Are Edwardstown moving to SFL?

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Are Edwardstown moving to SFL?

Postby Huddo05 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:52 pm

I play for Edwardstown in the A-Grade team and i haven't heard anything in regards to Edwardstown moving to the SFL. I would love to know where this information is coming from?
Huddo05
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Are Edwardstown moving to SFL?

Postby Real McCoy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:22 pm

Hey Huddo05, i wouldn't be advertising the fact that you play A Grade at Townies just at the moment.
Real McCoy
Under 16s

Postby Numbers » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:41 pm

So Huddo, there's no mention at the club of this rumor. It's been around for a couple of weeks and hasn't made it to your club? Doubt that.
Numbers
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Huddo05 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:22 pm

There hasnt been talk among the players so it must be at board level??
Huddo05
Mini-League

Postby Real McCoy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:35 pm

I find it hard to beleive that none of the players have heard this rumour, especially when so many other people have heard about Townies moving to SFL.
Real McCoy
Under 16s

Postby Huddo05 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:09 pm

They may have heard about it like i did on this forum but it hasnt been formally talked about among the players and coach.
Huddo05
Mini-League

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:01 pm

Huddo05 wrote:There hasnt been talk among the players so it must be at board level??

Huddo05 it is definetly at board level, i know that they had a big meeting last week with the board of the SFL.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Huddo05 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:18 pm

Are there any other teams involved besides us in the amature league that are having talks with the SFL? Are there any teams from the SFL that are going to the amature league?
Huddo05
Mini-League

Postby Down&Out » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Huddo all the boys are talking about it in the shower- maybe that is why you haven't heard anything about it!!
Down&Out
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Huddo05 wrote:They may have heard about it like i did on this forum but it hasnt been formally talked about among the players and coach.

that's is very interesting I have a mate who also plays at Edwardstown and I was going to ask him what was the go there with the move to the SFL the next time I saw him

also another point how are they going to fit 4 SAAFL sides into 3 SFL grades??????
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Numbers » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:32 pm

heater31 wrote:
Huddo05 wrote:They may have heard about it like i did on this forum but it hasnt been formally talked about among the players and coach.

that's is very interesting I have a mate who also plays at Edwardstown and I was going to ask him what was the go there with the move to the SFL the next time I saw him

also another point how are they going to fit 4 SAAFL sides into 3 SFL grades??????

Talk is that they might be losing some players should the move happen.

I don't the level of their D grade but is it any good?
Numbers
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:36 am

I have it on good authority that Townies A's B's and an U18 team will be in the SFL next year! Would have been there junior sides as well but has something to do with there agreement with the Metro South league. Could be interesting to see what sort of competition they provide next year and if them coming to the SFL puts off a move by Morphie Parks?
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby FootyMad » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:24 pm

Questionable authority it might be, believe it when I see or it is released officially.
Clubs dont move over night - expecially from Div 1.
Heater great point mate, trying to fit 4 into 3 is difficult and if the Townies lose players they will be A'Graders who want to continue to playing decent footy and will do so at other SAAFL clubs.
This being said means that the SFL wont be bolstered as they wont necessarily be playing this years div 1 team etc.
But Im sure each time they get beaten SFL clubs can boast that they beat a SAAFL Div 1 team though.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Lova » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:49 pm

FootyMad wrote:Questionable authority it might be, believe it when I see or it is released officially.
Clubs dont move over night - expecially from Div 1.
Heater great point mate, trying to fit 4 into 3 is difficult and if the Townies lose players they will be A'Graders who want to continue to playing decent footy and will do so at other SAAFL clubs.
This being said means that the SFL wont be bolstered as they wont necessarily be playing this years div 1 team etc.
But Im sure each time they get beaten SFL clubs can boast that they beat a SAAFL Div 1 team though.

Stop wasting my time with your posts FM. You are a dead set Tosser. Continue to play DECENT FOOTY for other SAAFL cause the SFL hasnt got decent sides. For someone who doesnt think the SFL is decent you spend plenty of time discussing and worrying about it.
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby The Girth » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:26 pm

spot on lova what do you reckon F@$#ing Mad should they move down to the GSFL where all the realy tallented footballers reside and play in a comp that would better suit them and help develop them as a club
The Girth
Under 16s

Postby FootyMad » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:28 pm

Lova your a fat has been that really never was - you continue to miss the point with your ever diminishing brain matter.
Should have the ability to navigate your mouse around your plumpy little belly you would infact have realised that in my previous posts regarding discussions about the SFL I was rather positive.

End of the day no body who actually has an idea about ameature footy of any nature can dispute that should Edwardstown join the SFL it is a step backward for the club playing wise and possibly future wise regarding numbers of players, quality etc.

Lova, grow up, you sound like a sooky little kid, pride in your beloved SFL is one thing stupidity is another and there are no fine lines between them in this case.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby FootyMad » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:34 pm

Girth, nice job with the supporting role.... you clueless little man!
What the hec are you talking about the GSFL for - read the thread idiot, 'Are Edwardstown moving to he SFL'
Clearly you can spell so I take it reading isn't a strong point either... wanker alert!
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:43 pm

its ok footy mad we don't need you to alert us to the fact that your a wanker your opinions tend to show how far up your own arse your head is maybe your mother should have closed her legs and just swallowed that fateful night!
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby The Lova » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:46 pm

FootyMad wrote:Lova your a fat has been that really never was - you continue to miss the point with your ever diminishing brain matter.
Should have the ability to navigate your mouse around your plumpy little belly you would infact have realised that in my previous posts regarding discussions about the SFL I was rather positive.

End of the day no body who actually has an idea about ameature footy of any nature can dispute that should Edwardstown join the SFL it is a step backward for the club playing wise and possibly future wise regarding numbers of players, quality etc.

Lova, grow up, you sound like a sooky little kid, pride in your beloved SFL is one thing stupidity is another and there are no fine lines between them in this case.

I think you will find that sooky little kids revert back to giving people crap about their physical appearance. Does my PC have a web cam that I dont know about. I know you have one cause I get spam emails that direct me too your website. http://www.gayamatuerfootylovers.com. You do realise that when football is mentioned we are talking about how the leagues play the game not how cute they look in their shorts.

Regardless of step forwards/backwards or sideways. You eluded to the fact that SFL footy wasnt decent footy. which doesnt sound too positive to me. As I said You are a tool!!!!
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:06 pm

Huddo05 wrote:I play for Edwardstown in the A-Grade team and i haven't heard anything in regards to Edwardstown moving to the SFL. I would love to know where this information is coming from?

look at the bright side Huddo, if you move across to the SFL you should be able to pencil in a win against smackem and if you play them twice that will be a few more wins than this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL