Chad Cornes' arthroscopy

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Chad Cornes' arthroscopy

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Verdict is he needs arthroscopic surgery on his knee and will miss at least a month. Who has him and what are ya gonna do?

Seems like a no-brainer to trade him if you can afford to and an upgrade is probably the way to go. Me, I will sit him on the bench for at least this week (looks like I should have a couple of easy matches in my two leagues) and make a decision from week to week based on necessity. Kinda hoping that Matty Maguire gets a gig soon - C'MON ROSS LYON!!!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Chad Cornes' arthroscopy

Postby wycbloods » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 pm

i heard on the news that he may miss up to 6 so i will be trading him to keep out of the relegation zone.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:24 am

My reserves are Broughton and Dawson who have been racking up good scores so it's Chadley to the bench for mine. In SC I'm covered but I'm in a world of hurt in DT.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Q. » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:54 am

6 weeks! Bugger that. Going to have to burn a trade.
Q.
Coach

Postby Hondo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:55 am

They said 4 weeks on the radio this morning which would mean only 3 games because of the mid season break

We'll know more later in the week I hope

I won't be trading him this week and may simply bench him until we have a better idea of how long he will be out. I already traded out Hodge and I heard he won't be back now until round 13 or 14. I'll need Rance to come back and then no more injuries because I am also carrying Michael Hurley on my bench.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Cornes out Newman in - first Richmond player in either of my DT/SC teams :shock:

Did all the sums in my head and thought I had enough to get Goddard, only to be $300 short :(
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 am

Already have Newman. Considering two options:

A. Go for a player of same or slightly less price and keep the spare cash I have. Possibilities are Fisher, Bowden, Birchall, Enright or Adcock (Leaning toward one of the latter two).

B. Upgrade to Goddard, Drummond or Lockyer, but have little spare cash left.

Not a trade that has to be done this week, will look at the BEs of those players and see if any are likely to drop after this round.
Q.
Coach

Postby Hondo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:00 am

on 5AA last night Graeme Cornes said it will likely be 6 weeks. They were happy with how the operation went yesterday but it will still be 6 weeks.

So we are looking at round 15-16 and then a few weeks to get back up to speed. The hold option isn't looking so good.

I might delay it 1-2 weeks but the problem I may have this weeked is 2 donuts if Rance doesn't come back and Gilbert doesn't come up. May force me to move this week.
Hondo
Coach

Postby unknown source » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:My reserves are Broughton and Dawson who have been racking up good scores so it's Chadley to the bench for mine. In SC I'm covered but I'm in a world of hurt in DT.

regards,

REB

good reserves to have.. ive got him (Chad Cornes) looks like im going to have to get rid of him.. but my plan was to get ablett next week and get this ive only got 3 trades left lol

didnt look to into with injuries at the start of the year and it cost me with making trades each week. fingers cross some thing pays off for me soon.. still scoring decent scores though
unknown source
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby unknown source » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Dutchy wrote:Cornes out Newman in - first Richmond player in either of my DT/SC teams :shock:

Did all the sums in my head and thought I had enough to get Goddard, only to be $300 short :(

unlucky..
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Having an Arthroscopy doesn't actually mean there is anything specific wrong.
It is sticking in a scope to have a look around and see whether anything can be seen that may be causing whatever discomfort he has.
Someone not playing sport for a living might be told simply to rest the knee for a few weeks and have it investigated if it doesn't settle down.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby CK » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Cornes out, Goddard in...fortunately still have around $200K up my sleeve after that but hate burning trades like that :?
Can you guess where I'm calling from, the Las Vegas Hilton...
CK
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:22 am

Cornes OUT, Enright IN.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:54 am

REB, I think you have said it before, but doesn't it worry you that with the injuries to Geelong's defenders someone like Enright will have to play that KPP role back there and won't have the freedom to score big?
Q.
Coach

Postby unknown source » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:00 am

Quichey wrote:REB, I think you have said it before, but doesn't it worry you that with the injuries to Geelong's defenders someone like Enright will have to play that KPP role back there and won't have the freedom to score big?

though Enright was out also
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:08 am

unknown source wrote:
Quichey wrote:REB, I think you have said it before, but doesn't it worry you that with the injuries to Geelong's defenders someone like Enright will have to play that KPP role back there and won't have the freedom to score big?

Probably thinking of Joel Corey, he missed last week and has been named on an extended bench.
Q.
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 am

Had dramas early in the week with Cornes out and wanting to get Gazza in so burned my trades, but pleasant suprise last night with Campbell, Grima, Power & Watts who have all been on my bench last week getting a game :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby unknown source » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:16 am

Quichey wrote:
unknown source wrote:

Probably thinking of Joel Corey, he missed last week and has been named on an extended bench.

your prob right sorry :D
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby Hondo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:40 pm

I've got my eye on a cheaper Luke Hodge in a few weeks time to replace Chad

If Hodge was playing under injury from the start then, in theory, if he's fit now he could get back to elite level scoring

Will watch him the next couple of weeks anyway. I have a donut this week because Gilbert is also injured. I could replace Chad now but would rather wait and see how Hodge goes. Gilbert should only be 1 week by the sounds.
Hondo
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm Catting up mate. No other team consistently racks up so many possessions. Cornes has been a disappointment all year long so Enright should be able to get more points than him easily and I managed to bank 25 grand as well. My main worry was Corey who has been sent to the backline but it hasn't stopped him scoring either. I reckon Enright is about to hit his straps. A player who has emerged this year to make that happen is David Johnson who is desperate to grab his chance.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy