2014 DT/SC Discussion

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: 2014 DT/SC Discussion

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:58 am

Alaska wrote:Is anyone also having problems trying to manage their teams on the SC and DT sites on a PC?
The SC site does not allow me to see my team although I know it is there because of the amount salary cap remaining. All I get is the top section and the end line.

The DT site did not recognise I had selected a team and Leagues when I logged in this morning.

DT is a dog's breakfast now. They've really ****** that game up.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Alaska » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:36 am

I have found that SC seems to be worse from a User interface point of view.
The only one to come into this year as an improvement is the original Real Dream Team Virtual/Sportal one.
I cannot currently amend my team on Super Coach so it is going to save on trades.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Alaska wrote:Is anyone also having problems trying to manage their teams on the SC and DT sites on a PC?
The SC site does not allow me to see my team although I know it is there because of the amount salary cap remaining. All I get is the top section and the end line.

The DT site did not recognise I had selected a team and Leagues when I logged in this morning.

Had the same problem but someone said to download Firefox and it's been good
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:51 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I've just created an AFL Fantasy league, which nobody seems to want to join... :oops:

If you want to join a league for shits and giggles, search for 'Clean Snap Football Association' on the AFL Fantasy page.

Your league is a failed creation. Come and join the Hogg! We need more Divvy VI coaches and that will be a bit of a shit and giggle league as well.

regards,

REB

*BUMP*

If anyone is still interested, there's still plenty of spots left in the Clean Snap Football Association. The league code is Z5PEYPV4 if you want to check it out.

BTW, I joined Hogg Division VI tonight too.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:I've just created an AFL Fantasy league, which nobody seems to want to join... :oops:

If you want to join a league for shits and giggles, search for 'Clean Snap Football Association' on the AFL Fantasy page.

Your league is a failed creation. Come and join the Hogg! We need more Divvy VI coaches and that will be a bit of a shit and giggle league as well.

regards,

REB

*BUMP*

If anyone is still interested, there's still plenty of spots left in the Clean Snap Football Association. The league code is Z5PEYPV4 if you want to check it out.

BTW, I joined Hogg Division VI tonight too.

I'm in. Get on boys help a brother out. We don't seem to have a safooty.net DT league for this year, so this could be it.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:58 pm

The Duds are in
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby brod » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:23 pm

There are only two...why is the Ruck proving such a pain in my ass???
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:35 pm

brod wrote:There are only two...why is the Ruck proving such a pain in my ass???

And one is Sandilands
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby valleys07 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Anybody tempting fate with Higgins this year?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby brod » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:51 pm

He is still in my side...but everything in the common sense part of the brain says....get him OUT
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby fish » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Picked my starting Supercoach team the other day.

Went the rookies first (which is not what I usaually do) then a couple of mid-pricers who I think are underpriced (Dale Thomas being one of them) then spent the rest of my cash on premiums or near-premiums.

I've looked at the team a few times since and am pretty happy with it although I'm sure I've missed a few of the 2014 stars.

Like Q I will have no hesitation in doing some trades early if my team is out of whack or I've missed a bolter...

Bring on Friday night I can't wait!
fish
Coach

Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:11 am

I am in FC
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:53 am

Anyone got a link to the DP?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Everyone seems to think that Dale Thomas is a must have but I'm not so sure. I reckon a rookie could prove to be of better value, allowing you to save some coin. Really tossing up at the moment whether or not to go with Dale Thomas just because everyone else migt have him. I'm also not sure about my other conundrum, Cotchin vs. Libratore.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Everyone seems to think that Dale Thomas is a must have but I'm not so sure. I reckon a rookie could prove to be of better value, allowing you to save some coin. Really tossing up at the moment whether or not to go with Dale Thomas just because everyone else migt have him. I'm also not sure about my other conundrum, Cotchin vs. Libratore.

regards,

REB

please pick Cotchin REB!!!

i'm having trouble with the rookies and unlike in past seasons i have found myself drawn towards some bottom priced guys returning from injury... i usually go with premiums and rookies with half a mil in the bank for justin but i havent found enough solid rookies yet so i've got Rohan, Suckling, LRT, Higgins (yes Shaun Higgins), Watson, Sandi and X Ellis. i've also got D Beams who is under $500K which should rise quickly

i know what will happen though, i'll get all trigger happy during the partial lockout and my eyes will light up when a certain rookie gets a game and i'll be chucking out some of these guys in favour of them... the fun of it!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby JK » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Everyone seems to think that Dale Thomas is a must have but I'm not so sure. I reckon a rookie could prove to be of better value, allowing you to save some coin. Really tossing up at the moment whether or not to go with Dale Thomas just because everyone else migt have him. I'm also not sure about my other conundrum, Cotchin vs. Libratore.

regards,

REB

Yes that latter one concerns.

And yes I have Higgins, but didn't want to admit to it because it breaks my rule of never selecting him. :oops:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:05 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
please pick Cotchin REB!!!

i'm having trouble with the rookies and unlike in past seasons i have found myself drawn towards some bottom priced guys returning from injury... i usually go with premiums and rookies with half a mil in the bank for justin but i havent found enough solid rookies yet so i've got Rohan, Suckling, LRT, Higgins (yes Shaun Higgins), Watson, Sandi and X Ellis. i've also got D Beams who is under $500K which should rise quickly

i know what will happen though, i'll get all trigger happy during the partial lockout and my eyes will light up when a certain rookie gets a game and i'll be chucking out some of these guys in favour of them... the fun of it!

Wish I could have both but can't really afford it. I think you need room to move in the mids this year. LRT is an interesting one he's had a chequered history with injury but I'm not all that sold on his scoring ceiling and hence Mooing potential. Most will have Suckling, Sandi, Ellis and D Beams. I thought C Beams might be worth a look for the Brions but he got injured so if he's in your squad hit the T button boyos.

Despite the overal scoring of Watson I've never been keen on him as he gets 160 one week and 60 the next. For Jobe's price you'd be wanting a bit more consistency for mine. Shaun Higgins is having a big pre-season you say? Stiff shit the guy is made out of Balsa Wood and he'll break down as sure as shit, it's just a matter of when not if and is he really the gun scorer that he is often made out to be? A poor man's Cyril but with less durability and nowhere near the scoring power.

Rohan is an interesting one but as an outside player I might stay clear. I've spend up on forwards so there isn't really room for him in my squad.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:08 pm

JK wrote:

regards,

REB

Yes that latter one concerns.

And yes I have Higgins, but didn't want to admit to it because it breaks my rule of never selecting him. :oops:

Did someone say break?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Banker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Add Suckling to the list of midpricers causing headaches!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:09 pm

Agreed. Had a go at picking team last night.

The issues...
D. Thomas v Shiels
Pavlich v Zorko v T.Mitchell
Rioli v Buddy

All sub Premo issues, but could be big calls.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy