Hogg Premier League 2017

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Premier League 2017

Postby Masha » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Hondo wrote:In the battle of the under-performing starters I lucked out with 3 (Gawn, Ryan and Neale) to Buddy's 2 (Newman and Heppell) and fell a measely 7 points short.

I was tossing up Kelly (132) or Neale (44) as a trade in for Selwood and picked badly. There were about 10 others I could have chosen ahead of Neale as it turned out.

Even with Neale and Ryan on field for about 76 points going into Sunday it was me Gawn + Ryder verses McEvoy + 63 so I thought I was likely to win still ... and then Gawn pulled out a 56 on me ( :( ) and it then came down to Ryder v McEvoy + 7 and in the end Ryder and McEvoy broke even.

Buddy must have traded out Danger last week because that was looking to be the key part if I won. I got the 141 plus he was my captain whereas Buddy didn't have the luxury of VCing Danger like I did.

You were pretty stiff Hondo. I certainly pinched that one. Danger trade the week before almost back fired, and i also did the Selwood trade, but picked Sloane instead of Neale (who I was seriously considering, along with Kelly and Titch).
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Hondo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Masha wrote:You were pretty stiff Hondo. I certainly pinched that one. Danger trade the week before almost back fired, and i also did the Selwood trade, but picked Sloane instead of Neale (who I was seriously considering, along with Kelly and Titch).

Sloane was also on my radar as a trade in for Zerrett if I felt I needed the second trade but as it was panning out I thought I could sneak in without it because I looped Lloyd instead of Ryan.

Sloane only went for 91 which I would have considered a fail if not for Neale and his horrid 44. I looked back at his scores v Sydney today and there was one other shocker but another 3 100s so I dunno just copped a bad luck hit but maybe I shouldn't have backed in a player who was clearly going to play in a losing side.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:20 pm

Semi Finals

1st Semi Final
Buddy Franklin 2244
Hondo SCC 2237

2nd Semi Final
Delicious 2320
Hips Don't Lie 2206

Buddy Franklin has won through to the Preliminary Final next week after a sensational 7 point victory over Hondo SCC in the 1st Semi Final. Fremantle midfielder Lachie Neale was the villan for Hondo and for the second year running Hondo will be scratching his head and wondering why he made the moves he did. In a close comp like the Premier League you live or die by these decisions. Personally I would have preferred Gawn scored 56 last week! Delicious had a surprisingly easy weekend out as the wheels fell off for Hips Don't Lie whose brave run at the premiership has fallen two matches short. It was a remarkable turnaround for Delicious who must have a new lease of life now he has dodged that Hippy bullet!

In the prelims next week Buddy Franklin will play Captain Who with the Captain starting a deserved favourite based on recent form. Benny Rolfs and Delicious face off in the other Prelim with both sides having a significant finals bogey on their record (ha, I can talk). It will be interesting to see who can shake off that bogey and qualify for the Grand Final.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Preliminary Finals Preview

1st Preliminary FInal: Ben Rolfsbergers vs. Delicious

Both of these sides are bristling with talent with the Rolfs having a couple of handy midfielders in Rockliff and Zerrett on the sidelines. Delicious also welcomes back Zerrett but they have a couple of players that might have to grace the field this week who could be problematic. Two weeks ago Buddy got owned by Lonergan and he couldn't crack 50. Last week against the shockers Buddy went mad and racked up a huge score. Tonight its the Crows so I reckon no ton for him tonight. Hugh Greenwood for Delicious will probably be replaced by Zerrett but the unavailability of Grundy is forcing valleys to play the underwhelming Nankervis while the Rolfs can boast a ruck division of Martin and Gawn. I reckon Benny Rolfs have a player or two advantage in this tie and I'm tipping them to reach the Grand Final for the second straight year.

Ben Rolfsbergers by 63 points.

2nd Preliminary FInal: Captain Who vs. Buddy Franklin

I don't think I've seen so few uniques in a match up before. There are only five uniques out of 22 in this match. It's the Captain - Ryder, Gawn, Dangerfield, Titchell, Roberton up against Buddy - Hannebery, Heppell, Murphy, McEvoy, SMartin. Obviously the Captaincy choice is crucial especially for Buddy who doesn't have Danger at least not yet. Overall the Captain's uniques look a lot stronger so I reckon the smart money would be on Groover to qualify for yet another Grand Final. The Captain has appeared in two Grand FInals already and I reckon he makes it a third this year in what will be a closely run thing between almost identical sides.

Captain Who by 46 points.

Good luck to all sides.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Groover- please lube up before you go in next weekend.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Groover » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 am

A bit of banter love it! League ranking up to 110. Some impressive scoring even from Gibbo this weekend.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 pm

I got 2493 this week with Gawn once again poor so I would have lost either prelim as it turned out, without it being the lowest score of the remaining teams. Still wish whatever injury Neale had the week before was made public before the round so I could have lasted one more week.

Well done and good luck to the grand finalists.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Preliminary Finals

1st Preliminary Final
Delicious 2545
Ben Rolfsbergers 2365

2nd Preliminary Final
Captain Who 2605
Buddy Franklin 2434

Delicious looked to be in a bit of bother when the carnage fairy 'blessed' their side but lo and behold two weeks later they are in the Hogg Premier League Grand Final for the first time after swamping Bens Rolfsbergers who can add another failed finals campaign to their resume. In the other Prelim Final, Groover flexed his muscles to pump Buddy Frankling even though Buddwah managed to score a more than respectable 2434. It was a brilliant performance from the Captain who will be playing in his third Grand Final and is looking to be the first coach since the mighty Darksiders to win a second Hogg Premier title.

Go to it gentlemen! No more lube images thanks valleys! 8)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Groover » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Patiently waiting for the usual Thursday night pre GF carnage to ruin what should be a good contest. Good luck Valleys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 am

You will use me as a mop this week, Groover. I didn't expect to get this far!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy