Aldinga Sharks Forum

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby tigerpie » Thu May 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Aldinga are always going to struggle when a powerhouse club like Willunga is only a pushbike ride away.

Very similar to Morphettvale and Hackham.

LGIL....Aldinga are being pro-active in their plight, they arent just going to fold. Just like a proud club should. You should stop waffling on about it, because i know if it was your club going through this struggle you would be right behind it.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Animus » Thu May 22, 2014 5:23 pm

I don't agree with the 'Willunga being just down the road' scenario as being an issue.

If over the years, Aldinga had created a healthy environment/culture that the locals could be proud to be a part of, things would be different now. Massive uphill battle to change the perception of the club but with the right attitude, people & standards it can hopefully be done.
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu May 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Animus wrote:I don't agree with the 'Willunga being just down the road' scenario as being an issue.

If over the years, Aldinga had created a healthy environment/culture that the locals could be proud to be a part of, things would be different now. Massive uphill battle to change the perception of the club but with the right attitude, people & standards it can hopefully be done.

I still hear the reference from time to time by people in the area as Aldinga being the Willunga Thirds. Right or wrong, it is a perception of some.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
Animus wrote:I don't agree with the 'Willunga being just down the road' scenario as being an issue.

I still hear the reference from time to time by people in the area as Aldinga being the Willunga Thirds. Right or wrong, it is a perception of some.

EV that was my whole argument, perception is everything. The perception at the moment is that they are a club on their deathbed, this is not the case. Problem is that is how it is being played out in the media, as a result Willunga is a much more attractive option at the moment - this needs to change. The media bleating on about how bad they are is only making it worse.

I think there is a perception that I am anti-Aldinga, that is certainly not the case, but a few people responding to my discussion are creating that perception for the casual reader.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby heater31 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Think Crawford sticking his hand up to play is a minor issue. The main aim is to impart some of his knowledge of playing at the highest level to the current playing group. No doubt he will address each team along the way. It's about giving them belief that they are not as shit as some of the score lines are displaying....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby norwood8 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Not that I'm around the club on seniors nights much anymore, but I would guess there might be the biggest turnout on the track for years down at Lonny tonight. This is surely a positive and hopefully we can retain a couple of those who come out the woodwork tonight. Even if we can keep some of these players for the rest of the season, we would then be in a better situation than before 'Crawford' came to town.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby happilyretired » Thu May 22, 2014 7:56 pm

I am working over in Victoria at the moment so haven't been up to date with everything. But this is getting massive exposure over here too. The Aldinga Hotel is getting huge advertisement emblazoned across the stripe on the sharks guernsey.

I was thinking though don't Aldinga pay big money for their players? They would be making a killing out of this and for what? To buy players that are average?

Maybe just research how good a player is rather than throwing a fistful of cash their way?

The same thing has been said on Melbourne drive show radio
happilyretired
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 22, 2014 8:49 pm

tigerpie wrote:Aldinga are always going to struggle when a powerhouse club like Willunga is only a pushbike ride away.

Poor analogy as there are plenty of kids down there for WIllunga and Aldinga to be successful.

Shoes/Porties then Valleys/Flaggy/Reynella are all close together but hasn;t affected any of them, amazing what hard work can do, easy cop out to blame a neighbouring club
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby helicopterking » Thu May 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Holy shit, did anyone just see that. That's seriously embarrassing.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby carey » Thu May 22, 2014 10:55 pm

helicopterking wrote:Holy shit, did anyone just see that. That's seriously embarrassing.

I liked it lol :lol:

Wish I was down there.

Excuse my ignorance but have Lonsdale won a game? I'm guessing they haven't and Aldinga might've won anyone but if they do now Crawford will be deemed the hero?

Good for the club never the less.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby helicopterking » Thu May 22, 2014 11:13 pm

carey wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Holy shit, did anyone just see that. That's seriously embarrassing.

I liked it lol :lol:

Wish I was down there.

Excuse my ignorance but have Lonsdale won a game? I'm guessing they haven't and Aldinga might've won anyone but if they do now Crawford will be deemed the hero?

Good for the club never the less.

Wasn't sure if it was The Footy Show or Bogan Hunters.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri May 23, 2014 1:13 am

The umpiring fraternity aren't missing out on the fun of the fair either. The A grade field umpires are a father - son combination and the three younger sons are running the boundary.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby qwerty » Fri May 23, 2014 9:04 am

So what happens when Aldinga beat OSBLonsdale on the weekend? Are the footy show then going to help out OSB/Lonsdale. I hope Lonsdale get up on the weekend, a club that has struggled a lot in recent years but hasn't sought out this type of attention. Be interesting to see how this ends up after the media circus leaves town and they play Reynella the week after and then 6-8 weeks later.
qwerty
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:08 am

qwerty wrote:So what happens when Aldinga beat OSBLonsdale on the weekend? Are the footy show then going to help out OSB/Lonsdale. I hope Lonsdale get up on the weekend, a club that has struggled a lot in recent years but hasn't sought out this type of attention. Be interesting to see how this ends up after the media circus leaves town and they play Reynella the week after and then 6-8 weeks later.

did aldinga sort this out or were they approached??? Either way the club would be happy with the outcome $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 23, 2014 9:14 am

Called into Shark Park on the way home last night and have never seen so many on the track or in the club.

But am sorry but agree with most this is ALL about the footy show and nil about Aldinga.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby RFC 2010 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 am

Congrats to all involved in the Footy Show live cross last night. What should have been a brilliant opportunity to promote your club turned into a bloody shambles. You embarrassed not only your club but the entire SFL. How the hell do you expect people to take your club and our competition seriously when you act like that?

I hope you can at least get Saturday right and that something positive comes out of this fiasco
RFC 2010
Rookie

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby tigerpie » Fri May 23, 2014 11:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Aldinga are always going to struggle when a powerhouse club like Willunga is only a pushbike ride away.

Poor analogy as there are plenty of kids down there for WIllunga and Aldinga to be successful.

Shoes/Porties then Valleys/Flaggy/Reynella are all close together but hasn;t affected any of them, amazing what hard work can do, easy cop out to blame a neighbouring club

Its a fact..... but not the only reason Aldinga are crap.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:42 am

RFC 2010 wrote:Congrats to all involved in the Footy Show live cross last night. What should have been a brilliant opportunity to promote your club turned into a bloody shambles. You embarrassed not only your club but the entire SFL. How the hell do you expect people to take your club and our competition seriously when you act like that?

I hope you can at least get Saturday right and that something positive comes out of this fiasco

i think the concept is fantastic and good on aldinga for getting the opportunity to do this, and if i didn't have footy i'd head down for a look...

However, last night was cringe worthy...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Panther32 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:50 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
RFC 2010 wrote:Congrats to all involved in the Footy Show live cross last night. What should have been a brilliant opportunity to promote your club turned into a bloody shambles. You embarrassed not only your club but the entire SFL. How the hell do you expect people to take your club and our competition seriously when you act like that?

i think the concept is fantastic and good on aldinga for getting the opportunity to do this, and if i didn't have footy i'd head down for a look...

However, last night was cringe worthy...

Yeah agreed. If I was involved in that club I would've wanted the club, players and spectators to look a lot more respectable than that, especially considering they struggle to recruit or attract juniors.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby carey » Fri May 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Mountain out of a mole hill. I liked it, Good on em for having a laugh and having a bit of fun

How dare they try and enjoy the moment and try and get a win :roll:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL