Jumped the Shark

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Jumped the Shark

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed May 27, 2009 8:33 am

This is the thread for those players who might have already racked up their highest scores and could be about to head into a spiral for one reason or another causing a loss of value and points.

Krak. Opposition teams are putting time into him now and his last two scores have been lower than some of his earlier outstanding efforts. Missed last week to freshen him up a bit or so I believe.

Higgins. Another player who has zoomed in value but looked really proppy last week against the Cats. He clearly isn't over that groin injury and Higgins hasn't got a good history for being able to stay on the park. He has shown us all this year what he can do when he can string games together but his latest injury is a reminder of his unrelability.

Chapman. Injuries dog the talented cat and even though he will score big points when he plays, if he continues to collect injures the drop off in points will result in a big drop off in player value. I'm really hoping obviously that Chapman hasn't jumped the shark.

Hill. Many lightly built players in their first year go gangbusters during the first couple of months only to fall away as the year progresses. Hill has had only a few boom matches but won't take long to fall away as he isn't exactly Arnie out there. This guy is probably in the 'not quite' as far as Jumped the Shark status goes.

Houlihan. Now that Waite has gone for the year this might open the door for Houlihan a bit (remember though that Scotland was out last week as well for the Blues which shows that Hoops is a fair way down the pecking order at Craptus Oval) but when he returns his role might be a bit more of a defensive one. An example of this situation is best illustrated by Andrew Mackie. When Harley and Milburn are available Mackie can be more creative and rack up the points but when Mackie has to stay home in the backline his points plummett. Houlihan was best value as a forward but now with Waite gone that option is no longer open to the Bluebaggers.

Watch this space for more, and they'll probably all be in my bloody team!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Re: Jumped the Shark

Postby Q. » Wed May 27, 2009 9:04 am

Hill's light frame is a worry, but with the break coming up, I still think he's worth a few more games. Has he got a Rising Star nomination yet? I don't think so, we are yet to see his best game of the year I reckon.

Have Higgins and Krak, will be looking to trade them out and settle my team.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Dutchy » Wed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Gibbs is over priced IMO, Im looking at trading him out and getting Ablett, Gibbs had 2 great weeks but is more a 80/90 point player I reckon, for about $50k more I can trade him for Ablett...

Time to look closely at the rookies and 2nd year players that have performed well but will hit the wall in the next few rounds
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby JK » Wed May 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:Gibbs is over priced IMO, Im looking at trading him out and getting Ablett, Gibbs had 2 great weeks but is more a 80/90 point player I reckon, for about $50k more I can trade him for Ablett...

Time to look closely at the rookies and 2nd year players that have performed well but will hit the wall in the next few rounds

Im not sure about Gibbs .. As with many younger players will have some weeks better than others, but he's pretty reliable in terms of injury and taking the field - As the remaining trades lower it's important I reckon to take blokes who generally suit up week in and week out, if indeed Ablett does have a mild OP/Groin he could cause more headaches for punters again this season.

Following those thoughts I reckon Joel Corey is about as reliably productive as they come.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Hondo » Wed May 27, 2009 1:05 pm

In my team, Daniel Rich will have run his race by next week when he goes out for Ablett. He may still have more $$ to go but I can't wait for it.

Ditto Taylor Walker who seems to have maxed out at $250K. I plan on swapping him this week for Buddy Franklin

Higgins = aarrgghhhhh = can't decide!!!!!

Krak I let go last week
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Johno6 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Im gonna get rid of taylor walker soon... i wanna bring in leon davis upforward
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu May 28, 2009 8:32 am

Got rid of Taylor Walker and Travis Tuck last week for Sidebottom and Rioli. I was very close to putting Daniel Rich on the Jumped the Shark list but he has a stronger body than Palmer did this time last year and should finish the season more strongly. I still believe that Rich isn't a bad number six mid if other areas of your team require more attention.

With Krak, Higgins and Chapman up front for me, it's my forward line that is giving me headaches with my ruck and backline set.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:55 pm

Shannon Byrnes?

Ive had great service from him, picked him up at $311k and now $515k which is overpriced IMO, had an ordinary day yesterday and has a hand injury, Im thinking of trading him out for Stevie J (presuming his is OK) or Chapman, now is the time for the hardened/seasoned bodies to be in your team as the kids start to get heavy legs
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby silicone skyline » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Cale Hooker and Nathan Grima have just about reached their peak IMO
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Beams and Dangerfield?

I have both on my midfield bench and want to bring in Liam Anthony for a cash splash, just not sure who to trade out. Dangerfield doesn't score highly but is consistent about his average and appears in good favour with Neil Craig. Beams has been scoring better since his return and his BE is low and price will increase, however, his permanency in the Collingwood team is not so certain.

At least this is a positive conundrum, not too many of them about so far this year.
Q.
Coach

Postby rogernumber10 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Daniel Rich. Lot of teams putting work into him now
Roger Woodcock -- 602 goals from a forward flank makes you a legend.
rogernumber10
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 pm

silicone skyline wrote:Nathan Grima have just about reached their peak IMO

Probably reached his peak but will play the rest of the year and will get plenty of the ball, averaging 88 in the last 3 games therefore well worth keeping, esp if you picked him up at $86k 8)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Hondo » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:21 pm

They may not have jumped the shark but some low scores on the weekend will offer up some bargains heading into finals:

H-Mac
Boomer Harvey
Goodes
Sam Mitchell
Pendlebury
Leon Davis
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby silicone skyline » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Rucks already set with Jolly and Petrie, also already have Mitchell and Davis.

If I had one trade left I would pick up Pendlebury. Goodes is a better Supercoach player IMO
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:55 pm

hondo71 wrote:They may not have jumped the shark but some low scores on the weekend will offer up some bargains heading into finals:

H-Mac
Boomer Harvey
Goodes
Sam Mitchell
Pendlebury
Leon Davis

The thing to be careful of now (well not just now, but in about 3 weeks time) is how AFL clubs handle their player management ... Those with the luxury of being assured finals might rest a few star players here and there, and those who have put the cue in the rack generally put their bigger names in cotton wool for 2010.

Meaning as Dreamteamers we need to be savvy on the state of a player AND his AFL club when trading/selling ... Also becomes a good time to get a bit of cheap depth on the bench that should see more game time than originally expected.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:40 am

Greg Broughton :shock:

What a gun. Hasn't peaked just yet, BE is still ridiculously low. He is my best defender at the moment (on averages) and in a couple of weeks one could just about sideways trade for Goddard.
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 pm

rogernumber10 wrote:Daniel Rich. Lot of teams putting work into him now

104 last week. The kid has a strong body and will finish much stronger than say Palmer did last season. Unlike Palmer, he can also kick it properly.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy