Brighton FC

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Brighton FC

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Down the Hill wrote:You can put an end to the thread guys. The Brighton Bombers have formally advised the SFL that they will be affiliated with the SFL in 2013.

And also to clear up an earlier comment. The Metor South and Metro West Junior Leagues will not be merging, which I believe also means that the combined Under 16 comp between those leagues that has occurred in 2012 will also no longer continue.

My undertstanding is that the Metro West clubs had voted for the merge but the Metro South clubs voted against.


Metro South clubs havent voted for anything yet.
Sturt Premiers 18s, Reserves & League 2017
#sturtfactory2017
User avatar
Bluedemon
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3629
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Goodwood
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Brighton FC

Postby lutz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:51 pm

What is going on down at Brighton? I understand they have lost a few from last years side, but I watched them play Port District on Saturday, and they were woeful, losing by more than 20 goals. I understand it's just a trial, but not good signs for them. Very poor effort against a Port District side who have also lost a lot from last year, and fielded a very young side.
User avatar
lutz
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm
Location: Draper Train Station
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Brighton FC

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Just a trial Lutz and we ran Salisbury North to less than 4 goals the week before. Due to a wedding and a few other unavailables we only had about 36 to 38 lads who could make the trip to Port Dist and ended up having about 8 to 10 of them who played the B grade come up and help out with the numbers for the A grade. Not ideal but can often happen in March trial time. Would rather a bloke get married in March than do it in the footy season proper. We won the B grade trial quite comfortably so highlights good depth but with some quality absent and several blokes running on their knees in 2nd half of A grade it made it tough.
User avatar
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 3:36 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 190 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: Brighton FC

Postby lutz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Yea I was actually surprised by the result in the reserves, I was expecting Districts to get up there.
I thought that there may have been a wedding on or something similar, but was not sure.
So you are not worried Down the Hill? How many would you expect to come back in to your full strength line up?
User avatar
lutz
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm
Location: Draper Train Station
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Brighton FC

Postby MZ » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 pm

12-14 of best 22 out.
MZ
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Brighton FC

Postby an eagle for me » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:47 pm

We had a big ruckman playing in a trial for us on the weekend - Jack Jennings?

I only saw the second half so didn't get to watch much of him but pretty sure he's from Brighton. Thoughts?
an eagle for me
Member
 
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Brighton FC

Postby Panther32 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 am

an eagle for me wrote:We had a big ruckman playing in a trial for us on the weekend - Jack Jennings?

I only saw the second half so didn't get to watch much of him but pretty sure he's from Brighton. Thoughts?

Yeah played B grade for a Brighton a few years ago.
Extremely athletic and strong but very raw. Can't kick to save himself! (He's a good mate so I can get away with saying that!)
With the right coach or teacher could actually be a very good ruckman.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
User avatar
Panther32
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:06 pm
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: Brighton FC

Postby an eagle for me » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Panther32 wrote:
an eagle for me wrote:We had a big ruckman playing in a trial for us on the weekend - Jack Jennings?

I only saw the second half so didn't get to watch much of him but pretty sure he's from Brighton. Thoughts?

Yeah played B grade for a Brighton a few years ago.
Extremely athletic and strong but very raw. Can't kick to save himself! (He's a good mate so I can get away with saying that!)
With the right coach or teacher could actually be a very good ruckman.


His skills weren't that sharp and he ball watched a bit.

Fortunately good coaching fixes that, you can't coach a guy to be his size so hope he goes alright.
an eagle for me
Member
 
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Brighton FC

Postby Panther32 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:51 pm

an eagle for me wrote:
Panther32 wrote:
an eagle for me wrote:We had a big ruckman playing in a trial for us on the weekend - Jack Jennings?

I only saw the second half so didn't get to watch much of him but pretty sure he's from Brighton. Thoughts?

Yeah played B grade for a Brighton a few years ago.
Extremely athletic and strong but very raw. Can't kick to save himself! (He's a good mate so I can get away with saying that!)
With the right coach or teacher could actually be a very good ruckman.


His skills weren't that sharp and he ball watched a bit.

Fortunately good coaching fixes that, you can't coach a guy to be his size so hope he goes alright.

He's a basketballer and has only played a few games so it will take him time to get in the right spots.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
User avatar
Panther32
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:06 pm
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: Brighton FC

Postby an eagle for me » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Fingers crossed he does.
an eagle for me
Member
 
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Brighton FC

Postby bigbadkenny » Mon May 27, 2013 8:37 am

how is whales as a coach? what I no of him he seems to be a great bloke
User avatar
bigbadkenny
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:35 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mannum

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests