Suggestions for a new song for Port

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Re: Suggestions for a new song for Port

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Plus everyone could still wear their balaclavas...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:20 pm

HH3 wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Ill sing that song proudly.

I also wont have anybody call me fickle.

I didnt call you fickle. The fickle ones are the ones that weren't turning up to AAMI.

When there were 15,000 at games, where were the 35,000 that are suddenly die hard supporters.

I have no problem with Port or what they're doing on field. I've actually barracked for them most games this year.

I didn't make any friends in the final game at Footy Park last year when I questioned "Where the **** have you lot been for the last 3 years?" during a quiet moment.

The answer to this, nobody will know, but.....some of it was our own doing. For instance, you finish down low you get the rubbish time slots. IIRC, 2010/2011 we had a huge amount of 12:40 Sunday games and 4:10 Sunday games. Rubbish time slots that all clubs ( I know Collingwood v Carlton was a Sunday 7:10 game but it shows Sunday nights don't appeal to fans ) struggle to fill the stands with.

2011 we had Melbourne, fellow bottom 4 club, at 12:40 on Mothers Day, that's hardly going to have the turnstiles spinning out of control.

So whilst you claim Port have the most fickle supporter base in the AFL you must also remember sides like Brisbane and Sydney have people drop off as quick as a whip. "Not traditional footy states" will be the reply, well, it's a national competition and if you're going to try and pin the fickle badge on one club you need to look at all 18 in the same manner.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7503 times
Been liked: 10795 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Booney wrote:Well of course, if you're going to take one individual's opinion on Facebook as speaking for all people associated with the same club, then it isn't that particular individual who needs to look at themselves. ;)

Read what I said again, Boondog, you're smarter than that. The post mentioned "many", "here" and "elsewhere".
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:

I didnt call you fickle. The fickle ones are the ones that weren't turning up to AAMI.

When there were 15,000 at games, where were the 35,000 that are suddenly die hard supporters.

I have no problem with Port or what they're doing on field. I've actually barracked for them most games this year.

I didn't make any friends in the final game at Footy Park last year when I questioned "Where the **** have you lot been for the last 3 years?" during a quiet moment.

The answer to this, nobody will know, but.....some of it was our own doing. For instance, you finish down low you get the rubbish time slots. IIRC, 2010/2011 we had a huge amount of 12:40 Sunday games and 4:10 Sunday games. Rubbish time slots that all clubs ( I know Collingwood v Carlton was a Sunday 7:10 game but it shows Sunday nights don't appeal to fans ) struggle to fill the stands with.

2011 we had Melbourne, fellow bottom 4 club, at 12:40 on Mothers Day, that's hardly going to have the turnstiles spinning out of control.

So whilst you claim Port have the most fickle supporter base in the AFL you must also remember sides like Brisbane and Sydney have people drop off as quick as a whip. "Not traditional footy states" will be the reply, well, it's a national competition and if you're going to try and pin the fickle badge on one club you need to look at all 18 in the same manner.

Exactly.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:25 pm

For the worst thread ever, it's rolling along quite nicely.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:25 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:Well of course, if you're going to take one individual's opinion on Facebook as speaking for all people associated with the same club, then it isn't that particular individual who needs to look at themselves. ;)

Read what I said again, Boondog, you're smarter than that. The post mentioned "many", "here" and "elsewhere".

Apologies.

Whilst I haven't seen "many" state it on here, I've not read or glossed over others that have said it elsewhere.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:For the worst thread ever, it's rolling along quite nicely.

The nurses are at 11 pages, so is auto correct.

It's up there though, without question.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Gawd, I didn't expect you all to go of on slanging match about each others supporters.

I just said I thought they should change the song!

Geebus :shock:

FC2 - if you can prove that the song isn't even in their best, I challenge you to do so - just about every other website i've accessed has it a no.1 or in the top 3.

disclaimer: I looked at 3 websites ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2147 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Pretty sure I said "one of" the most fickle. Plus I would question North Melbourne doing this as well, considering our fan base. This is not an attack on Port Adelaide as a club. I don't mind Port. It's more of a bewilderment as to why they picked that song, when Port supporter are notorious for jumping on and off of the bandwagon. (NOT YOU VALLEYS ;) )

I just asked a Port supporter at work if he likes it and he said he does. He reckons the "never tear us apart" thing is startiiiiiiing NOW. ;)

Thats fair enough. If everyone wants to get on board, fine, do it and be proud of it. But you better watch out if Port slides down the ladder and crowds start to drop off again, coz you know what the first things gonna be said? Then the real die hard Port supporters are gonna have to put up with that shit too, all because of these bandwagoners.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Gawd, I didn't expect you all to go of on slanging match about each others supporters.

FC2 - if you can prove that the song isn't even in their best, I challenge you to do so - just about every other website i've accessed has it a no.1 or in the top 3.

Was one of them www.worstsongsofthe80s.com? ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:40 pm

We could use another TISM song, "I might be a c... but I'm not a f... c..." Which has the line of "I might barrack for Port Power but never for the Crows"
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:47 pm

"You'll never tear the bandwagon apart?"

:)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Gawd, I didn't expect you all to go of on slanging match about each others supporters.

You don't need websites to tell you what your favourite song from a particular band should be.

I know this is off the intended topic (as most posts in this thread have become), but here's my favourite INXS songs.

1. The Stairs

(daylight)

2. Just Keep Walking
3. Baby Don't Cry
4. Original Sin
5. Don't Change
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Hang on, I"ll move this to music forum - then it'll become relevant again

FWIW My 5:

1.Never Tear us Apart
2. Mystify
3. Kiss the Dirt
4. Dont Change
5. What you need

C'mon, they could've even slightly changed Black and White, which is more upbeat to get the fans going ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2147 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:52 pm

RustyCage wrote:We could use another TISM song, "I might be a c... but I'm not a f... c..." Which has the line of "I might barrack for Port Power but never for the Crows"

GREAT SONG!

I'd sing that whole song from the rooftops.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:00 pm

HH3 wrote:Then the real die hard Port supporters are gonna have to put up with that shit too

:lol:

Been in it for a while mate, it's only the depth that varies.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:Then the real die hard Port supporters are gonna have to put up with that shit too

:lol:

Been in it for a while mate, it's only the depth that varies.

Do you see where I'm coming from though?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:03 pm

To be very honest, I thought the song was actually pretty cool when I saw it on the tv. Rip off of Liverpool but so what.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:05 pm

HH3 wrote:
Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Pretty sure I said "one of" the most fickle. Plus I would question North Melbourne doing this as well, considering our fan base. This is not an attack on Port Adelaide as a club. I don't mind Port. It's more of a bewilderment as to why they picked that song, when Port supporter are notorious for jumping on and off of the bandwagon. (NOT YOU VALLEYS ;) )

I just asked a Port supporter at work if he likes it and he said he does. He reckons the "never tear us apart" thing is startiiiiiiing NOW. ;)

Thats fair enough. If everyone wants to get on board, fine, do it and be proud of it. But you better watch out if Port slides down the ladder and crowds start to drop off again, coz you know what the first things gonna be said? Then the real die hard Port supporters are gonna have to put up with that shit too, all because of these bandwagoners.

And that I agree with.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:08 pm

valleys07 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Thats fair enough. If everyone wants to get on board, fine, do it and be proud of it. But you better watch out if Port slides down the ladder and crowds start to drop off again, coz you know what the first things gonna be said? Then the real die hard Port supporters are gonna have to put up with that shit too, all because of these bandwagoners.

And that I agree with.

Thats my whole point....just took a while to get there. I knew what I was talking about...thats all that matters :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Music