Lucky Times

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Lucky Times

Postby Groover » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:53 pm

OK, with dreamteam every week someone has a sob story or a tale of bad luck (you can count on it) but what i'd like this thread to represent is the times you may have been lucky (be it a good captain choice or someone else's misfortune).

Ill start off by saying this week I was lucky to keep my season alive because the team I played this week (in 2 leagues) had the donuts of Shaw, Grimes and Davis to cope with, leaving them with 1 donut on the field. I ended up winning by 14pts and counting myself very lucky. Now for next week I fight for 8th spot in both leagues haha ;)
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Re: Lucky Times

Postby CoverKing » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Winning one week with 1700 after my donutfest and bad captain choice and then losing the next with 2398!!!
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby OnSong » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Not lucky for me, but a win last week would have stitched me up a spot in the eight in the Supercoach SA Footy Cash League (Where the REAL action is).

I needed Kurt Tippett to score at least 37 to win. He spudded up with 32, lost by 4, and now I'm battling to stay in the race. lol
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby CoverKing » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:18 pm

OnSong wrote:Not lucky for me, but a win last week would have stitched me up a spot in the eight in the Supercoach SA Footy Cash League (Where the REAL action is).

I needed Kurt Tippett to score at least 37 to win. He spudded up with 32, lost by 4, and now I'm battling to stay in the race. lol

I noticed that OS! Probably the worse person to have to bring home the bacon. Has had numerous SFA games but a couple big ones!

Odds on him scoring 150+ this week? :lol:
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby OnSong » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Probably odds on really. I had a feeling he would stink it up against a close-checking Alipate Carlisle, and once that first shot at goal was blasted through the points, I knew I was doomed. Lol
OnSong
Coach

Postby unknown source » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:37 pm

in my hogg shield match this week i needed browney boys to knock off toolman and i would have sewn up 4th spot with me having an easy match this week but toolman sneaking home by a single point and he should chalk up a win this week. as my percentage is better i wouldve snuck in there
unknown source
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby OnSong » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:42 pm

unknown source wrote:in my hogg shield match this week i needed browney boys to knock off toolman and i would have sewn up 4th spot with me having an easy match this week but toolman sneaking home by a single point and he should chalk up a win this week. as my percentage is better i wouldve snuck in there

I lost to Toolman by 4 points. God damn he had a lucky week. Lol
OnSong
Coach

Postby Aerie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm

OnSong wrote:
unknown source wrote:in my hogg shield match this week i needed browney boys to knock off toolman and i would have sewn up 4th spot with me having an easy match this week but toolman sneaking home by a single point and he should chalk up a win this week. as my percentage is better i wouldve snuck in there

LOL Yes I did! Won by 1 in Hogg III and 4 in Cash League. Both opponents had Tippett.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby unknown source » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:31 pm

Aerie wrote:
OnSong wrote:

LOL Yes I did! Won by 1 in Hogg III and 4 in Cash League. Both opponents had Tippett.

ahhhhhhhhh tippet worst trade ever as him and crows they suck
unknown source
League - Top 5

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Media Park » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Lindsay Thomas... 40's and 50's... he's benched (but my emergency), one of my forwards pulled out, so Lindsay scored, and he got 150-odd! 8)
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Beat Hondo by 2 in the Hogg and beat whufc by 1 in the cash league - both wins needed to make top 4, touched on the dick this weekend :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Hondo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:Beat Hondo by 2 in the Hogg and beat whufc by 1 in the cash league - both wins needed to make top 4, touched on the dick this weekend :D

You're kidding! A 1 point win along with the 2 points over me.

Far out - get your numbers in X lotto this week :lol:
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy