mahony is interested in Cove job as well.

Is this so-called replacement for Paul Crate a certain someone who has coached A grade before at McLaren Vale?? Whoever Christies choose has massive shoes to fill and hopefully they continue the great work done by Cratey. Not much has been mentioned about Christies finishing 6th with the amount of injuries they had.
Luke15
Rookie

Been liked: 18 times

Postby oneuponedown » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:49 pm

oneuponedown wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:Have heard strong rumours about Pilmore to Shoes but also linked to HV with family connection there

Pilmore on the panel for selecting new Shoe coach is the rumour. Shoe boy may be able to confirm this. Have heard the whispers of Pilmore at the valley but not sure he's looking to coach next year.

The return of the Hyphen for the Valley is gathering momentum with a role of Playing /coach 2016. :shock:
Man that would be a good get, couple of his good mates may come back too ....

One way around the playing cap I would imagine- coach and marquee player wage??
oneuponedown
Rookie

Postby banterfordays » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:34 pm

oneuponedown wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:

The return of the Hyphen for the Valley is gathering momentum with a role of Playing /coach 2016. :shock:
Man that would be a good get, couple of his good mates may come back too ....

One way around the playing cap I would imagine- coach and marquee player wage??

playing coach is deemed an automatic $300 out of the player payment salary cap. But there is no stating how much you can pay him in total
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby words of wisdom » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Luke15 wrote:So my mail on the SHoe is that Obviously Barry Pilmore is number 1 choice and so he should be. But if baz does not wish to coach again they have already courted and by reports have been for a few years Sam Mahony to replace Mitts. Mahony wants to return to SFL and works with our infamous mate Shoeboy.

Is this so-called replacement for Paul Crate a certain someone who has coached A grade before at McLaren Vale?? Whoever Christies choose has massive shoes to fill and hopefully they continue the great work done by Cratey. Not much has been mentioned about Christies finishing 6th with the amount of injuries they had.

Mahony has several clubs chasing his services.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:57 pm

As per the main Coaching Vacancies thread:

Look Good In Leather wrote:The Christies Beach Football Club is seeking applications for the position of Club Coach for season 2016.

Please contact Barry Head on 0447 500 070 or wenbarr@bigpond.com for any further information or to apply.

Applications close Friday 11th September 2015.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby beer tent » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:48 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:Barry Pilmore coming back home.

I also heard this and bringing his band from willunga one a ex coach of the shoe the other a winefly coach :shock: Hmmm interesting times at the bend in the river!
Over to you shoelace or Mungbean ;)
beer tent

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 pm

beer tent wrote:

I also heard this and bringing his band from willunga one a ex coach of the shoe the other a winefly coach :shock: Hmmm interesting times at the bend in the river!

When isn't it an interesting time at the Shoe!!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby King » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:As per the main Coaching Vacancies thread:

Look Good In Leather wrote:The Christies Beach Football Club is seeking applications for the position of Club Coach for season 2016.

Please contact Barry Head on 0447 500 070 or wenbarr@bigpond.com for any further information or to apply.

LGIL, with most leagues still in finals mode, a close date of 11/9 appears very early?
King
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:54 am

beer tent wrote:

The Club has finished business in 2015 with 14/16/B and A grade playing finals and I am certain that the coaching position is on track and will be announced in due time.

Or as Tony and Team Australia put it "I will not comment on operational matters" :)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Animus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:52 am

King wrote:

LGIL, with most leagues still in finals mode, a close date of 11/9 appears very early?

Unless you have already got the new coach locked in ;)
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Off The Wall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Animus wrote:
King wrote:

Unless you have already got the new coach locked in ;)

Darren Mason
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Constitution is likely to require the need to advertise but you are probably on the money OTW.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Constitution is likely to require the need to advertise but you are probably on the money OTW.

That was removed from our constitution 15 years ago
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Panther32 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:29 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
Luke15 wrote:So my mail on the SHoe is that Obviously Barry Pilmore is number 1 choice and so he should be. But if baz does not wish to coach again they have already courted and by reports have been for a few years Sam Mahony to replace Mitts. Mahony wants to return to SFL and works with our infamous mate Shoeboy.

Mahony has several clubs chasing his services.

Would almost make sense that Sam would look at the Cove job with a few ex-Cove players on his payroll, would then be able to bring back 3 players all 0 points!
Smart from Cove's point of view to do what they have to get him in that roll!!!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL