Morphettville Park Football Club News

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Morphettville Park Football Club News

Postby Madrooster » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:43 am

Personally I dont think he'll be happy until he is steering his own ship - only my opinion, but I reckon he should be exploring that as an option.

You wanted honesty!!
Madrooster
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby shoe boy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:37 am

Seb remains one of the most popular blokes to have donned the cheese twistie strip in my 23 years at the club. He ranks up there with Roddy McDougall, Max Eddy, Dave Spry & Shane Pitt as adored players.
We wish him all the best, hope he makes the grade & returns one day to finish off his career.[/quote]

Moe that is an insult to blokes like Eddy,Knowles,Pitt as you know as I do big Seb didnt play just for the love of the club and sold himself to many before M/Parks raised the bar?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby special » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:55 am

only after a year of service should make him life member hahahaha good player good bloke but a legend of the club like those others pitt,spry,knowles,etc what are you on? with a rap like that
i think it maybe wishful thinking he will go back to morph parks as they might be 0 and seven after round seven( just a guess as dont know their draw) but no communication all ready sound like its going to be a long year down their. also he might not be much help if he comes back half way when theirs nothing he can do to help make finals i bet he will get board with the way things are going and will move on. ;)
special
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby special » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:01 am

special wrote:only after a year of service should make him life member hahahaha good player good bloke but a legend of the club like those others pitt,spry,knowles,etc what are you on? with a rap like that
i think it maybe wishful thinking he will go back to morph parks as they might be 0 and seven after round seven( just a guess as dont know their draw) but no communication all ready sound like its going to be a long year down their. also he might not be much help if he comes back half way when theirs nothing he can do to help make finals i bet he will get board with the way things are going and will move on. ;)

oops cant forget shane smith what a legend bexta says hi mate hope all is well fella
special
Rookie

Postby Moe » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:14 am

I never said he was a legend of the club you dills, I said he was popular & adored.
Popular among our supporters for the way he portrayed himself at the club & adored by every junior player after his efforts on Friday nights with their training.
Big difference. :roll:
I'm sure you would ALL of had him at your club.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby asert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:13 am

According to the email that came out of eagles seb is one of 3 big recruits they were telling their members about and the way they made it look I don't think he'll have any trouble making the league side. He went there for money but like moe is saying with helping the kids and around the club he was worth it. People like that you always hope they aren't always about the money
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby special » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:41 pm

Moe wrote:I never said he was a legend of the club you dills, I said he was popular & adored.
Popular among our supporters for the way he portrayed himself at the club & adored by every junior player after his efforts on Friday nights with their training.

no probs moe i understand very popular person i get it. oh by the way he left our club to go to you and took our place in the finals with him wouldnt it have been nice to have mail medalist and runner up?
special
Rookie

Postby Moe » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:45 pm

special wrote:
Moe wrote:I never said he was a legend of the club you dills, I said he was popular & adored.

no probs moe i understand very popular person i get it. oh by the way he left our club to go to you and took our place in the finals with him wouldnt it have been nice to have mail medalist and runner up?

Yes it would have been nice. Any chance of Wadey joining us ;)
Seriously though has anyone ever got into Ryans ear about playing league? Seems a waste really not trying the highest level.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby special » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:55 pm

Moe wrote:
special wrote:

Seriously though has anyone ever got into Ryans ear about playing league? Seems a waste really not trying the highest level.

think he needs to prove himself again this year to really have some idea of how he would go remember you need to be 100% commited even to think about yourself under the pressure of the politics of SANFL football and ryan is the only judge of that. more fitness required and
general leadership this year will give him a better feel of where and why ryan wants to play footy.good guy, can listen and learn cant see why he couldnt then again he maybe approch will large sums of cash and lured away from ram park end of next year. but unlike alot his love for marion will see him finish his career their good luck 2010 ryan.(the get out of jail card for ryan is his leg.( the long kick into the forward line will no doubt see smithy again mess up all sides this year good luck all ruckmen and full backs marion wont be easy).
special
Rookie

Postby spot on » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:55 pm

special wrote:
Moe wrote:
special wrote:

think he needs to prove himself again this year to really have some idea of how he would go remember you need to be 100% commited even to think about yourself under the pressure of the politics of SANFL football and ryan is the only judge of that. more fitness required and
general leadership this year will give him a better feel of where and why ryan wants to play footy.good guy, can listen and learn cant see why he couldnt then again he maybe approch will large sums of cash and lured away from ram park end of next year. but unlike alot his love for marion will see him finish his career their good luck 2010 ryan.(the get out of jail card for ryan is his leg.( the long kick into the forward line will no doubt see smithy again mess up all sides this year good luck all ruckmen and full backs marion wont be easy).

Round 1 against Emus we may see the clash we have been waiting for Smith v Smith
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby ol man emu » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:46 am

Will the smith brothers stand each other.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 am

ol man emu wrote:Will the smith brothers stand each other.

If they are both playing their usual positions, yes ---- direct clash. And won't that be worth watching !
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Fair Play » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Well done to Wadey on sticking with the Rams he has consistently shown his loyalty to them. Even turning down around $700 a game in the Hills league. That is surely something to be commended on when so many clubs approach him.
Fair Play

Postby MR JUICY » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Yeah Fair Play it is a rare thing - hat's off to him for sure! Wadey is a good lad with the club at heart! Mind you it did hurt to knock back the offer from the blue and blue in the Hills - ridiculous money being thrown around from them! :evil:
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby MR JUICY » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey Moe, good to see Marion even invading your Morphettville Park page! Love it! Thanks for putting something on here last week - asshole! ;)
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Fair Play » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 pm

MR JUICY wrote:Yeah Fair Play it is a rare thing - hat's off to him for sure! Wadey is a good lad with the club at heart! Mind you it did hurt to knock back the offer from the blue and blue in the Hills - ridiculous money being thrown around from them! :evil:

Couldn't agree more.
Fair Play

Postby aceman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:Ace Man, have you got something against the Roos or have you got the poos because toby left you guys

A new idea for your quiz night W&D, play "Where is he now" or "name his next club" just for fun! Should keep you occupied for a short while.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby Swamp Donkey » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Moe wrote:
Matty Lance gone chasing $$ way out north.

Well he's obviously done his research!
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Panther32 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 am

Looks as though big Seb will get his chance in the League team this year with the Craig Parry going down with a shoulder injury that will sideline him for 3 months.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Panther32 wrote:Looks as though big Seb will get his chance in the League team this year with the Craig Parry going down with a shoulder injury that will sideline him for 3 months.

Word from the Eagles camp is that their other tall timber, Peter Hoban, is going to be groomed as a centre-half forward/back-up ruckman to Seb, so yep, looks like he'll get his chance all right!
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL