Round 6 trades

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 6 trades

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm

well it's Tuesday already and i'm planning on my trades for this week...

i want Judd, Hodge, O'Keefe and i'll be happy. i've got a squad which is all on the park and a couple of tweaks and she'll be right...

this week is Judd, before he goes up in price, so seriously considering J Brown's future right now. he looks in a bad way and will only be on one leg or not playing at all, which isn't good considering he was my IN for Reiwoldt!!! that sucks, oh well...

so my plan is

Brown OUT - Petterd/Ziebell/Staker (fwd/mid) IN

substitute Higgins into FWDS, Petterd/Ziebell/Staker into mids

Petterd/Ziebell/Staker or Jetta OUT - Judd IN

we'll see how it all pans out over the next couple days. i'll make a decision later on, obviously...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Re: Round 6 trades

Postby unknown source » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:19 pm

so are most people getting rid of brown this week? how do people feel about Colin Sylvia from Melbourne
unknown source
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Q. » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Judd seems to be the main target for upgrade. What are our other options in his current price range.

Judd's partner in crime, Marc Murphy has a BE of 144. Judd or Murphy? IMO opinion Murphy consistently posts tons, Judd can have the odd 80 point game. They are about the same price at the moment.

Montagna and Dal Santo have relatively high BEs (150+), which aren't out of the question, but there is a good chance they'll continue to drop in price a little. Would be nice to pick up Montagna for under $600K.

Didak appears to have bottomed out on price, a fairly low BE of 86 now and at a reasonable price of $513K. There is also ball magnet Swan, who hasn't been his prolific self as yet, similarly priced to Judd, with a BE of 144.

Bartel in Judd's price range, but if there is a repeat of him playing forward like he did on Monday, then no thanks. Selwood you can count on to average 100-110 for the year, has a BE of 152. I think both of them will still drop a bit in price. Selwood at $500K looks a nice pickup.

Boyd was in fine form until his hand op. How will it affect his comeback, can we expect a low score or two when he returns. A 'wait and see' for me.

Lastly, who to trade out. At this stage it's out of Shuey and Bastinac for me. I can't get a straight answer on Shuey's knee injury. What i do know is his BE is 1, so if and when he returns he still has some coin to make. Bastinac's BE is 64. The question is whether he can top that this week. The answer is two fold. If he can pump out an 80-100, not only does he make a decent score for you on field, but he'll rise again in price. However, if he fudges the game, you lose out on points and money.

Judd is now or never, but let's not get caught chasing last week's points. If you pick him you pick him on a two games of form. There are others that have great averages over 5 games. A difficult decision this week.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby CoverKing » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Im really happy with how my side is travelling, and with 17 trades and 120k in the bank im considering making a 2 trade to get Judd into the midfield. For me to do this, i will need to downgrade Trengove to a Fyfe (who posted a ton on debut) and then upgrading Martin to Judd. This will leave me with a midfield of, Ablett (c), Murphy, Judd, Barlow, Boyd, Pendlebury!

However, im also thinking of trying to O'Keefe into the forward mix. I have 3 people that are trade bait in the forward line, and they are Gumbleton, Medhurst and Ziebell. I could downgrade either of them to Phil Davis who is posting really well at the moment and about to go up in price, and then upgrade another to O'Keefe. At this same stage, im looking at Franklin (even though he burnt me badly last year). His price of $460 odd k is damn good, especially with the month ahead being Essendon, WCE, Richmond and Carlton. He has the ability to post 120+ in a couple of those if not all of those.

Another trade im looking at, is trying to bring in Luke Hodge into my defence, my weak point. These are the goals in the next 5 weeks or so, to bring in Hodge, Judd, ROK and Franklin. If i can do that i will be very satisfied with the side il be putting on the park!!
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby the big bang » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:33 pm

unknown source wrote:so are most people getting rid of brown this week? how do people feel about Colin Sylvia from Melbourne

would have to jump on before his price rises after next week. I've had him from the start.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:05 am

OR

Bust-a-nut to JKT

Nabs you $170K

If JKT plays a couple of more half decent games, he'll reach Bastinac's current price and you can make a better upgrade with the cash.
Q.
Coach

Postby White Line Fever » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:32 am

I need advice.
I'm yet to break the 2000 mark and i've devoted countless hours to this team :evil:
I've burned 7 trades and my team still keeps spudding it up.
Should i hold my trades for awhile or upgrade a rookie, ie. Hanneberry for Judd?
I think i will keep Browny, maybe give him a week on bench then he should be right to go again.
This week should help with Gram & Krakouer back in.

1. Gilbee (DEF) 113
2. Waters (DEF) 106
3. O'Brien (DEF) 82
4. Maguire (DEF) 93
5. Ladson (DEF) 69
6. Hurn (DEF) 91
7. Morris (DEF) 54
8. Ablett (MID) (Capt) 342
9. Barlow (MID) 132
10. Watson (MID) (VC) 80
11. Thompson (MID) 83
12. Martin (MID) 100
13. Hannebery (MID) 36
14. McIntosh (RUC) 76
15. Tippett (RUC) 68
16. Brown (FWD) 39
17. Betts (FWD) 107
18. Kennedy (FWD) 89
19. Ballantyne (FWD) 117
20. Medhurst (FWD) 46
21. Dangerfield (FWD) 51
22. LeCras (FWD) 13

TOTAL SCORE: 1,987
NON-SCORING PLAYERS

1. Krakouer (DEF) 0
2. Schoenmakers (DEF) (Emerg) 63
3. Gram (MID) 0
4. Jetta (MID) (Emerg) 69
5. Trengove (RUC) 0
6. Stanley (RUC) 0
7. Podsiadly (FWD) (Emerg) 68
8. Hitchcock (FWD) 0

Your Completed Trades
ROUND 5
OUT T.Walker ($258,000) IN Podsiadly ($83,400)
OUT Kerr ($387,100) IN Hannebery ($315,000)
ROUND 4
OUT j.Riewoldt ($364,000) IN Brown ($579,500)
OUT van Berlo ($419,100) IN Gram ($430,200)
ROUND 3
OUT Hall ($366,000) IN Ballantyne ($268,900)
OUT A.Walker ($268,700) IN Barlow ($111,400)
ROUND 2
OUT Koschitzke ($402,300) IN Betts ($399,100)
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:35 am

Quichey wrote:Judd seems to be the main target for upgrade. What are our other options in his current price range.

Judd's partner in crime, Marc Murphy has a BE of 144. Judd or Murphy? IMO opinion Murphy consistently posts tons, Judd can have the odd 80 point game. They are about the same price at the moment.

Montagna and Dal Santo have relatively high BEs (150+), which aren't out of the question, but there is a good chance they'll continue to drop in price a little. Would be nice to pick up Montagna for under $600K.

Didak appears to have bottomed out on price, a fairly low BE of 86 now and at a reasonable price of $513K. There is also ball magnet Swan, who hasn't been his prolific self as yet, similarly priced to Judd, with a BE of 144.

Bartel in Judd's price range, but if there is a repeat of him playing forward like he did on Monday, then no thanks. Selwood you can count on to average 100-110 for the year, has a BE of 152. I think both of them will still drop a bit in price. Selwood at $500K looks a nice pickup.

Boyd was in fine form until his hand op. How will it affect his comeback, can we expect a low score or two when he returns. A 'wait and see' for me.

Lastly, who to trade out. At this stage it's out of Shuey and Bastinac for me. I can't get a straight answer on Shuey's knee injury. What i do know is his BE is 1, so if and when he returns he still has some coin to make. Bastinac's BE is 64. The question is whether he can top that this week. The answer is two fold. If he can pump out an 80-100, not only does he make a decent score for you on field, but he'll rise again in price. However, if he fudges the game, you lose out on points and money.

Judd is now or never, but let's not get caught chasing last week's points. If you pick him you pick him on a two games of form. There are others that have great averages over 5 games. A difficult decision this week.

1. Judd is not now or never. He wont' go up in price too much but guys like Bastaniac might. However with your shaky league position you may need to make a few moves.

2. Selwood is nowhere his best at the moment. He has been a bit down this season.

3. Don't trade out Shuey yet, he's on the bubble. Too serious said 'Round 7 - knee' so even if it takes him a couple of extra weeks then that is worth hanging on to him.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:57 am

white line fever wrote:I need advice.
I'm yet to break the 2000 mark and i've devoted countless hours to this team :evil:
I've burned 7 trades and my team still keeps spudding it up.
Should i hold my trades for awhile or upgrade a rookie, ie. Hanneberry for Judd?
I think i will keep Browny, maybe give him a week on bench then he should be right to go again.
This week should help with Gram & Krakouer back in.

1. Gilbee (DEF) 113
2. Waters (DEF) 106
3. O'Brien (DEF) 82
4. Maguire (DEF) 93
5. Ladson (DEF) 69
6. Hurn (DEF) 91
7. Morris (DEF) 54
8. Ablett (MID) (Capt) 342
9. Barlow (MID) 132
10. Watson (MID) (VC) 80
11. Thompson (MID) 83
12. Martin (MID) 100
13. Hannebery (MID) 36
14. McIntosh (RUC) 76
15. Tippett (RUC) 68
16. Brown (FWD) 39
17. Betts (FWD) 107
18. Kennedy (FWD) 89
19. Ballantyne (FWD) 117
20. Medhurst (FWD) 46
21. Dangerfield (FWD) 51
22. LeCras (FWD) 13

TOTAL SCORE: 1,987
NON-SCORING PLAYERS

1. Krakouer (DEF) 0
2. Schoenmakers (DEF) (Emerg) 63
3. Gram (MID) 0
4. Jetta (MID) (Emerg) 69
5. Trengove (RUC) 0
6. Stanley (RUC) 0
7. Podsiadly (FWD) (Emerg) 68
8. Hitchcock (FWD) 0

Your Completed Trades
ROUND 5
OUT T.Walker ($258,000) IN Podsiadly ($83,400) - You burnt a trade just to put Pods on the bench
OUT Kerr ($387,100) IN Hannebery ($315,000) - Smart move as Kerr is gone.
ROUND 4
OUT j.Riewoldt ($364,000) IN Brown ($579,500) - Browny a gun but you got him a week late. By waiting until Round 4 his price rose. J Riewoldt a very dodgy initial selection.
OUT van Berlo ($419,100) IN Gram ($430,200) - A reasonable trade but to trade for Barlow would have been the better option - you were unlucky with Gram. It was common knowledge though that Van Berlo was struggling pre-season with injury. You need to do your research before you pick your initial squad.
ROUND 3
OUT Hall ($366,000) IN Ballantyne ($268,900) - Shocking trade as I've mentioned before.
OUT A.Walker ($268,700) IN Barlow ($111,400) - Another poor trade as Walker was an underpriced midfielder. You should have traded out Van Berlow for Barlow instead.

ROUND 2
OUT Koschitzke ($402,300) IN Betts ($399,100) - Kosi is extremely inconsistent and not a a good SC option at all. Betts a good replacement though.

Your problem is that you are burning trades picking up players who scored points last week, you need players in your side who are going to score points THIS week. You are doing what is called 'sideways trading' which is trading like for like.

Your initial squad was not good so that put you behind the eight ball from the start. You need to identify who your 'keepers' are and give them time to find form and be prepared to cop the occaisional shit score.

Trading strategy

1. Must always have an upside (see my comments above)
2. You brought in Hannebury last week and you want to trade him out this week? That's madness my friend. Your midfield is OK. Remember, you can't have em all.
3. Don't trade away players who you have identified as keepers.
4. NO TRADES THIS WEEK. You are trading and losing. Risk a loss without making any trades. Save a few trades and you'll pick up wins later in the year. Bring on Krak, Gram and Pods this week (if Browny misses).
5. Look at MPP options. Seeing as you have already used 7 trades you are going to be light on. When you next trade look for players who can play in more than one line to avoid donuts later on in the year.

Your team is not that bad and your score last week was a good one for a side that had Jonathon Brown. Don't trade Browny this week and pray that Bomber Thompson gives the Pod a chance against the Tigers as he will gun it against them. If Brown spends some time on the sidelines then you can think about a replacement.

Judge your team's performance by the scores you have been getting rather than Darcy or The Underdogs. This game is easy to play but hard to master. If I ever manage it, I'll let you know.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby White Line Fever » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:32 am

Phew!!

Do i need to pay for that advice, that was alot more thorough than i was expecting.

Cheers REB!

Yes looking back on paper, some trades were shocking, i tryed to work the system to make money and it worked me back.

Ok, i will sit tight for a few weeks, Brown to bench, Pod for a run, Gram for a run and either Martin or Hanneberry to bench, Krakeour in from bench and either Ladson or maybe even Dale Morris to bench as he is struggling.

Hopefully my scores pick up so Div VI can catch Div II !!
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 am

One other Carlton fella I forgot to mention is Gibbs. Judd back in the team frees him up a bit, and could continue to rack up the stats rebounding off a half back.
Q.
Coach

Postby Gingernuts » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:00 am

Vossy has come out and said Brown is fine. After initially thinking of getting rid of him while his value is still high I think I might give him another week. Haven't checked out the quality of my opposition yet though, that could have a bearing.
Gingernuts
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:08 am

Not sure what to do with Brown, i got him in when Riewoldt went down, is it time to let him go now for a Pavlich or Chapman, Fremantle have tough draw coming up Pavlich may struggle while Chapman is only ever one contest away from being injured.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5596 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogmatic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 am

What should I do with Shannon Byrnes, his numbers are down, and his value will drop significantly over the next few weeks.
If he gets dropped this week the solution is easy.
If he doesn't Geelong are playing Richmond so I would expect him to have a vastly improved performance.
As his value is getting further away from a premium player do I trade now for a player like Fyfe (avg 104 $94200) or Davis (avg 84 $104,000) for a cash injection to upgrade later to a premium if their points don't continue with current performances?
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Hondo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 am

white line fever wrote:Phew!!

Do i need to pay for that advice, that was alot more thorough than i was expecting.

Cheers REB!

Yes looking back on paper, some trades were shocking, i tryed to work the system to make money and it worked me back.

Ok, i will sit tight for a few weeks, Brown to bench, Pod for a run, Gram for a run and either Martin or Hanneberry to bench, Krakeour in from bench and either Ladson or maybe even Dale Morris to bench as he is struggling.

REB's advice was spot on. You are trying to fix things too quickly. Sideways trades will kill you. I allow maybe 1 or 2 max per year - 1 before round 3 and 1 if it's spare close to finals. Other than that, I stick with my players unless they get injured or there's an obvious problem a la Tippett this year.

If you burn trades trying to catch up now you may scramble to a par with your league but then fall away in the last 8 weeks when you've run out of trades. You'd be better off trying to win those late league games through having spare trades.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times

Postby Hondo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 am

Dogmatic wrote:What should I do with Shannon Byrnes, his numbers are down, and his value will drop significantly over the next few weeks.
If he gets dropped this week the solution is easy.
If he doesn't Geelong are playing Richmond so I would expect him to have a vastly improved performance.
As his value is getting further away from a premium player do I trade now for a player like Fyfe (avg 104 $94200) or Davis (avg 84 $104,000) for a cash injection to upgrade later to a premium if their points don't continue with current performances?

I have a similar problem with Gray and was all set to trade him but now I am thinking I am better off to persist. I'd persist with Byrnes and save the trade for an upgrade somewhere else. Gray and Byrnes aren't quite premium players yet so they'll have their low weeks but you should get a pay-off in others. While they are fit it's probably better to focus on upgrading your rookies.

On my team I am pretty set on upgrading Bastinac - Judd and I also like the look of Phil Davis. Need to see if Davis holds his spot if Stevens and Bock come back this week.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:46 am

Don't get all the love for Fyfe. The pipers calling you to join him? He's an undersized small player who has just come off a ton against the bottom side in a home fixture. His job security can't be all that great and he'll get smashed on the road. Not going anywhere near him because my forward line looks OK.

Doggy, Byrnes was a big risk. He had a career best season last year so to bring him in was to bet on him continuing that form. Other coaches will note how ineffective Geelong were with no Stokes and Varcoe and might start to shut Byrnes down. It might be a good thing to hang on to Byrnes because I reckon his scores will head north when Stokes and or Varcoe return to the team. If you have Pods then use the proposed Byrnes trade on Pods when the smaller forwards come back because Bomber loves Hawkins for some reason.

Hondo Gray is a different kettle of fish to Byrnes. Byrnes at least has a history of solid scoring and Gray doesn't look fit either. The Strutties are firing Gray this week.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:51 am

Gingernuts wrote:Vossy has come out and said Brown is fine. After initially thinking of getting rid of him while his value is still high I think I might give him another week. Haven't checked out the quality of my opposition yet though, that could have a bearing.

Vossy also said last week that if Brown is fit enough he will play. Well, Brown wasn't fit enough and played and duly delivered a crap score. Vossy isn't about five year plans but immediate success as can be witnessed by the Lions drafting strategy. Vossy will run Brown into the ground and he will lose value IMO.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Dogmatic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Don't get all the love for Fyfe. The pipers calling you to join him? He's an undersized small player who has just come off a ton against the bottom side in a home fixture. His job security can't be all that great and he'll get smashed on the road. Not going anywhere near him because my forward line looks OK.

Doggy, Byrnes was a big risk. He had a career best season last year so to bring him in was to bet on him continuing that form. Other coaches will note how ineffective Geelong were with no Stokes and Varcoe and might start to shut Byrnes down. It might be a good thing to hang on to Byrnes because I reckon his scores will head north when Stokes and or Varcoe return to the team. If you have Pods then use the proposed Byrnes trade on Pods when the smaller forwards come back because Bomber loves Hawkins for some reason.

Hondo Gray is a different kettle of fish to Byrnes. Byrnes at least has a history of solid scoring and Gray doesn't look fit either. The Strutties are firing Gray this week.

regards,

REB

Only using Fyfe as a potential cash injection with view to trade down the track.
Part of my reason for concern with Byrnes is Stokes and Varcoe coming back in a couple of weeks.
Menzel have kicked 3 goals for the last 2 weeks so may come into consideration too.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby White Line Fever » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 pm

hondo71 wrote:
white line fever wrote:Phew!!

Cheers REB!

REB's advice was spot on. You are trying to fix things too quickly. Sideways trades will kill you. I allow maybe 1 or 2 max per year - 1 before round 3 and 1 if it's spare close to finals. Other than that, I stick with my players unless they get injured or there's an obvious problem a la Tippett this year.

If you burn trades trying to catch up now you may scramble to a par with your league but then fall away in the last 8 weeks when you've run out of trades. You'd be better off trying to win those late league games through having spare trades.

Dangerfield out for a month.

My bench of Pod will cover Browny if he goes down, but Hitchcock might struggle back into side.
Do i trade????
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy