Aldinga Sharks Forum

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Aldinga are always going to struggle when a powerhouse club like Willunga is only a pushbike ride away.

Very similar to Morphettvale and Hackham.

LGIL....Aldinga are being pro-active in their plight, they arent just going to fold. Just like a proud club should. You should stop waffling on about it, because i know if it was your club going through this struggle you would be right behind it.
tigerpie
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby Animus » Thu May 22, 2014 5:23 pm

I don't agree with the 'Willunga being just down the road' scenario as being an issue.

If over the years, Aldinga had created a healthy environment/culture that the locals could be proud to be a part of, things would be different now. Massive uphill battle to change the perception of the club but with the right attitude, people & standards it can hopefully be done.
Animus
Under 16s
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu May 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Animus wrote:I don't agree with the 'Willunga being just down the road' scenario as being an issue.

If over the years, Aldinga had created a healthy environment/culture that the locals could be proud to be a part of, things would be different now. Massive uphill battle to change the perception of the club but with the right attitude, people & standards it can hopefully be done.


I still hear the reference from time to time by people in the area as Aldinga being the Willunga Thirds. Right or wrong, it is a perception of some.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
User avatar
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:48 pm
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Animus wrote:I don't agree with the 'Willunga being just down the road' scenario as being an issue.

If over the years, Aldinga had created a healthy environment/culture that the locals could be proud to be a part of, things would be different now. Massive uphill battle to change the perception of the club but with the right attitude, people & standards it can hopefully be done.


I still hear the reference from time to time by people in the area as Aldinga being the Willunga Thirds. Right or wrong, it is a perception of some.


EV that was my whole argument, perception is everything. The perception at the moment is that they are a club on their deathbed, this is not the case. Problem is that is how it is being played out in the media, as a result Willunga is a much more attractive option at the moment - this needs to change. The media bleating on about how bad they are is only making it worse.

I think there is a perception that I am anti-Aldinga, that is certainly not the case, but a few people responding to my discussion are creating that perception for the casual reader.
User avatar
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 271 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby heater31 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Think Crawford sticking his hand up to play is a minor issue. The main aim is to impart some of his knowledge of playing at the highest level to the current playing group. No doubt he will address each team along the way. It's about giving them belief that they are not as shit as some of the score lines are displaying....
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15522
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 1096 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby norwood8 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Not that I'm around the club on seniors nights much anymore, but I would guess there might be the biggest turnout on the track for years down at Lonny tonight. This is surely a positive and hopefully we can retain a couple of those who come out the woodwork tonight. Even if we can keep some of these players for the rest of the season, we would then be in a better situation than before 'Crawford' came to town.
User avatar
norwood8
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:22 am
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 88 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby happilyretired » Thu May 22, 2014 7:56 pm

I am working over in Victoria at the moment so haven't been up to date with everything. But this is getting massive exposure over here too. The Aldinga Hotel is getting huge advertisement emblazoned across the stripe on the sharks guernsey.

I was thinking though don't Aldinga pay big money for their players? They would be making a killing out of this and for what? To buy players that are average?

Maybe just research how good a player is rather than throwing a fistful of cash their way?

The same thing has been said on Melbourne drive show radio
happilyretired
Rookie
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:13 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 22, 2014 8:49 pm

tigerpie wrote:Aldinga are always going to struggle when a powerhouse club like Willunga is only a pushbike ride away.

Very similar to Morphettvale and Hackham.

.


Poor analogy as there are plenty of kids down there for WIllunga and Aldinga to be successful.

Shoes/Porties then Valleys/Flaggy/Reynella are all close together but hasn;t affected any of them, amazing what hard work can do, easy cop out to blame a neighbouring club
FLAGStaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 38814
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1157 times
Been liked: 1921 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby helicopterking » Thu May 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Holy shit, did anyone just see that. That's seriously embarrassing.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5471
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 638 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby carey » Thu May 22, 2014 10:55 pm

helicopterking wrote:Holy shit, did anyone just see that. That's seriously embarrassing.


I liked it lol :lol:

Wish I was down there.

Excuse my ignorance but have Lonsdale won a game? I'm guessing they haven't and Aldinga might've won anyone but if they do now Crawford will be deemed the hero?

Good for the club never the less.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19908
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2429 times
Been liked: 2549 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby helicopterking » Thu May 22, 2014 11:13 pm

carey wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Holy shit, did anyone just see that. That's seriously embarrassing.


I liked it lol :lol:

Wish I was down there.

Excuse my ignorance but have Lonsdale won a game? I'm guessing they haven't and Aldinga might've won anyone but if they do now Crawford will be deemed the hero?

Good for the club never the less.


Wasn't sure if it was The Footy Show or Bogan Hunters.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5471
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 638 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby Down the Hill » Fri May 23, 2014 1:13 am

The umpiring fraternity aren't missing out on the fun of the fair either. The A grade field umpires are a father - son combination and the three younger sons are running the boundary.
User avatar
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 3:36 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 190 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby qwerty » Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

So what happens when Aldinga beat OSBLonsdale on the weekend? Are the footy show then going to help out OSB/Lonsdale. I hope Lonsdale get up on the weekend, a club that has struggled a lot in recent years but hasn't sought out this type of attention. Be interesting to see how this ends up after the media circus leaves town and they play Reynella the week after and then 6-8 weeks later.
qwerty
Under 16s
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:08 am

qwerty wrote:So what happens when Aldinga beat OSBLonsdale on the weekend? Are the footy show then going to help out OSB/Lonsdale. I hope Lonsdale get up on the weekend, a club that has struggled a lot in recent years but hasn't sought out this type of attention. Be interesting to see how this ends up after the media circus leaves town and they play Reynella the week after and then 6-8 weeks later.

did aldinga sort this out or were they approached??? Either way the club would be happy with the outcome $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15883
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2743 times
Been liked: 2102 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 23, 2014 9:14 am

Called into Shark Park on the way home last night and have never seen so many on the track or in the club.

But am sorry but agree with most this is ALL about the footy show and nil about Aldinga.
User avatar
shoe boy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:58 pm
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 174 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby RFC 2010 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 am

Congrats to all involved in the Footy Show live cross last night. What should have been a brilliant opportunity to promote your club turned into a bloody shambles. You embarrassed not only your club but the entire SFL. How the hell do you expect people to take your club and our competition seriously when you act like that?

I hope you can at least get Saturday right and that something positive comes out of this fiasco
RFC 2010
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby tigerpie » Fri May 23, 2014 11:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Aldinga are always going to struggle when a powerhouse club like Willunga is only a pushbike ride away.

Very similar to Morphettvale and Hackham.

.


Poor analogy as there are plenty of kids down there for WIllunga and Aldinga to be successful.

Shoes/Porties then Valleys/Flaggy/Reynella are all close together but hasn;t affected any of them, amazing what hard work can do, easy cop out to blame a neighbouring club


Its a fact..... but not the only reason Aldinga are crap.
tigerpie
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:42 am

RFC 2010 wrote:Congrats to all involved in the Footy Show live cross last night. What should have been a brilliant opportunity to promote your club turned into a bloody shambles. You embarrassed not only your club but the entire SFL. How the hell do you expect people to take your club and our competition seriously when you act like that?

I hope you can at least get Saturday right and that something positive comes out of this fiasco

i think the concept is fantastic and good on aldinga for getting the opportunity to do this, and if i didn't have footy i'd head down for a look...

However, last night was cringe worthy...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15883
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2743 times
Been liked: 2102 times

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby Panther32 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:50 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
RFC 2010 wrote:Congrats to all involved in the Footy Show live cross last night. What should have been a brilliant opportunity to promote your club turned into a bloody shambles. You embarrassed not only your club but the entire SFL. How the hell do you expect people to take your club and our competition seriously when you act like that?

I hope you can at least get Saturday right and that something positive comes out of this fiasco

i think the concept is fantastic and good on aldinga for getting the opportunity to do this, and if i didn't have footy i'd head down for a look...

However, last night was cringe worthy...

Yeah agreed. If I was involved in that club I would've wanted the club, players and spectators to look a lot more respectable than that, especially considering they struggle to recruit or attract juniors.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
User avatar
Panther32
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:06 pm
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby carey » Fri May 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Mountain out of a mole hill. I liked it, Good on em for having a laugh and having a bit of fun

How dare they try and enjoy the moment and try and get a win :roll:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19908
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2429 times
Been liked: 2549 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests