Hogg Premier League 2016

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Hogg Premier League 2016

Postby Hondo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Hondo wrote:Well done CoverKing

I stuffed myself up having 4 trades and had to burn 2 so of course I trade Wells to Buddy and lose 98 points!

Plus Dahl and Greene messed up v Kennedy and Wells who I had until this week

I stuffed up both this and the Elite league with that buddy trade

Strange move that one, Buddy in Tasmania. Ballsy, but strange.

regards,

REB

It was to free up cash to get Bartel or Rich up to Simpson depending how Collins on my bench went

I should have made a bench trade for the cash instead or let Kade go and find a cheaper defender

I think Rich matched Kade anyway in the end

A very bad decision I'm devastated

4 trades left and no issues bar Bartel and I decided to get cute and remove the Buddy POD in both prelims
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: Hogg Premier League 2016

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Preliminary Finals

1st Preliminary Final
Richo Richo Man 2332
Hondo SCC 2289

2nd Preliminary Final
Ben Roflsburgers 2585
Underdogs 2334

There was a sensational boilover not seen since Carlton rolled Essendon in 1999 Finals series when Richo Richo Man knocked off the highly fancied Hondo to win the 1st Preliminary FInal. It doesn't matter what you do there is always someone out there who does it better. I thought I was the king of throwing away a season's work with one trade when I raged traded Robbie Gray but Hondo has well and truly topped me with his effort to bring in Buddy Franklin who promptly turned in a stinker to end Hondo's dreams of a triple crown. Richo Richo in the Grand Final! Whodathunkit!

In the other Prelim the Rolfs showed that THEY are the Danger when they smashed the Underdogs. Benny has been in awesome form in recent weeks and the Rolfs are deserved Grand Finalists. It looks as though Richo needs to find another top scorer just to compete with Benny Boy but who am I to write off Cover King who has survived yet again. It's going to be a fantastic Grand Final and next week we will crown a new Hogg Premier League Champion.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:10 pm

The two teams who will be promoted to Premier League next season are Hips Don't Lie and Buddy Franklin who will play off in the Division I Grand FInal this weekend. Buddy Franklin is the first team in Hogg history to be relegated from Premier League then return to the top flight. Buddy has been in awesome form this year so he's done well to get his spot back in the Premier League. Hips Don't Lie has been in the Hogg system for some time and has finally won his way to the top.

Congratulations to both teams.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Hogg Premier League Grand Final

Grand Final premier.png
Grand Final premier.png (463.85 KiB) Viewed 1498 times

It's been a cracking season in the Hogg Premier League with two heavyweight sides clashing for the right to call themselves the best team in the Premier League for season 2016. Both teams have had similar seasons and during the bye period it looked as though they could both miss the finals. As you can see from the teams listed above Richo appears to be a man short as he doesn't have the same coverage for the suspended Sloane that Benny Rolfs does. I'd back Miller to score more than MacPherson or Phillips.

Also, Richo has Gibbo. Josh Gibson is struggling to remain SuperCoach relevant since Stratton's injury as everyone knows that this chip scab is bog ordinary one on one so his points have dropped away just when Cover King needs them the most. The form of Buddy Franklin must also be worried after his spudathon in Tassie last week. Richo needs a fit and firing Buddy Franklin about as much as the Swans do.

I've also heard some 'Panic Room' whispers about Lachie Neale and Robbie Gray has hardly been a byword for consistency this season. With so many shared players I reckon Benny has the edge and that he'll win this Grand Final and claim his first Premier League title.

My tip - Ben Rolfsburgers.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:52 am

One trade for me. Sloane out for Zac Merrett.

Forward position aswell with Merrett incase buddy misses and then I can get the choice of Macpherson or Phillips whoever scores better. Here's hoping Neale misses
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby CoverKing » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:12 pm

My trade won me the game by 13 points.

Rolfs without a trade meaning Hunter stayed on the field for him and I got Merrett in
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:52 pm

Grand Final

Richo Richo Man 2465
Ben Rolfsburgers 2452

Final Standings

1 Richo Richo Man 14 7 0
2 Ben Rolfsburgers 13 7 1
3 Hondo SCC 15 4 0
4 Underdogs 15 4 0
5 Captain Who? 12 7 0
6 Delicious 11 8 0
7 Longwood Lions 10 8 0
8 Has Been 9 9 0
9 Poon Army 9 8 0
10 Q Before You 9 8 0
11 Ecky's Fevolas 8 8 0
12 Les's Men 7 10 0
13 Honey Badgers 7 10 0
14 Pool Swimmers 6 11 0
15 REBCats 5 11 1
16 SHARKS 4 13 0
17 Cork in the Ocean 4 13 0
18 Squeakeroos 3 14 0

Congratulations to this year's Hogg Premier League champion CoverKing. Love giving him stick but perhaps the Tigers might be keen to contact him for his services after he won more finals in four weeks than Richmond has won in thirty years. Richo's premiership is the best comeback in Hogg Premier History...after 16 rounds Richo Richo Man was 10th and he wasn't even assured a finals berth but five weeks later CoverKing is the HoggKing. Benny Rolfs' 13 point loss represents another near miss as his finals record is now starting to get closer to the infamous losing run of my REBCats. Marvelous stuff that Richo!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Well done CoverKing!
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach