Hogg Shield Grand Final Thread 2017

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Shield Grand Final Thread 2017

Postby valleys07 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Groover wrote:I got buds score mate ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, in place of Strnadica.

Play on!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Hogg Division V

Herbs'N'Spices 2090
SA Rapids 1896

The big bully Herb from Divvy IV made it second time lucky in Hogg Grand Finals as he flogged the youngster who put in a Barry Crocker on the biggest day of the year. Both will move on to bigger and better things. Congratulations Herb, Div V Premier!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Hogg Division IV

FNQ Trotters 2436
Shanes Superboots 2405

I was a bit embarrassed last week as both my Mum and Sister both cleaned me up in SuperCoach this year. Turns out I need not be embarrassed because my old Mum (I can say old as she doesn't read this site) cleaned up the unbackable favourites and Hogg points winner for the year Shanes Superboots in what was a high quality Grand Final. Ma is a pensioner who when not lining up for things at lunchtime to upset workers, spends hours and hours poring over SuperCoach and the results are starting to show. Congratulations Shanes Superboots, highest ranked player in the Hogg this season. Congratulations FNQ Trotters, Div IV premiers!

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Piglet Shield

FNQ Trotters 2436
Underbelly 2423

My family league is called the Piglet Shield and all Piglet coaches double up somewhere in the Hogg. There are three Premier League coaches in the Piglet Shield but it was Division III Underbelly and Division IV FNQ Trotters that played off in what was another excellent Grand Final in a weekend that was full of them. Underbelly were so organised they could afford to trade out the Bont who was one of many players who was Beveraged this year. Meanwhile, the Trotters were in a position to loophole Zak Jones whose 127 (along with Roughead's bonanza) was enough to cover Kelly's Buddy spree. Congratulations FNQ Trotters, Piglet Shield Premiers!

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Hogg Division III

Underbelly 2423
Chicken Noodles 2342

In what was tipped to be one of the closest Grand Finals, Underbelly finally collected their first Hogg Premiership with a pretty comfortable win in the end over the favourites Chicken Noodles. The Noodles were hot for a lot of the season but went a bit soggy when then the heat was applied by Underbelly. Congratulations Underbelly, Div III premiers!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Hogg Division II

Jims TigerRoos 2384
Professor Crow 2289

Mythical Creature must have been delighted with my tipping during the Division II finals because I kept tipping against Jims TigerRoos and Creature kept on winning. So it came to pass in the Grand Final when it was the Professor who was handed the SuperCoach lesson as Jims TigerRoos romped to their first Hogg Shield premiership. It's been a long time coming for Creature but what a win it was in what was a really competitive league. Congratulations Jims TigerRoos, Division II premiers!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Hogg Premier League

Delicious 2364
Captain Who? 2354

It was a Delicious premiership for Valleys in the Hogg Premier League this season after a tense Grand Final in which both coaches would have felt the win was theirs only for momentum to swing away from them. Both coaches had a few setbacks during the game which accounted for a slightly lower score than in some other Grand Finals. I don't think the Premier League Grand Final has been outscored by the Piglet before but that was the nature of the beast this year.

Delicious looked Max Gawn for all money after losing the Qualifying Final a fortnight ago so it's been a comeback reminiscent of Sturt's 1976 premiership even if Valleys wouldn't appreciate the analogy. :D For the Captain it is a second Grand Final loss at this level but he's got a few more to go to catch the master in that regard. :(

Congratulations Delcious, Hogg Premier League champion 2017!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:46 pm

HOGG DIVISION I

TEAM_FISH 2275
Inner Sanctum 2206

As his avatar says it's HOORAY FOR FISH who have won the Division I premiership over Inner Sanctum who was the leading team for much of the season. It appears both sides had some anxious moments and the scoring was down but in the end FISH got the flag to go with the well deserved promotion. Congratulations to both sides for qualifying for the Premier League and congratulations to TEAM_FISH Division I premiers for 2017. Great. Now I have to play em! :(

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:54 pm

HOGG ELITE LEAGUE

Hips Don't Lie 2350
TEAM_FISH 2275

It was going to be history either way in this final. If FISH had gotten up it would have been a rare double flag at Div I and Hogg Elite which has never been done before. As it was it was Hips Don't Lie who made history by being the first team to win two Hogg Elite titles after Hippys won their first back in 2015. This league was the best league in Hogg history which goes all the way back to 2007 so congratulations to all the teams but in particular both of these two sides who managed to win Hogg Premierships in high grades this season.

Congratulations to the Hogg Elite Champions of 2017, Hips Don't Lie!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy