SFL Hall of Fame

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: SFL Hall of Fame

Postby Buff » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:46 pm

how many games have you played Gringo.........none i'd say from some of your miss informed comments!!!
Buff
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Mexican » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:57 pm

Buff wrote:how many games have you played Gringo.........none i'd say from some of your miss informed comments!!!

Nothing misinformed about what i say "Buff head" don't you like my inductee's, if not you better ask the same question to Swooper...

Here's another inductee for you while i'm at it. The water bloke from reynella, Lloyd i think, he's been an assistant coach to all grades for the last 25 years atleast, always on the oval talking blokes in with empty water bottles...
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Swooper16 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:36 pm

The old Porties bloke with Goggles. Known as Horace Grant 2 many i believe. Might be Dobbins Brother?? He and Beetlejuice were quite the combination.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Specky McGee » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:50 pm

How about the midget water boy from Morphett Vale? He'd be a shoe in wouldnt he?
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Postby new kid on the block » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:32 pm

how bout nobesy or that bloke who doe's the bbq at shoes who looks like one of the young ones!!!
footy*
new kid on the block
Mini-League

Postby Swooper16 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:53 pm

After the performace on the weekend The Porties A Grade runner must get a berth for his efforts!! Kept the crowd entertained for a full 4 quarters on Saturday.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby Legend killer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:13 pm

marion football club only club in the league with a tab, watchin footy
and losin money on horse's great combo
Legend killer
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby smithy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:24 pm

Swooper16 wrote:After the performace on the weekend The Porties A Grade runner must get a berth for his efforts!! Kept the crowd entertained for a full 4 quarters on Saturday.

Who was that ?
smithy

Postby Swooper16 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:46 pm

smithy wrote:
Swooper16 wrote:After the performace on the weekend The Porties A Grade runner must get a berth for his efforts!! Kept the crowd entertained for a full 4 quarters on Saturday.

Who was that ?

Not sure. No-one recognised him as a past Porties player. Someone said they knew him from Willunga but dunno his name. He certainly enjoyed the attention tho. I couldnt imagine the Cockles coach being real impressed with some of his antics and getting the Morphies crowd fired up.....but thats whats great about grass roots footy i guess players, coaches etc aren't robots.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby THE MOLE » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:52 pm

Legend killer wrote:marion football club only club in the league with a tab, watchin footy
and losin money on horse's great combo

Yeah i know of a few clubs who were wanting to sell there home games (AFL STYLE) to Marion.. hahaha
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby Legend killer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:54 pm

[quote="Swooper16"][quote="smithy"][quote="Swooper16"]After the performace on the weekend The Porties A Grade runner must get a berth for his efforts!! Kept the crowd entertained for a full 4 quarters on Saturday.[/quote]
Who was that ?[/quote]

Not sure. No-one recognised him as a past Porties player. Someone said they knew him from Willunga but dunno his name. He certainly enjoyed the attention tho. I couldnt imagine the Cockles coach being real impressed with some of his antics and getting the Morphies crowd fired up.....but thats whats great about grass roots footy i guess players, coaches etc aren't robots.[/quote]

i think he also got a few morphies players fired up i reckon he got jabbed in the bread basket behind play
by one of them
Legend killer
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Swooper16 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:25 am

Legend killer wrote:
Swooper16 wrote:
smithy wrote:

Who was that ?

Not sure. No-one recognised him as a past Porties player. Someone said they knew him from Willunga but dunno his name. He certainly enjoyed the attention tho. I couldnt imagine the Cockles coach being real impressed with some of his antics and getting the Morphies crowd fired up.....but thats whats great about grass roots footy i guess players, coaches etc aren't robots.

i think he also got a few morphies players fired up i reckon he got jabbed in the bread basket behind play
by one of them

Any altercation between a player and runner is obviously going to be behind play as the runner is not actually ever in the field of play. Thus why he is the runner. However as I saw it He gave a morphies player a mouthful, morphies player responded with a few choice words of his own. Then the runner just ran straight into him. Morphies player then gave him a quick jab to the guts. But I wouldn’t exactly say it was dirty or not warranted. Think most of us would give one back if we had a runner or official run directly into us. Pretty sure the umpire saw the whole thing as well so the question must be asked why the runner wasn’t sent off for making deliberate contact to a player? Although that would of robbed us of his continual antics for the next ¾ quarters.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby Coops68 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:38 am

I Know the bloke in question and think he is a top bloke not normally onto that kind of niggle

From what i saw of it the antics started after the morphies player was give a yellow card for a cheap shot on the porties player.

Games played for porties

A 64
C 2
B 6

Just my 2c worth

Coops
Coops68
Mini-League

Postby Swooper16 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Coops68 wrote:I Know the bloke in question and think he is a top bloke not normally onto that kind of niggle

From what i saw of it the antics started after the morphies player was give a yellow card for a cheap shot on the porties player.

Games played for porties

A 64
C 2
B 6

Just my 2c worth

Coops

Only Morphies player I’m aware of being given a yellow card was for mouthing off at the umpire and that was in the 2nd quarter. Runner incident occurred in the first. Mind you I think the whole runner incident was more entertaining then malicious. Enjoyable game of footy tho. Which can be few and far between in the SFL at the moment.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:20 pm

Any altercation between a player and runner is obviously going to be behind play as the runner is not actually ever in the field of play. Thus why he is the runner. However as I saw it He gave a morphies player a mouthful, morphies player responded with a few choice words of his own. Then the runner just ran straight into him. Morphies player then gave him a quick jab to the guts. But I wouldn’t exactly say it was dirty or not warranted. Think most of us would give one back if we had a runner or official run directly into us. Pretty sure the umpire saw the whole thing as well so the question must be asked why the runner wasn’t sent off for making deliberate contact to a player? Although that would of robbed us of his continual antics for the next ¾ quarters.[/quote]

I don't know if its obvious that theyre going to be behind the play TBahr has spent more time on the field than most players in his career as a "Runner" (I use the term loosely but I don't think they make bright yellow "Canter" tops) The abuse hurled at him is the only time anyone would talk to him though so I guess you can't blame him.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 am

Congrats to this year's Hall of Fame inductees Jerry Mott ("elsewhere"), John Hugo (McLaren Flat), Bob McMahon (Hackham/"elsewhere"), Chris Galley (Cove), Gary Verrall (Willunga).

I note the Noarlunga Football Club is now known as the Elsewhere Football Club. :shock:

Well done all five
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby zooman07 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:59 pm

As Christies is now known as the feral club?
zooman07

Has liked: 2 times

Postby stampy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:44 pm

zooman07 wrote:As Christies is now known as the feral club?

whys that
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Head over it » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Just noticed on the SFL wikipedia page that there have been a few more inductees into the SFL hall of fame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_F ... ite_ref-73

I see the SFL is inducting some more players into the SFL hall of fame again, as they do every year.

without taking anything away from any of the current or recent inductees I wonder of the calibre of players that have been inducted ahead of some other players which should surely get the nod.

Hendrick "taffy" Waye (Will)
Dean Mills (Mcl Flat)
Baden Taylor (MV)
Scott Pollard (MV)
Wayne Potter (Will)

the names above all made the team of all time according to the SFL but seem to be getting overlooked by the maroon coats.
Is there any posters out there that have any inside info on this.

Surely the accomplishments of the above group should be recognised before some of the more recent inductees???
Very interesting I thought??
Head over it

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL