Morphet Vale Emus

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby The Dutchman » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:26 pm

I can see the point you are trying to make Junior. However, one of the reasons for M/Vales success is the killer attitude it has over its opponents. M/Vale currently has a greater desire to win than any other club, which is a credit to them considering they are going for four straight, so of course they are going to look down on other clubs. I dont want you to confuse the issues of M/Vale being a deservedly dominant club, and the league contributing to its success and the downfall of other clubs in the league. Any other club in the league could be in the same position as M/Vale if it puts a long term plan in place. Believe me, i would rather see much more compeititive games each week, but clubs have to accept some responsbility for their current position and the blame can not lie with the league itself.
The Dutchman
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby THE MOLE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:32 pm

The Mexican wrote:
THE MOLE wrote:
The Dutchman wrote:G'day junior
I am not affiliated with any SFL club but i am interested to know if you are you associated with any SFL committees or whether you attend AGM's? Perhaps you could find the right forum for you to raise your issues with the league and the rights of your club. Then your concerns might truly be heard.
The Robinson issue has been overdone, and using it to highlight M/Vales superiority over other clubs undermines M/Vales hard work and loyalty of its players to get to its current position as the best club in the comp.

But the league is full of Morphett Vale people........
There is no question that morphies hard work has got them there, but doesnt mean that they should dominate the leagues committee aswell.....
Juniors point (i think) was that issues have been raised with the league, but laughed at, no matter how times they have been brought up. Therefore the lower teams dont have a chance to catch up to morphett vale and they will continue to dominate, which isnt good for the competition, or football in general.

"The league is full of Morphett Vale people" please name them...?? I'm sure from Morphett Vale's point of view this is not the case. I am unaware of any...

President of SFL, was associated with Mprohett vale for 10 years..... Good start????
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby THE MOLE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:35 pm

The Dutchman wrote:I can see the point you are trying to make Junior. However, one of the reasons for M/Vales success is the killer attitude it has over its opponents. M/Vale currently has a greater desire to win than any other club, which is a credit to them considering they are going for four straight, so of course they are going to look down on other clubs. I dont want you to confuse the issues of M/Vale being a deservedly dominant club, and the league contributing to its success and the downfall of other clubs in the league. Any other club in the league could be in the same position as M/Vale if it puts a long term plan in place. Believe me, i would rather see much more compeititive games each week, but clubs have to accept some responsbility for their current position and the blame can not lie with the league itself.

I do see it as the leagues problem.... Morphett Vale and any other club are going to try and get away with as much as they can...
Your right a lot of the clubs have been slack with some issues and are now trying to rectify them, but are getting looked down on.
The league just wants a few teams to fold so it can be a 12 to 14 team comp.
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby Buff » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:37 pm

[quote="The Dutchman"]I can see the point you are trying to make Junior. However, one of the reasons for M/Vales success is the killer attitude it has over its opponents. M/Vale currently has a greater desire to win than any other club, which is a credit to them considering they are going for four straight, so of course they are going to look down on other clubs. I dont want you to confuse the issues of M/Vale being a deservedly dominant club, and the league contributing to its success and the downfall of other clubs in the league. Any other club in the league could be in the same position as M/Vale if it puts a long term plan in place. Believe me, i would rather see much more compeititive games each week, but clubs have to accept some responsbility for their current position and the blame can not lie with the league itself.[/quote]

The league should go to a two division comp to give the lower sides the oppotunity to bring on their players and win games. winning games gives the club pulling power for more players and supporters to get on board. Cove are starting to get there. Hackham never will.....too close to M/vale and no winning culture! Lonsdale won't while they remain at a backpackers hostel! Christies will get back to div 1 standard, Aldinga and Noarlunga have a chance with housing developments increasing junior ranks....so if you look at a 2 division set up we might have competetive games each week! not until they do that.
Buff
Mini-League

Postby Buff » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:41 pm

[quote="THE MOLE"][quote="The Mexican"][quote="THE MOLE"][quote="The Dutchman"]G'day junior
I am not affiliated with any SFL club but i am interested to know if you are you associated with any SFL committees or whether you attend AGM's? Perhaps you could find the right forum for you to raise your issues with the league and the rights of your club. Then your concerns might truly be heard.
The Robinson issue has been overdone, and using it to highlight M/Vales superiority over other clubs undermines M/Vales hard work and loyalty of its players to get to its current position as the best club in the comp.[/quote]

There is no question that morphies hard work has got them there, but doesnt mean that they should dominate the leagues committee aswell.....
Juniors point (i think) was that issues have been raised with the league, but laughed at, no matter how times they have been brought up. Therefore the lower teams dont have a chance to catch up to morphett vale and they will continue to dominate, which isnt good for the competition, or football in general.[/quote]

"The league is full of Morphett Vale people" please name them...?? I'm sure from Morphett Vale's point of view this is not the case. I am unaware of any...[/quote]

President of SFL, was associated with Mprohett vale for 10 years..... Good start????[/quote]

what about the Pt Noarlunga contact?????? SFL pres for a number of years! Chris Leahy. Griffin (OSB/lonsdale), Davenport (porties) Macklin (valley) Don Graham (Hackham) where are all the morphie people??
Buff
Mini-League

Postby The Mexican » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:43 pm

THE MOLE wrote:
The Mexican wrote:
THE MOLE wrote:
The Robinson issue has been overdone, and using it to highlight M/Vales superiority over other clubs undermines M/Vales hard work and loyalty of its players to get to its current position as the best club in the comp.

Juniors point (i think) was that issues have been raised with the league, but laughed at, no matter how times they have been brought up. Therefore the lower teams dont have a chance to catch up to morphett vale and they will continue to dominate, which isnt good for the competition, or football in general.

"The league is full of Morphett Vale people" please name them...?? I'm sure from Morphett Vale's point of view this is not the case. I am unaware of any...

President of SFL, was associated with Mprohett vale for 10 years..... Good start????

Not sure about 10 years, maybe half that. One person certainly does not constitute "being full of M/Vale people". In another posting someone has overheard the "so called" Morphett Vale loving league president calling the Morphett Vale B grade a mob of wankers for all to hear, so i am just wondering how hard Craig lobbies for Morphett Vale's causes, do you honestly think he is on that clubs side...?? I don't think so..
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby THE MOLE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:54 pm

The Mexican wrote:
THE MOLE wrote:
The Mexican wrote:
THE MOLE wrote:

Not sure about 10 years, maybe half that. One person certainly does not constitute "being full of M/Vale people". In another posting someone has overheard the "so called" Morphett Vale loving league president calling the Morphett Vale B grade a mob of wankers for all to hear, so i am just wondering how hard Craig lobbies for Morphett Vale's causes, do you honestly think he is on that clubs side...?? I don't think so..

You said, you were unaware of any.......... My comment about full of morphett vale people was meant to be read as people who like the way that the competition is going, with certain clubs dominating and lets try get rid of a few of the others.....
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby Buff » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:55 pm

[quote="The Dutchman"]I can see the point you are trying to make Junior. However, one of the reasons for M/Vales success is the killer attitude it has over its opponents. M/Vale currently has a greater desire to win than any other club, which is a credit to them considering they are going for four straight, so of course they are going to look down on other clubs. I dont want you to confuse the issues of M/Vale being a deservedly dominant club, and the league contributing to its success and the downfall of other clubs in the league. Any other club in the league could be in the same position as M/Vale if it puts a long term plan in place. Believe me, i would rather see much more compeititive games each week, but clubs have to accept some responsbility for their current position and the blame can not lie with the league itself.[/quote]

Hey Dutchy........reckon that Morphies model themselves on West Coast! everyone is trying to cut them down as well!
sports do not build character....they reveal it!
Buff
Mini-League

Postby Junior » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Buff wrote:
The Dutchman wrote:I can see the point you are trying to make Junior. However, one of the reasons for M/Vales success is the killer attitude it has over its opponents. M/Vale currently has a greater desire to win than any other club, which is a credit to them considering they are going for four straight, so of course they are going to look down on other clubs. I dont want you to confuse the issues of M/Vale being a deservedly dominant club, and the league contributing to its success and the downfall of other clubs in the league. Any other club in the league could be in the same position as M/Vale if it puts a long term plan in place. Believe me, i would rather see much more compeititive games each week, but clubs have to accept some responsbility for their current position and the blame can not lie with the league itself.

The league should go to a two division comp to give the lower sides the oppotunity to bring on their players and win games. winning games gives the club pulling power for more players and supporters to get on board. Cove are starting to get there. Hackham never will.....too close to M/vale and no winning culture! Lonsdale won't while they remain at a backpackers hostel! Christies will get back to div 1 standard, Aldinga and Noarlunga have a chance with housing developments increasing junior ranks....so if you look at a 2 division set up we might have competetive games each week! not until they do that.

Clubs based near Morphett Vale will always struggle making strong clubs when the league is quite happy for m/vale to have two of each junior teams while other sides struggle to make 1 junior team? Obviously they have a good junior program and good on em, but while that can happen do you really expect other teams to catch them?
Junior
Rookie

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Swooper16 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Every club has its gripes. I'm pretty sure Morphies thought the league had an agenda against them in 2002 when Comer hit the post aftr the siren in the prelim but was called a goal. Its probably better to focus on what your clubs doing rather to keep worrying about whose getting away with what.

No one likes to see cheap shots not being penalised (having not seen the robinson incident i cant comment on that particular one) and i think umpires probly need better training / education to deal with the ugly incidents in football. in the past it was easy to see some umpires who were def intimidated by some players in the league. Hopefully that is becoming a thing of the past.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby THE MOLE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Junior wrote:
Buff wrote:

Clubs based near Morphett Vale will always struggle making strong clubs when the league is quite happy for m/vale to have two of each junior teams while other sides struggle to make 1 junior team? Obviously they have a good junior program and good on em, but while that can happen do you really expect other teams to catch them?

Teams that have 3 senior teams, and 2 of each of the junior teams dont really help the league and football in general. It is the leagues job to have as many players playing for as long as possible. What happens to the guys coming up out of u18s, who then go into seniors??? With the senior sides having full squads already??? The guys stop playing footy! Which no one, especially the league should be happy with.
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby Buff » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:20 pm

[quote="THE MOLE"][quote="Junior"][quote="Buff"][quote="The Dutchman"]I can see the point you are trying to make Junior. However, one of the reasons for M/Vales success is the killer attitude it has over its opponents. M/Vale currently has a greater desire to win than any other club, which is a credit to them considering they are going for four straight, so of course they are going to look down on other clubs. I dont want you to confuse the issues of M/Vale being a deservedly dominant club, and the league contributing to its success and the downfall of other clubs in the league. Any other club in the league could be in the same position as M/Vale if it puts a long term plan in place. Believe me, i would rather see much more compeititive games each week, but clubs have to accept some responsbility for their current position and the blame can not lie with the league itself.[/quote]

The league should go to a two division comp to give the lower sides the oppotunity to bring on their players and win games. winning games gives the club pulling power for more players and supporters to get on board. Cove are starting to get there. Hackham never will.....too close to M/vale and no winning culture! Lonsdale won't while they remain at a backpackers hostel! Christies will get back to div 1 standard, Aldinga and Noarlunga have a chance with housing developments increasing junior ranks....so if you look at a 2 division set up we might have competetive games each week! not until they do that.[/quote]

Clubs based near Morphett Vale will always struggle making strong clubs when the league is quite happy for m/vale to have two of each junior teams while other sides struggle to make 1 junior team? Obviously they have a good junior program and good on em, but while that can happen do you really expect other teams to catch them?[/quote]

Teams that have 3 senior teams, and 2 of each of the junior teams dont really help the league and football in general. It is the leagues job to have as many players playing for as long as possible. What happens to the guys coming up out of u18s, who then go into seniors??? With the senior sides having full squads already??? The guys stop playing footy! Which no one, especially the league should be happy with.[/quote]

Do you really think players coming out of 18s stop playing because they cannot get a run in the senior sides? look at the positive.....M/vale are giving more kids a chance to play the game! is it their fault they have a good junior program that teaches kids how to play the game! Happy valley are in the same boat.
Buff
Mini-League

Postby THE MOLE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Buff wrote:
THE MOLE wrote:
Junior wrote:
Buff wrote:

Teams that have 3 senior teams, and 2 of each of the junior teams dont really help the league and football in general. It is the leagues job to have as many players playing for as long as possible. What happens to the guys coming up out of u18s, who then go into seniors??? With the senior sides having full squads already??? The guys stop playing footy! Which no one, especially the league should be happy with.

Do you really think players coming out of 18s stop playing because they cannot get a run in the senior sides? look at the positive.....M/vale are giving more kids a chance to play the game! is it their fault they have a good junior program that teaches kids how to play the game! Happy valley are in the same boat.

I do think it...... and it is something the league should be looking at.
They do have a good junior program, well done to them. Which is the main part in why they have become so succesfull, with a lot of there juniors now playing in there senior sides.
But sometimes people need to think outside there club and for the good of the players and the league.
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby Swooper16 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:43 pm

I can see your point but if the league only granted 1 junior team for each club then my bet would be that many of those kids would just stop playing altogether rather then be forced somewhere else. Thus denying them at least 2 less years of footy. Which wouldnt be good for anyone.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Lova » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Swooper16 wrote:I can see your point but if the league only granted 1 junior team for each club then my bet would be that many of those kids would just stop playing altogether rather then be forced somewhere else. Thus denying them at least 2 less years of footy. Which wouldnt be good for anyone.

I agree with you swooper. Most junior players want to go out and just play with their mates. Because morphett vale is a successful club they attract most of the juniors from the surrounding high schools. It only takes a couple of players that want to win and all of their mates will jump on board.
If they were to be told by the league they had to play at another club rather than play with their mates they go to school with, I would think they will more than likely not play at all. So I dont think thats the answer.

There surely is light at the end of the tunnel though. look at flaggies Juniors coming thorugh their U18s they will surely improve flaggies over the next few years.(If they all stay there) the same way Morphies Juniors came through 6-7 Years ago. Some times the results arent instant. The surrounding clubs around Morphies just need to attract More Junior Players. Just not sure how anyone is going to do it with Morphies having such a good junior program on show for all to see and such a large supporter base through the whole club.
The Lova
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Hotdogs » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:40 pm

Yeah the emus have been successful the last 3 years - but that doesn't stop them from being a bunch of tossers.

Now in my playing day the Emu's only had it over us in 2004. We smashed the messes every other year.....smoke that....
Hotdogs
Rookie

Postby Junior » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:46 pm

Hotdogs wrote:Yeah the emus have been successful the last 3 years - but that doesn't stop them from being a bunch of tossers.

Now in my playing day the Emu's only had it over us in 2004. We smashed the messes every other year.....smoke that....

Not exactly breaking news there hotdogs, M/Vale have always been a bunch of tossers, now their just successful tosser. I've only ever beaten them once in seniors which was back in 04 too i think? Hopefully will do again someday soon!
Junior
Rookie

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby FOOTYGODS » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:51 pm

this is aaron biglands i'm going to smash you blokes tomorrow....hahahahahaha
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

Postby The Mexican » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:52 pm

Hotdogs wrote:Yeah the emus have been successful the last 3 years - but that doesn't stop them from being a bunch of tossers.

Sounds like you don't know anyone from M/Vale "Hotdogs", that was a bit of a "DOG" of a comment. I'm not sure why you would "DOG" anyone like that. How many flags did you win "DOGS", sounds like you haven't had a very successful career and have a bit of a bee in your "TAIL" about the success Morphett Vale is experiencing. Not sure what you are asking the forum to smoke but whatever you've been having a go on sounds pretty good... "DOGBREATH"... Stick to the late night game show brother, there are more people interested in what you have to say there than this forum..!!
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby The Lova » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:41 pm

Considering You are in the Morphett Vale Forum there Hotdogs, you must enjoy hanging around with "tossers". Youve hit the nail on the head I think Mexican. Some one must have some success envy. obviously dont have too many medallions on the shelf at home. It almost sounds like some one that wishes they could play for morphies but isn't up to it.

I think Hotdogs should rename himself frankfurt.
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL