Bands coming to Adelaide

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Postby Gozu » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:32 pm

The Smith Street Band @ The Gov Wed 23rd Nov

Garbage/The Temper Trap @ Thebarton Theatre Sun 27th Nov

Lime Cordiale @ Fowler's Live Sat 3rd Dec

Nekromantix/Dead Joe/Australian Kingswood Factory @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Thurs 12th Jan

Painters & Dockers @ The Gov Sat 14th Jan

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ Adel Ent Centre Sun 29th Jan

Descendents @ The Gov Thurs 16th Feb

Thrash, Blast & Grind Fest: King Parrot/Revocation/Psycroptic/Whoretopsy/Black Rheno @ Fowler's Live Sun 19th Feb

A Day On The Green: Cyndi Lauper/Blondie/The Clouds/Montaigne/Alex Lahey @ Leconfield Wines, McLaren Vale Sun 9th April

The Whitlams with Adelaide Pops Orchestra @ Festival Theatre Sat 6th May
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Dallas Frasca/Filthy Lucre/Babes Are Wolves @ Jive Fri 18th Nov

Dallas Crane/The Byzantines/Chris Russell @ Jive Sat 26th Nov

Little Wise/Rosie Burgess Band @ Wheatsheaf Hotel Sun 27th Nov

Julien Baker/Mane/Bec Stevens @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Mon 5th Dec

Husky @ Fat Controller Thurs 8th Dec

Deez Nuts/Trash Talk/Grips & Tonic/Days Of Deceit/Hammer Time @ Enigma Bar Fri 13th Jan

Stick To Your Guns/Knocked Loose/Relentless/Reactions @ Fowler's Live Thurs 19th Jan

Woodlock/The Franklin Electric @ Jive Fri 20th Jan

The Front Bottoms/The Hard Aches @ Enigma Bar Sat 21st Jan

Nothing @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Wed 25th Jan

Katy Steele @ Adel Uni Bar Sat 18th Feb

Twelve Foot Ninja @ The Gov Sat 4th March
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:04 pm

I don't think Disturbed even came to Adelaide on their latest tour but singer David Draiman went to Port Lincoln to dive with white pointers.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/distur ... lia-video/
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Phil Jamieson (Grinspoon) @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Fri 9th Dec

Clowns @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Fri 13th Jan

Alexisonfire/Behind Crimson Eyes/The Dirty Nil @ AEC Theatre Fri 13th Jan

Even @ Grace Emily Hotel Fri 20th Jan

Bliss N Eso @ The Gov Fri 10th Feb

Don Henley/Jewel @ Adel Ent Centre Wed 15th Mar

Bec Sandridge @ Rocket Bar Fri 17th Mar

The Mountain Goats @ Grace Emily Hotel Sat 8th Apr

Santana/The Doobie Brothers/Russell Morris @ Botanic Park Sun 9th Apr

The Devil Wears Prada/Being As An Ocean @ Fowler's Live Tues 11th Apr

Spiderbait @ The Gov Fri 21st Apr

Living Colour @ The Gov Wed 17th May
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:01 pm

Of Mice & Men have pulled out of their Australian tour as support for A Day to Remember and have been replaced by Issues from Atlanta.

A Day To Remember/Issues/Tonight Alive @ AEC Theatre Tues 13th Dec
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:18 pm

The Jerry Cans @ Grace Emily Hotel Fri 9th Dec

Baroness/Child/Krypt @ The Gov Mon 12th Dec

Gold Fusion: I Know Leopard/Oscar Key Sung/Ali Barter/Koral & The Goodbye Horses/Jesse Davidson/Sincerely, Grizzly/Glass Skies/Captain Hellfire & The Wretched Brethren/Attila My Honey/Tough Uncle/Poly Low/Todd Sibbin @ Published Arthouse Fri 6th Jan

Blackalicious @ The Gov Sun 12th Feb

Taasha Coates @ Magic Mirror Spiegeltent, Garden of Unearthly Delights Sat 17th Feb

Russell Morris @ GOUD Fri 24th Feb

Renee Geyer @ GOUD Sat 25th Feb

Ross Wilson & The Peacenicks @ GOUD Tues 28th Feb

Ash Grunwald @ GOUD Wed 1st Mar

The Black Sorrows @ GOUD Thurs 2nd Mar

The McClymonts @ GOUD Fri 3rd Mar

Ella Hooper @ GOUD Tues 7th Mar

Olympia @ GOUD Thurs 9th Mar

Storm The Sky @ Enigma Bar Fri 10th Mar

Manu Delago @ GOUD Tues 14th Mar

Things Of Stone & Wood @ GOUD Wed 15th Mar

Katie Noonan & Karin Schaupp @ GOUD Sat 18th Mar & Sun 19th Mar

Spiderbait @ The Gov Thurs 20th Apr (2nd show) & Fri 21st Apr
Gozu
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:59 am

They're getting desperate trying to sell tix for Guns n Roses. 50% off through velocity frequent flyer now.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3925 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Gozu » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Sarah McLeod (The Superjesus)/Tara Carragher/Little Captain @ Crown & Anchor Hotel Sat 24th Dec

Nouvelle Vague @ Her Majesty's Theatre Wed 18th Jan

From Mania To Revolution: A Beatles Tribute To George Martin @ The Gov Thurs 9th Feb

Guns N' Roses/Wolfmother @ Adelaide Oval Sat 18th Feb

The Gooch Palms @ Rocket Bar Fri 24th Feb

Dead Letter Circus @ Adel Uni Bar Sat 11th Mar

Holly Throsby @ Jive Sat 25th Mar

Kingswood @ The Gov Sat 25th Mar

A Day On The Green: Hoodoo Gurus/Violent Femmes/The Whitlams/Tim Rogers/Models @ Annie's Lane, Clare Valley Sat 25th Mar

Melbourne Ska Orchestra @ The Gov Sun 26th Mar

The Mountain Goats @ Fowler's Live Fri 7th Apr & Grace Emily Hotel Sat 8th Apr (sold out)

Helmet @ The Gov Thurs 27th Apr

Vanilla Ice/Salt N Pepa/Color Me Badd/Tone Loc/Coolio/Young MC @ Titanium Security Arena Tues 6th June
Gozu
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:41 pm

That day on the green March 25 sounds awesome! (Except for the Whitlams)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2065 times
Been liked: 3925 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Went to the Crown and Anchor on Friday night to see Phil Jamieson do an acoustic set.

First off, I've been into the Cranchor only when blind and never out in the little back room, really, what a dive that place now is! Top 10 worst toilets I've ever been in. Just wrong.

Two lead up acts got the crowd going, I think the 1st one was Todd Ferguson, playing hard and fast, very angry acoustic originals he was quite the story teller. Can't remember the next bloke, very much a Jeff Buckley clone, so much so he finished with "Everybody here wants you". The 1st act the better of the two.

Then Jamieson.

I think Philip had enjoyed some local Adelaide produce ;) he was slightly under the weather by the time he came on just after 11:30, so too was a very rowdy crowd in a very small room. The crowd kind of took the edge off the performance a little to be honest. Lots of yelling, people telling each other to "shut the **** up" in between songs and Jamieson almost looked a little overwhelmed by how loud the crowd was, he mentioned it twice.

I've seen him perform solo a few times, this was by far the worst venue choice, by a mile. Little disappointed with his "set" too, probably only played about 8 or 9 Grinspoon songs, was on for about 40 minutes and at $35+B/fee it wasn't the best of Phil Jamieson solo's I've been to.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7536 times
Been liked: 10848 times

Postby jakovasaurus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Booney wrote:Went to the Crown and Anchor on Friday night to see Phil Jamieson do an acoustic set.

First off, I've been into the Cranchor only when blind and never out in the little back room, really, what a dive that place now is! Top 10 worst toilets I've ever been in. Just wrong.

Two lead up acts got the crowd going, I think the 1st one was Todd Ferguson, playing hard and fast, very angry acoustic originals he was quite the story teller. Can't remember the next bloke, very much a Jeff Buckley clone, so much so he finished with "Everybody here wants you". The 1st act the better of the two.

Then Jamieson.

I think Philip had enjoyed some local Adelaide produce ;) he was slightly under the weather by the time he came on just after 11:30, so too was a very rowdy crowd in a very small room. The crowd kind of took the edge off the performance a little to be honest. Lots of yelling, people telling each other to "shut the **** up" in between songs and Jamieson almost looked a little overwhelmed by how loud the crowd was, he mentioned it twice.

I've seen him perform solo a few times, this was by far the worst venue choice, by a mile. Little disappointed with his "set" too, probably only played about 8 or 9 Grinspoon songs, was on for about 40 minutes and at $35+B/fee it wasn't the best of Phil Jamieson solo's I've been to.

Saw it was $35 and told em they were dreamin

Glad I gave that one a miss then.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Booney wrote:Went to the Crown and Anchor on Friday night to see Phil Jamieson do an acoustic set.

Then Jamieson.

When I saw he was playing I half considered going but this review Booney has made me glad I didn't waste my time. Grinspoon were outstanding when they supported Cold Chisel last year, glad I didn't follow that great memory up with a bad Phil Jamison solo gig.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10425 times
Been liked: 1544 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Don't be afraid to see Jamieson solo because of this review though.

Saw him at the Promethean years ago ( prior to Grinspoon hiatus ), the Lion, the Ramsgate and each one of them well worth the admission. The Cranker, however, was not a good venue choice and as noted by all but midnight on Friday night the crowd was more or less a mess, just rowdy and I could see Jamieson wasn't enjoying himself either.

Next time, different venue, get along.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:35 am

Gozu wrote:Vanilla Ice/Salt N Pepa/Color Me Badd/Tone Loc/Coolio/Young MC @ Titanium Security Arena Tues 6th June

Nothing like a bit of musical comedy every now and again.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:54 am

Magellan wrote:
Gozu wrote:Vanilla Ice/Salt N Pepa/Color Me Badd/Tone Loc/Coolio/Young MC @ Titanium Security Arena Tues 6th June

Ice, Ice, Baby and Bust a Move were two late 80's / early 90's tracks a teenage lad I know well memorised, they stick with him word for word to this day. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:07 am

Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

Ice, Ice, Baby and Bust a Move were two late 80's / early 90's tracks a teenage lad I know well memorised, they stick with him word for word to this day. ;)

What I want to know is what other songs will Young MC play?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:12 am

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:
Magellan wrote:

What I want to know is what other songs will Young MC play?

Fastest Rhyme, Principal's Office, My name is Young and Get your boogie on for the fans who came along post 2000. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:23 am

His career made it to the millenium? Wow, I thought he got stuck in there 'where are they now' file with Guru Josh in 1990 (it was time for the guru, after all). ;)
Magellan
Coach

Postby saintal » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:33 pm

@Failed Creation did you happen to go and see Katatonia last friday at the gov? Was a great gig, as was Baroness last night at the same venue. :rock:
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 433 times

Postby Gozu » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Pretty loaded Friday night for little old Adelaide.

Katatonia at The Gov
Tortoise at Fowlers
Anti-Flag at the Uni Bar
The Jerry Cans at the Grace
Phil (Grinspoon) at the Kranker
Gozu
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Music