Dream or Super Coach and why

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Dream Team or Supercoach

Dream Team
53%
Supercaoch
47%

Total votes : 17

Dream or Super Coach and why

Postby unknown source » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:40 am

whats your favourite and why?
unknown source
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Dream or Super Coach and why

Postby auto » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:27 am

No reason cept thats what ive always done tho the lasty couple of years ive attempted supercoach but lost interest after a week or two. AFL dreamteam number one!
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:25 pm

SuperCoach everytime. The scoring system takes into account disposal efficiency and also impact on the overall result.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Hondo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:36 pm

I've not done DT so can't do a comparison other than from what I can tell the scoring system is better in SC for the reasons REB mentioned. The scoring system in SC also discount the old "junk time" nothing stats that pump up scores in DT which I think is a good thing.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Ingall » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Supercoach

Racking up possessions can often be a matter of just being in the right place at the right time. Once you've got the ball though, effective disposals are what hurts the opposition and is a much better measure of a players skill.
Crooked as a hooker.
Now suck my thumb.
Anybody wanna come get some?
Ingall
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Groover » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Dream Team because it has Eliminator and it was my original fantasy football game. Nothing else really matches up, another good one is ultimate footy dream team, has the option to have a live draft! http://www.ultimatefooty.com/home
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 am

Groover wrote:Dream Team because it has Eliminator and it was my original fantasy football game. Nothing else really matches up, another good one is ultimate footy dream team, has the option to have a live draft! http://www.ultimatefooty.com/home

Interesting isn't it, most american fanatsy sports are done that way these days, everyone who signs up to the league meets online at an agreed time and do a national draft for there players (computer generates draft pick order). No team has the same player which is great, if you can't make that date you can prioritise your players the computer will pick your top priority available at each selection. There is no salary cap you just pick from the available players left at your turn.

I did this for fantasy NFL it was great, takes alot of strategy though.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Groover » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:29 am

whufc wrote:
Groover wrote:Dream Team because it has Eliminator and it was my original fantasy football game. Nothing else really matches up, another good one is ultimate footy dream team, has the option to have a live draft! http://www.ultimatefooty.com/home

Interesting isn't it, most american fanatsy sports are done that way these days, everyone who signs up to the league meets online at an agreed time and do a national draft for there players (computer generates draft pick order). No team has the same player which is great, if you can't make that date you can prioritise your players the computer will pick your top priority available at each selection. There is no salary cap you just pick from the available players left at your turn.

Really enjoyable way to do it though, I tell you what the last 15 minutes before the actual draft are always the looooongest!
Groover
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:52 am

Groover wrote:
whufc wrote:

Really enjoyable way to do it though, I tell you what the last 15 minutes before the actual draft are always the looooongest!

Yeah in the NFL draft i was involved in i was lucky enough to get the number one draft pick, not knowing lots about the NFL i think i had thought about picking every single player at some stage in that last fifteen minutes before the draft.
whufc
Coach

Postby Groover » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:59 am

whufc wrote:
Groover wrote:
whufc wrote:

Yeah in the NFL draft i was involved in i was lucky enough to get the number one draft pick, not knowing lots about the NFL i think i had thought about picking every single player at some stage in that last fifteen minutes before the draft.

The way they set these mini drafts up should be the same way the afl do it. For example 1st pick in first round gets last pick in 2nd round, makes things alot more even and fair IMO
Groover
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:29 pm

yeah that would be a great way of alloting picks and would more than likely be the fairest way, great idea.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Live scoring in DT - dunno why they cant do that in DT :(
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Hondo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 pm

The theory goes that the AFL have stopped Virtual Sports (or whatever they are called) doing live SC scores so that they can claim it as an advantage of doing their comp (DT) over the Herald Sun's (SC).
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby A Mum » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:Live scoring in DT - dunno why they cant do that in DT :(

Hey Dutchy - you should join safooty.net dream team :idea:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=26413&p=935769#p935769

O:)

(Attention REB have cottoned on to your poaching ideas) ;)
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Postby unknown source » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:34 pm

i find supercoach makes you look better but the tougher league is dream team
unknown source
League - Top 5

Been liked: 1 time

Postby blink » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:12 pm

I've participated in both SuperCoach and Dream Team over the past few years and believe SuperCoach just has the edge over Dream Team, for the reasons REB mentioned earlier. Dream Team does have the advantage of the live score updates though...
blink
League - Best 21

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy