Brighton FC

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby Specky McGee » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:18 pm

scottroo wrote:
considering hes not getting paid thats a big statement to make

Thats not what ive been told. Must be a private sponsor. Isnt that right Scottroo?
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby scottroo » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:21 pm

care to disclose your source?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby RRR » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:48 pm

Redandblack00 wrote:
RRR wrote:
barbs wrote:In a nutshell he was not reappointed at PHOS.

heard it was out of damien minervinni and francis for the brighton job. Reckon name
got Francis the job cause I've heard from the PHOS boys Minners was a much better coach.

Minners is a very good coach. I've got 2 mates out there who love him and really gives the club a good feel and really backs players in.

he is very highly regarded at SHOCs. Great bloke, knows his footy, and is very stiff not to be an A grade coach somewhere.
RRR
Rookie

Postby Specky McGee » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:49 pm

Its ok Scottroo, most clubs pay players, even those in a dirt div 7 competition
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Postby jake the snake » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:13 pm

visser is a very handy player, worth $$$ IMO
Last edited by jake the snake on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby jake the snake » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:15 pm

visser is a handy player, worth abit of $$$ IMO
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby mark shadiac » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:50 pm

Barbara wrote:
THE BOSS wrote:Heard during the 2006 season from a PHOS member that the player's did rate Francis as a coach at all, thought he was a big tosser and there A Grade were thinking of forfeiting a game last year.
The committee had to talk the player's into playing.

Personally if the $18,000 figure is correct and with the above story, he wouldn't be coaching at my club.

Many reasons why he wasn't reappointed at PHOS that has been covered in other threads. Were a few disgruntled senior players but there was no threats of a forfeit or committee intervention to appease the masses.

I only write what i hear and that tony francis was a ver good coach. Problem is he just gets to passionte about the whole game and forgets what he is doing. I heard at kilburn he was so much better than Peach, who was very average. I actually think he was better than PHOS, and why he got the sack. Very inbread club. ( weaird club, with weird thoughts)
He will do great at brighton with his knowledge and game plan !
mark shadiac

Postby barbs » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:41 am

Interesting comment considering Kilburn sacked Francis half way through a season.
barbs
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Barbara » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:13 pm

mark shadiac wrote:
Barbara wrote:
THE BOSS wrote:Heard during the 2006 season from a PHOS member that the player's did rate Francis as a coach at all, thought he was a big tosser and there A Grade were thinking of forfeiting a game last year.

Personally if the $18,000 figure is correct and with the above story, he wouldn't be coaching at my club.

Many reasons why he wasn't reappointed at PHOS that has been covered in other threads. Were a few disgruntled senior players but there was no threats of a forfeit or committee intervention to appease the masses.

I only write what i hear and that tony francis was a ver good coach. Problem is he just gets to passionte about the whole game and forgets what he is doing. I heard at kilburn he was so much better than Peach, who was very average. I actually think he was better than PHOS, and why he got the sack. Very inbread club. ( weaird club, with weird thoughts)

He got sacked because he was unable to fulfill the requirements of his job. Passionate I agree. But when you get so caught up in the game watching the contest and arguing with opposition players and supporters he is as useful as everyone else standing around the fence. Another reason he is no longer a phantom was that there was no evidence of a game plan. As for the inbread club comment you are obviously a F@*K WIT!
Barbara
Rookie

Postby mark shadiac » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:18 pm

barbs wrote:Interesting comment considering Kilburn sacked Francis half way through a season.

INCORRECT.......Peach sacked francis...............Not Kilburn !
mark shadiac

Postby mark shadiac » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:21 pm

Barbara wrote:
mark shadiac wrote:
Barbara wrote:

He got sacked because he was unable to fulfill the requirements of his job. Passionate I agree. But when you get so caught up in the game watching the contest and arguing with opposition players and supporters he is as useful as everyone else standing around the fence. Another reason he is no longer a phantom was that there was no evidence of a game plan. As for the inbread club comment you are obviously a F@*K WIT!

for someone to finish 3rd or 4th without a game plan is pretty impressive. How far could he go if he found one. Bit touchy about the inbread comment, or did i hit a nerve !! Maybe that is why peach could not succed at kilburn or west adelaide because he didnt have his inbread mates along side him.
mark shadiac

Postby barbs » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:42 pm

mark shadiac wrote:
barbs wrote:Interesting comment considering Kilburn sacked Francis half way through a season.

INCORRECT.......Peach sacked francis...............Not Kilburn !

You might want to check your facts. Kilburn sacked him as they were not happy he wasn't playing.
barbs
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby FootyMad » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:46 pm

So if Im correct Sudjai Cook and Tony Franics to Brighton? Someone on here talking cook up so much that they reckon he go alright back in the SANFL? No way - he's a dirty little sniper! Quality country or ammo surely though.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby bandar » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:54 pm

Cook is at Broadview.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby FootyMad » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:57 pm

bandar wrote:Cook is at Broadview.

Correct, just had a mate tell me they are (broadies) advertising stating they are desparate for players or something. Who has broadies head coaching pozzy?
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Specky McGee » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:23 pm

I believe its Tony Burgess. Coached Westies juniors for many years.
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Postby ronburgandy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:27 pm

cook played div 1 hills and couldn't get a kick and when he did he would tel his team mates how good it was!
ronburgandy
Under 16s

Postby Barbara » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:41 am

mark shadiac wrote:
Barbara wrote:
mark shadiac wrote:
Barbara wrote:

for someone to finish 3rd or 4th without a game plan is pretty impressive. How far could he go if he found one. Bit touchy about the inbread comment, or did i hit a nerve !! Maybe that is why peach could not succed at kilburn or west adelaide because he didnt have his inbread mates along side him.

It was the quality of the playing group that got them a kick from a grand final berth. Something that neither Kilburn or West Adelaide have.
Barbara
Rookie

Postby Jayne » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:54 pm

Specky McGee wrote:I believe its Tony Burgess. Coached Westies juniors for many years.

Correct also coached Glenelg's 2's from 2003>2005 including a care-taker role with GFC league side after Simmons was sacked mid-season; reportedly good bloke but just ok coach??????
Jayne
Rookie

Re: Brighton FC

Postby spanner » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:31 pm

On Saturday the 2nd of April the Brighton Football Club lost a life member.
Marcus Crawford passed away after a year long battle with leukemia.
He will be sorely missed by the club and the players.
R.I.P mate and thanks for all you have done for me and my family
As they say only the good die young
spanner
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL