Houlihan Discussion

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Houlihan Discussion

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Quite a few have him in their teams, so thought it was worth discussing. Named as an emergency this week so cant be far away, Im holding onto him and hoping for some injuries....averaged 85 points before getting dropped!

Luckily Grima has started to get a game and I can afford to start him and put Houlihan on the bench otherwise I would have to trade....

Has the potential to be a nice scorer if he can make the team!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Re: Houlihan Discussion

Postby Dirko » Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Unless he pulls his finger out he may not play for the Blues much this year. Blokes like Robbo, Joseph & Army have overtaken him. Johnson to come back in and probably keep him out too.

I can only see him getting a game when injuries happen or when they need to rest a kid/s....
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Q. » Fri May 22, 2009 3:03 pm

I was that close to putting him in my side a couple of weeks back. Phew.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Thanks Dirko, hmmm if he drops off the emergency list might have to look at a trade there
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dirko » Fri May 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:Thanks Dirko, hmmm if he drops off the emergency list might have to look at a trade there

Be just my like he plays every game for the rest of the year :mrgreen:

Now if Ratts can be convinced to drop Stevo...... :twisted:
Dirko
Coach

Postby Pup » Fri May 22, 2009 3:55 pm

SJABC wrote:Unless he pulls his finger out he may not play for the Blues much this year. Blokes like Robbo, Joseph & Army have overtaken him. Johnson to come back in and probably keep him out too.

I can only see him getting a game when injuries happen or when they need to rest a kid/s....

I think you are pretty harsh on Hoops SJABC.

I find it hard to believe he has been overtaken by theses blokes and therefore will not play much this year. I think he got dropped because he was not performing in areas that he has always lacked and that is the one per centers and work rate, Once those pick up at the Bullies he will be back into the side even if it is at the expense of some of these blokes. Uses the footy beautifully and IMO will be back in the side sooner rather than later.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby BestHumanEver » Fri May 22, 2009 4:04 pm

Traded him yesterday for Franklin. Franklin has got 100 the last 2 weeks and is cheap as hell at the moment.
BestHumanEver

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dirko » Fri May 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Pup wrote:
SJABC wrote:Unless he pulls his finger out he may not play for the Blues much this year. Blokes like Robbo, Joseph & Army have overtaken him. Johnson to come back in and probably keep him out too.

I find it hard to believe he has been overtaken by theses blokes and therefore will not play much this year. I think he got dropped because he was not performing in areas that he has always lacked and that is the one per centers and work rate, Once those pick up at the Bullies he will be back into the side even if it is at the expense of some of these blokes. Uses the footy beautifully and IMO will be back in the side sooner rather than later.

Hoops won't be at the club in the next two years, where as those other blokes will. Nice skills doesn't make up for the fact he won't put his body over the ball.

He's missed the past 3 games, and his Bullant form hasn't been crash hot.
Dirko
Coach

Postby Drop Bear » Fri May 22, 2009 4:15 pm

SJABC wrote: Hoops won't be at the club in the next two years, where as those other blokes will. Nice skills doesn't make up for the fact he won't put his body over the ball.

He's never put his body on the line because he's soft. Doesn't mean he's not a perfect player to set up play from half back, plus he's in my f*cking dream team. Play him Ratten!!
1. M Hayden.
Drop Bear
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pup » Fri May 22, 2009 5:15 pm

SJABC wrote:
Pup wrote:

Hoops won't be at the club in the next two years, where as those other blokes will. Nice skills doesn't make up for the fact he won't put his body over the ball.

Yes he is under the pump but to put a line through him is a bit harsh.

27 and still offers the club something.

His ability to put his body over the football has improved dramatically in the last 4 years and you need players in the side who can open up the game and use the ball by hand and foot yet you seem to rate Johnson a lot higher?
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 26, 2009 12:46 pm

So does he get a game this week? Couple of injuries and surely they need a shake up after last weeks performance? How did he go in the VFL?

I need to make a decision this week I reckon, would like to free up some space to add Ablett now he has dropped a touch
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Q. » Tue May 26, 2009 12:53 pm

He played, didn't rate a mention though. Fisher and Grigg were among their best.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Tue May 26, 2009 2:27 pm

Pup wrote:
SJABC wrote:
Pup wrote:

Yes he is under the pump but to put a line through him is a bit harsh.

27 and still offers the club something.

His ability to put his body over the football has improved dramatically in the last 4 years and you need players in the side who can open up the game and use the ball by hand and foot yet you seem to rate Johnson a lot higher?

Trade bait maybe?? Running set up players are not what Carlton need they need an inside player that will feed it out to these guys. At the moment Judd would be the only one to consistently do this.

This is just my opinion and I haven't seen a heap of Carlton games but this point is what I usually notice they look very good when allowed to play open footy but look very ordinary when teams close them down.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue May 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:This is just my opinion and I haven't seen a heap of Carlton games but this point is what I usually notice they look very good when allowed to play open footy but look very ordinary when teams close them down.

Murphy seems to get the contested ball a bit but then his disposal lets him down. so many times against the crows he spat it out but gave it away. Judd is one of the greats of the game, love his work.
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:This is just my opinion and I haven't seen a heap of Carlton games but this point is what I usually notice they look very good when allowed to play open footy but look very ordinary when teams close them down.

Murphy seems to get the contested ball a bit but then his disposal lets him down. so many times against the crows he spat it out but gave it away. Judd is one of the greats of the game, love his work.

i just cut out too much of ZC's post.... my bad...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Dirko » Tue May 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Didn't do anything for the Ants again, but the way we went on Sat'day may get a call up :roll:
Dirko
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu May 28, 2009 10:44 pm

Hes Bacccccccccck!

Give me a "H" :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby JK » Fri May 29, 2009 9:02 am

Dutchy wrote:Give me a "H" :lol:

C'mon mate you're not at the Arkaba now ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times

Postby Drop Bear » Fri May 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Dutchy wrote:Hes Bacccccccccck!

Give me a "H" :lol:

....and hopefully so is my Backline!
Beautiful. :D
1. M Hayden.
Drop Bear
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:45 pm

those who kept houlihan...like me... phew!!!!
good work from the houly
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy