Morphet Vale Emus

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby Hafey » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:45 pm

This forum isnt painting a very good picture of Morphet Vale , there is no way id be sending my two sons there to play football no matter how succesfull they were .

That will be there down fall , parents wont send there kids to football training with these guys .
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby thegossip » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:07 pm

guys its just a cylcle that can happen, happy valley and marion to a lesser extent where the two top sides of the 90s, now morphy has a good team of kids and yes alot of kids in the area, but it does not last for ever. In time the kids dry up as the area changes.
thegossip

Postby Bulldogsculthero25 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:10 am

MORPHETT VALE PREMIERS 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008

We all (13 other clubs) need to get to where morphies are not one club is close to them.
We all hate morphies because they win simple...
Bulldogsculthero25
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby the big bang » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:12 pm

maybe not so much HATE, but maybe RESPECT them?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Bulldogsculthero25 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:42 pm

nah hate...
Bulldogsculthero25
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby the big bang » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:46 pm

sorry.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Buff » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:56 pm

[quote="the_big_bang"]sorry.[/quote]

I have a healthy respect for ALL footballers and clubs...its the best game in the world. i had my time at the bottom ...winning one game with the emus in 1990...but the guys i played with gave their all every week......if the other clubs players are doing that....what more can you ask? the wheel definately turns!
Buff
Mini-League

Postby Hotdogs » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:14 pm

Yeah i do give the Emus some credit...they have taken their chances and performed very well when on top of their game....Brighton for instance were the dominant side in 2002/03/04 - and yes I know MVale won in 04 but Brighton had a better side...but only managed 1 flag...
Hotdogs
Rookie

Postby The Mexican » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:05 pm

Buff wrote:
the_big_bang wrote:sorry.

I have a healthy respect for ALL footballers and clubs...its the best game in the world. i had my time at the bottom ...winning one game with the emus in 1990...but the guys i played with gave their all every week......if the other clubs players are doing that....what more can you ask? the wheel definately turns!

Buff, so you have played for the Emu's back in the 90's, have you played/been associated with any other clubs/league's..?? Are you involved in the game today or now a loyal spectator..??
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby The Mexican » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:12 pm

Bulldog wrote:yeah well looks like the payments towards morphett vale players seem to be working. they play football and also become rich

You part of the committee down at Emu land are you Bulldog, because my mail is that Morphies do not pay big dollars at all. The current playing group have been together for 5-6 years now, with no major list changes, just gradual improvement each year. They want to play with each other week in week out. In all 3 premierships to date i am led to believe that 3 players each year have won a flag and not played a junior game at the club. Not another club in the league could boast that statistic. Noarlunga are a classic example of what can happen when you pay big dollars for players, you may be around the mark for a few years but when the money runs out so does the quality of footballer, good to see they are bouncing back with their juniors, what they are doing now is definately the way to go in relation to longevity. Short term pain for long term gain.
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby The Mexican » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:19 pm

Hafey wrote:This forum isnt painting a very good picture of Morphet Vale , there is no way id be sending my two sons there to play football no matter how succesfull they were .

That will be there down fall , parents wont send there kids to football training with these guys .

What picture is that Hafey..?? Football clubs are amazing things, the people and characters are second to none and each club have their fair share, maybe you need to get out of your all consumed world (where ever that is) because i am unsure of what is the exact reason why you wouldn't want to give your sons the opportunity to play at the club that arguably has the best junior program in the league/state... If they wanted to of course... shouldn't it be their decision..??
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Insider » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:03 pm

How many Ex Morphett Vale Juniors are now playing at Jervois in the RMFL???
Insider
Rookie

Postby The Mexican » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:36 pm

Insider wrote:How many Ex Morphett Vale Juniors are now playing at Jervois in the RMFL???

Ewer (can play) Schmidt (can't play) and the A grade assistant coach plays also can't remember his name though (Mahony, maybe). Ewer has played seniors at the Emu's and am pretty sure he was a part of the 04 premiership then left. In reference to a previous posting i am certain $$$ comes into it (Jervois have been paying plenty)... i.e the Emu's not paying big dollars which is why Cobb went from South to Edwardstown a couple years back... The latter 2 haven't been at the club since 15 years of age (2 junior seasons)...
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby SOTTERS » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:39 pm

Is J. Kurtz still playing for emu's.
SOTTERS
Rookie

Postby Insider » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:39 pm

The Mexican wrote:
Insider wrote:How many Ex Morphett Vale Juniors are now playing at Jervois in the RMFL???

Ewer (can play) Schmidt (can't play) and the A grade assistant coach plays also can't remember his name though (Mahony, maybe). Ewer has played seniors at the Emu's and am pretty sure he was a part of the 04 premiership then left. In reference to a previous posting i am certain $$$ comes into it (Jervois have been paying plenty)... i.e the Emu's not paying big dollars which is why Cobb went from South to Edwardstown a couple years back... The latter 2 haven't been at the club since 15 years of age (2 junior seasons)...

Schmitt cant play??? Didnt he win best and fairests and south in all grades but league??? So ur saying cobb would have played SFL not A1's if money was the same ???
Insider
Rookie

Postby The Mexican » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:41 pm

SOTTERS wrote:Is J. Kurtz still playing for emu's.

I believe so, he was named in the B grade against Reynella but wasn't named last week.
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Saints 07 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:43 pm

Insider wrote:
The Mexican wrote:

Schmitt cant play??? Didnt he win best and fairests and south in all grades but league??? So ur saying cobb would have played SFL not A1's if money was the same ???

Cobb went for Christies job at start of 06 season, money wasnt good enough.
Saints 07
Mini-League

Postby The Mexican » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:46 pm

Insider wrote:
The Mexican wrote:

Not sure what junior awards he won, but have seen him play for Myponga/sellicks and struggles against the bigger bodies, wasn't rated too highly at Myponga/sellicks when he was there is what i'm told. As for Cobb a junior coaching role was offered and the deal only fell through because of the $$$, negotiations didn't take too long due to the big discripency in what was offered and what was asked for.
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby The Mexican » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:48 pm

Saints 07 wrote:
Insider wrote:
The Mexican wrote:

Cobb went for Christies job at start of 06 season, money wasnt good enough.

Saints, are supporters/committee happy with current A grade coach and where they are going..??
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Insider » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:51 pm

The Mexican wrote:
Insider wrote:
The Mexican wrote:

Not sure what junior awards he won, but have seen him play for Myponga/sellicks and struggles against the bigger bodies, wasn't rated too highly at Myponga/sellicks when he was there is what i'm told. As for Cobb a junior coaching role was offered and the deal only fell through because of the $$$, negotiations didn't take too long due to the big discripency in what was offered and what was asked for.

Well i rate Schmitt as a player. Very reliable and hard working. Also that he was rated pretty highly at myponga.
Insider
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL