2010 Round 1 scores

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: 2010 Round 1 scores

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:01 pm

white line fever wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
CoverKing wrote:Interesting to note, the highest ranked side from round 1 was a side that didnt include Gary Ablett

It will be even more interesting to see if that's the case come the end of the comp. I'm tipping the winner has Gazza. If Gazza goes North next year I'll be keeping away from him that's for sure.

regards,

REB

Because of his price / ability to score OR because you will be heartbroken :lol:

The former. While he will cease to exist to me if goes for the coin, (he'll just be another Judd) the main reason for staying away would be the amount of coin he will lose SC coaches. Geelong give Gazza extra time to dispose of the ball effectively as they tend to protect him a bit. Players like Scarlo, Ling and Rooke are fellows who will routinely bump Ablett's man away from the champ so he can set up play for the Cats. Geelong also like to get the ball into Gazza's hands as often as possible which is a pretty sound strategy if you ask me.

So if he goes North, he'll retain a high asking price because he'll average well again this year. But for the Coast there will be no Scarlo, Ling or Rooker to pick off the mozzies that will come after him. Plenty will point to Judd and say 'his score didn't drop' but the West Coast game plan of 2006 is not the Geelong game plan of 2007-10. I reckon Gazza will be the biggest reverse cash cow in the history of SC if he goes to Gold Coast next year.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby White Line Fever » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:10 pm

Interesting theory.

I really don't think he will go anyway.
Too much history.
I think Bartel is better than Ablett anyway, it's just Supercoach that doesn't agree with me!
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:37 am

white line fever wrote:Interesting theory.

I really don't think he will go anyway.
Too much history.
I think Bartel is better than Ablett anyway, it's just Supercoach that doesn't agree with me!

Neither do I. 8)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy