Higgins - Hold or Heave?

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Higgins - Hold or Heave?

Postby Q. » Tue May 26, 2009 10:37 am

So Higgins' comeback has been pretty damn good, has won a lot of the ball so far this year, but after being out of the game for some time it's obvious that he needs a rest. IMO, his price has peaked and if he isn't given a couple of weeks off by the Bullies I don't like the fact that he'd be playing while carrying such soreness.

Many of us have him in our teams, some of us in the midfield, the smarter ones had him up forward. What are you going to do with Higgins?

Me, I had him in the midfield and I'm looking at swapping with Luke Power because of his price, isn't much more expensive than Higgins because of his up and down start to the year. Obviously capable of racking up big scores, but whether he does is the gamble. If not, I'll look to spend a little more to get someone like Dane Swan, Matty Boyd or Daniel Cross and forego getting Ablett back.

:-?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Higgins - Hold or Heave?

Postby Hondo » Tue May 26, 2009 11:08 am

It's a dilemma - I have him in my forwards and he's been great up until now. The thing is I traded out Krakouer last week because I needed cash for Ablett so to let go of another guy I thought could be a keeper feels painful.

My inclination is to hold him and save the trade until there's better news on his potential injury. However, there's a number of quality forwards at low prices right now (Fev, J Brown, Roughhead, Giansiracusa) so I could get myself a quality replacement.

Quichey, I think forgoing Ablett is too much of a risk because you know in the finals the teams you come up against will have Ablett and he'll be their captain, you'll be trying to guess at one and Ablett will score 150 every final. I guessed Judd last weekend and he scored 66.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Q. » Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 am

I didn't think of those consequences, re Ablett and the finals. Ideally, I would like to get him back upgrading a middle of the road player, but it will probably end up just being a straight swap with the original trade, Bartel, who has been ordinary, just hope the price gap between the two lessens over the next couple of weeks.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on Higgins' physical state, he has been a great pick so far, I just think he needs a couple of weeks more to rest to see out the season fully fit. What will the Bullies do I wonder?
Q.
Coach

Postby Hondo » Tue May 26, 2009 12:04 pm

There's been rumours of a 4-6 week layoff but I'm yet to see anything official. The "injury update" website has him listed as "test" but I think that's from last week.

On Ablett, can you scramble cash some other way and keep Bartel? ie, a downgrade somewhere to Beau Muston or Greg Broughton and then upgrade Otten or Rich (if you have them - or even Higgins) to Ablett? Next week after another price drop for Ablett.

That's been my "get Ablett back" plan. Keep his replacement (in my case, Swan), do a cash grab somewhere (in my case Krak-Sidebottom) and then upgrade Rich-Ablett next week.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Q. » Tue May 26, 2009 12:17 pm

I reckon that is last week's injury list, they haven't released one this week - they seem to be coming out later and later. Listening to Doc Larkin on Sunday morning's is good for revealing a little bit more about players, he didn't like the look of Higgins.

A cash grab is definitely on the cards, probably Beams for one of several I'm watching, but I still have $250K spare anyway. TBH, I'm not in a rush to get Ablett back, will do it when the price is right. I still have confidence in my team, it's coming together nicely and should still score 2000+ most weeks. Selwood as captain has been reliable so far.
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 26, 2009 12:23 pm

One week I've got a gun forward line and the next I'm looking at donuts for Chapman, Higgins AND Krakouer. Can't afford to trade either. :(

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Gingernuts » Tue May 26, 2009 12:45 pm

I'll probably hold, just cause I can't afford to trade. I have Taylor Walker and Brown (WC) on the bench who are playing at the moment, not posting very good scores but better than fielding a 0 at least. :roll:

On the positive at least Bock is back this week.
Gingernuts
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Q. » Thu May 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Higgins selected on I/C. My bet is he'll be a late withdrawal.
Q.
Coach

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:47 pm

kept higgy and just a lazy 120. i turned 1300 into 2200 in one week with one trade!!!!
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:29 am

I went from 1780 to 2320 with no trades. Scores were up all around this week. Happy to have not heaved Higgins but I'm worried about Krak even though he got 70 this week.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby White Line Fever » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:45 pm

Krakour?
His late withdrawal hurt me last week but i heard it was just general soreness.
Hes there link man out of defence and they need him atm so hopefully he stays sound.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy