Supercoach

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Supercoach

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:57 am

The other thread is locked plus many of us may have teams in other leagues.

I'm going great guns in this though. Lol. Averaging about 1500. Nathan Bock, Heath Scotland and Adam McPhee all enjoying time on the pine, plus Jordan McMahon and Andrew Raines, My backline is ******.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Supercoach

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 am

My backline is WAP as well. Clint Bartram?! WTF was I thinking?! ](*,) #-o
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Drop Bear » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:07 am

Quichey wrote:My backline is WAP as well. Clint Bartram?! WTF was I thinking?! ](*,) #-o

Haha! Clint who?? :lol:
1. M Hayden.
Drop Bear
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 am

My forward line and midfield is killing it. Backline a bit suspect, but should do ok now. Got rid of Houli and Scott Stevens. Leuenberger has to go from the ruck too. That bloke is useless. He's injured now, so perfect reason to get rid of him.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Hondo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:30 am

I'll say it again ... I reckon SAFooty needs a "Footy Games" forum for DT and SC!

I get stuck on BigFooty's supercoach forum or FanFooty because you get other people's views on conundrums like Liam Anthony

But I reckon there's as good a knowledge of DT and SC within the SAFooty ranks as what's on BigFooty.

REB got me on to FanFooty and it's definitely worth a look every few days for research. The forums don't seem to have enough hits but the 2 main bloggers on the site write articles 2-3 times each week with good tips and advice.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 am

Their live scoring when the game is on is also superb. That site is good.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Hondo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:41 am

silicone skyline wrote:Their live scoring when the game is on is also superb. That site is good.

The live scoring is great I agree. It's hard to not stare at it for the whole game!

I reckon the chat log to the side is a crack-up classic as well - I assume it's all our teenage SC and DTers

They have codes for swearing - f*** = flower, sh** = shower .... "come on Hogde you're flowering useless today" or "Cloke you showerhead are you even alive" =))
Last edited by Hondo on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:42 am

Yeah, and there's one really smart bloke who runs it who comments pretty regularly. Did pick up on the flower thing too. Lol
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:47 am

hondo71 wrote:
silicone skyline wrote:Their live scoring when the game is on is also superb. That site is good.

The live scoring is great I agree. It's hard to not stare at it for the whole game!

I reckon the chat log to the side is a crack-up classic as well - I assume it's all our teenage SC and DTers

They have codes for swearing - f*** = flower, sh** = shower .... "come on Hogde you're flowering useless today" or "Cloke you showerhead are you even alive" =))

Is the live scoring Dream Team scores or Supercoach scores? Last year, www.afl.com.au had live supercoach and dream team scores, but this year, they only have live dream team scores which sucks. If anyone knows of live supercoach scores, let me know. I agree about sitting at the computer for the whole game. I go onto afl.com.au and watch live scoring and listen to the footy on the radio all the time. Drives the missus crazy and she reckons I should get a life.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:48 am

No, only DT because I think the SC scores a bit more complex to post up live. For some reason ...
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
hondo71 wrote:

Is the live scoring Dream Team scores or Supercoach scores? Last year, http://www.afl.com.au had live supercoach and dream team scores, but this year, they only have live dream team scores which sucks. If anyone knows of live supercoach scores, let me know. I agree about sitting at the computer for the whole game. I go onto afl.com.au and watch live scoring and listen to the footy on the radio all the time. Drives the missus crazy and she reckons I should get a life.

i'm glad i'm not the only one that cops it from the missus!!!!! she spits chips bad, we've had some heated discussions about it!!! she likes to read i like to see how MY team's going, simple.
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Interceptor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Interesting story on the battle between the AFLPA-endorsed Dream Team and Super Coach:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,,25324365-7582,00.html

As the article mentions, the AFL has blocked live stats for non Dream Team comps :roll:

This is Monty's take (from the Fan Footy site) on the article:

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/blog/2009/04/15/aflpa-dream-team-document/

BTW, if you do want to hook into a live 'stats call' of a game, try this link when a game is in progress

http://liveplay.championdata.com/applet.html
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Drop Bear » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:20 pm

nuggety goodness wrote: i'm glad i'm not the only one that cops it from the missus!!!!! she spits chips bad, we've had some heated discussions about it!!! she likes to read i like to see how MY team's going, simple.

Solution: Hook her up with a team NG!
1. M Hayden.
Drop Bear
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Jack » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:25 pm

silicone skyline wrote:The other thread is locked plus many of us may have teams in other leagues.

I'm going great guns in this though. Lol. Averaging about 1500. Nathan Bock, Heath Scotland and Adam McPhee all enjoying time on the pine, plus Jordan McMahon and Andrew Raines, My backline is F*****.

Sorry SS, I'm almost embarrassed to say that I got 2404 this round! Almost. ;) God Jr worth every cent of the over $700k as capitan! Yet to let me down... Touch wood! Bring on the league games! \m/
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:28 pm

The Jack wrote:
silicone skyline wrote:The other thread is locked plus many of us may have teams in other leagues.

I'm going great guns in this though. Lol. Averaging about 1500. Nathan Bock, Heath Scotland and Adam McPhee all enjoying time on the pine, plus Jordan McMahon and Andrew Raines, My backline is F*****.

Sorry SS, I'm almost embarrassed to say that I got 2404 this round! Almost. ;) God Jr worth every cent of the over $700k as capitan! Yet to let me down... Touch wood! Bring on the league games! \m/

Gaz has his 150th this weekend. He will be nice and pumped to put in a big one against the Cows. I pity the player that has to run with him Saturday night. Go Cats!!!!
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:20 pm

The Jack wrote:

Gary Ablett as captain? Wow, you're one of the other 609,000 people that have him as captain. What a super coach you are! Lol.

I'm just really jealous. :lol:
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Pup » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:24 pm

The Jack wrote:

There was some huge scores pumped out this round, i only got 2170.

I really regret not having Ablett at the start but ah well. Side is solid enough. I agree Hondo on the SC and DT section.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Interceptor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm a rookie in SC this year and rushed a side together at the last minute.

Finally managed to crack the 2000 mark this week after a number of trades.
Still got problems in defence, while Harvey has been a big disappointment up forward. (play him on the ball Laidley!)

Anyway it's good fun and adds interest each week.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Interceptor wrote:I'm a rookie in SC this year and rushed a side together at the last minute.

Finally managed to crack the 2000 mark this week after a number of trades.
Still got problems in defence, while Harvey has been a big disappointment up forward. (play him on the ball Laidley!)

Anyway it's good fun and adds interest each week.

Try and save your trades for towards the end of the season. It's easy to trade up now, but you will regret it at the end when you have no trades left and your players start going down with injuries. Trust me, it happened to me last year. I was the March champion and April fool.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Interceptor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Try and save your trades for towards the end of the season. It's easy to trade up now, but you will regret it at the end when you have no trades left and your players start going down with injuries. Trust me, it happened to me last year. I was the March champion and April fool.

Yeah I'm wary of that.
Reckon I'll trade more this week and then give it a rest for a while.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy