Reynella

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Reynella

Postby tunit » Tue May 06, 2008 10:21 am

Fly do you really think a side full of as many ego's that are in the Reynella team will be a force or would even listen to your coach you guys will be in the top 6 but won't go anywhere again. you may aswell get meekins to come and coach he might get you too 8th.
tunit

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue May 06, 2008 10:57 am

fly wrote:
rock wrote:
fly wrote:Good start to the season Saturday good game of footy.Cove will be a cracker this week.

How are we feeling now fly? I don't mean to club bash you, just be honest and say there's a player/coach problem. Its so obvious after speaking with a few of the boys and even standing around the huddles. Half the side isn't even listening to Evans - its all in the body language.

We were poor yesterday but it is only round 3 and i think we will improve greatly as we get the side settled and all our players back.As for you stirring the pot with the player/coach thing you can think what you like but he is well recieved amongst the playing group and has the respect of the group and the comitte must think he is the man for the job because he is appointed until 2009.

What are your thoughts on his decision to tell Dave Prescott (very handy player) that he would not be in the 1's? Doesn't send a positive message to anyone in the 2's playing good footy hoping to get a call up, is he maybe relying on getting his "gun" recruits playing good enough footy to make them competitive.

Thought most people knew its not your top 6 but your bottom 6 that will determine how good a side you are.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby cyclops » Tue May 06, 2008 1:49 pm

EVANS MUST HAVE ROCKS IN HIS HEAD.DAVID PRESCOTT IS EXACTLY WOT REYNELLA NEED MORE OF...HARD AT IT,TOUGH,AND IN AND UNDER TYPES.HE WILL SMASH EM IN THE HILLS LEAGUE
cyclops

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue May 06, 2008 1:52 pm

cyclops wrote:EVANS MUST HAVE ROCKS IN HIS HEAD.DAVID PRESCOTT IS EXACTLY WOT REYNELLA NEED MORE OF...HARD AT IT,TOUGH,AND IN AND UNDER TYPES.HE WILL SMASH EM IN THE HILLS LEAGUE

LOUD NOISES!!! :lol:
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby rock » Tue May 06, 2008 5:10 pm

fly wrote:
rock wrote:
fly wrote:Good start to the season Saturday good game of footy.Cove will be a cracker this week.

How are we feeling now fly? I don't mean to club bash you, just be honest and say there's a player/coach problem. Its so obvious after speaking with a few of the boys and even standing around the huddles. Half the side isn't even listening to Evans - its all in the body language.

We were poor yesterday but it is only round 3 and i think we will improve greatly as we get the side settled and all our players back.As for you stirring the pot with the player/coach thing you can think what you like but he is well recieved amongst the playing group and has the respect of the group and the comitte must think he is the man for the job because he is appointed until 2009.

Cmon fly, this has been the problem all along. There's too much sweeping of the problems under the rug. I know of and have spoken to at least four players who don't like Evans and his coaching methods. Tell me another thing, does Butcher have a guilty look on his face when he takes his large match payments after each game. Wood would almost be the same.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby pale ale » Tue May 06, 2008 11:22 pm

I heard from a geuine source that Butcher plays for nothing and he is just mates with Dave Evans, Don't know about Wood though, A bit rough getting into the coach in round 3 and with plenty of players coming back they will be still rated as a top 4 finish I would have thought.
P.S I'm not a Wine Fly supporter Rock - just giving you my opinion.
pale ale
Under 16s

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed May 07, 2008 9:17 am

They should still be a top 4 yes but the body language Sunday suggests they will be just making up the numbers unless something changes. Obviously the Emus, Cove and Brighton will be looking for top 4 and you'd think Reynella but I'm sure Valley will have a bit to say about where those teams finish. Other than that it's a bit too early to say who else might challenge, Porties looked to have dropped away a bit which would be disappointing for them.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby tunit » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 pm

you guys are struggling!!!!
tunit

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:09 pm

I wouldn't write off Reynella. From what I've seen, Morphy Parks are a fast-running side, remind me a bit of Flaggies a couple of years ago. They've got a good game plan and a good coach. The top sides in the SFL are used to beating teams like Morphy Park by big margins. Didn't see the game but imagine that Reynella got rattled by Morphies keeping up with them and they choked. Last year when the Wineflies played Aldinga at Shark Park, they were up by only a couple of goals at half time, and they lost the plot. They ended up winning, but their second half was sloppy and erratic, and milo got sent off for cracking the shits at the Aldinga U-18s who were heckling him down by the southern goals (it was f***ing hilarious, too). :lol:
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby rock » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:15 pm

Sounds like there's some underlying issues down there at Winefly Park.
rock
Under 16s

Postby leftrightout » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:55 pm

Is the raging bull Geoff Winton still ass coach down there?
leftrightout
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby fly » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:43 pm

Remember boys its a long season we will be there in the finals and with a full side on the deck will beat anyone on the day.
fly
Under 16s

Postby Bag The Points » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Except, maybe, Morphettville Park :lol:
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:41 pm

My tip is that next time the Flies play Morphies they will smash them, because they'll be prepared. There are three factors that go a long way to determining the outcome of a game: 1) the quality of the players in a team; 2) how they're travelling ON THE DAY; 3) the mental side of things. If you go into a game expecting to beat a team because that's what you do, then when things don't go to plan you have to flounder for a few minutes to decide what plan B is. And sometimes the worry gets the better of you. Shit happens. Reynella are still going to play finals. Losing to Morphies doesn't mean they're not capable of flogging the guts out of Brighton or Porties. (Don't get the impression I'm offering moral support or any of that, it's just how I see it.)
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby smithy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Reynella FC 1951
smithy

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:08 am

Be around the time of their last premiership right?
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:03 pm

Looks like herman monster on the end standing up :lol: :lol:
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby fly » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 pm

[quote="Zelezny Chucks"]Be around the time of their last premiership right?[/quote]

another gem Z.C you are a funny boy/girl??? :oops:
fly
Under 16s

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:03 pm

fly wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:Be around the time of their last premiership right?

another gem Z.C you are a funny boy/girl??? :oops:

While I'm flattered you feel it necessary to mention my name in every second post I think we should probably stick to the topic in this case Reynella. When was the last time they won a flag fly?
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby rock » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Don't know the exact year but it is about 30 years ago and unless the culture of the club changes it'll be another 30 years.
rock
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL