RIP Glenn Frey

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

RIP Glenn Frey

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:59 am

Founding member of The Eagles, passes away, aged 67.

Musician and founding member of US band The Eagles, Glenn Frey, has died at the age of 67.

The band announced the news on their public Facebook page a short time ago.

They revealed Frey died from complications arising from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia.

Read the full statement from the band below:

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016.

Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia.

The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery.

Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Re: RIP Glenn Frey

Postby Magellan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:07 am

Sad news. Weren't The Eagles out here on tour about a year or so ago? Reckon I recall Glenn Frey looking OK.

Can't say I am the biggest Eagles fan, but sure as sh!t they knew how to write a great song. They really mastered that laid-back, easy listening West Coast AOR sound of the mid to late 70s.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:02 am

Magellan wrote:Sad news. Weren't The Eagles out here on tour about a year or so ago? Reckon I recall Glenn Frey looking OK.

Can't say I am the biggest Eagles fan, but sure as sh!t they knew how to write a great song. They really mastered that laid-back, easy listening West Coast AOR sound of the mid to late 70s.

Yes the Eagles did the History of the Eagles tour.... they did not come to Adelaide, by memory it was Sydney, Brisbane & Melbourne. I went & saw them in Melbourne at Rod Laver Arena in late Feb 2015. Pleased I did now!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Magellan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:31 am

Corona Man wrote:
Magellan wrote:Sad news. Weren't The Eagles out here on tour about a year or so ago? Reckon I recall Glenn Frey looking OK.

Yes the Eagles did the History of the Eagles tour.... they did not come to Adelaide, by memory it was Sydney, Brisbane & Melbourne. I went & saw them in Melbourne at Rod Laver Arena in late Feb 2015. Pleased I did now!

Apparently they sounded fantastic live.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Board index   General Talk  Music