Hogg Division IV 2018

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Division IV 2018

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Preliminary Finals

1st Preliminary Final
Hawkers 2389
Herbs'N'Spices 2204

2nd Preliminary Final
Woolballs 2646
The Willies 2488

The Hawkers have been the big man on campus this season in Division IV with a 17-2 winning record but this week's Grand Final against Woolballs will be no walkover after the Wooly one smashed out an impressive 2646 to end The Willies dual Premiership hopes in the Hogg this season. Hawkers have been a clear leader but on Prelim Final day they were upstaged by Wooly and The Willies although they did enough over Herb to earn a deserved berth in the Grand Final next week. I'm not sure how Wooly racked up such a huge score but you'd think Hawkers should go in favourites but maybe not as clear cut as you might have thought a week ago. What a match by Woolballs.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby wooly » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm not sure how Wooly racked up such a huge score

Neither am I REB.

I enjoy reading your weekly updates REB, I should contribute more given the effort you go to each week.

I think this is my 4th or 5th season and the 1st time I've made it past the first week of the finals I think. Nice to earn a spot in a GF and a promotion in my own right.

Keep up the great work.
wooly
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm

wooly wrote:
I'm not sure how Wooly racked up such a huge score

Neither am I REB.

I enjoy reading your weekly updates REB, I should contribute more given the effort you go to each week.

I think this is my 4th or 5th season and the 1st time I've made it past the first week of the finals I think. Nice to earn a spot in a GF and a promotion in my own right.

Keep up the great work.

Good luck Wooly. My 1st GF too
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby wooly » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Cheers Arch, good luck to you too.
wooly
Rookie

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:56 pm

Grand Final

Hawkers 2615
Woolballs 2599

The dominant side of Hogg Division IV duly won their flag but not before the underdogs Woolballs put in a mighty challenge in the Grand Final. Woolly finished the season very strongly and they had to in order to challenge the mighty Hawkers. Arch was the genuine article in Division IV and woolly had to really lift to come close in what was a fine performance. Both sides can look to strong campaigns in Division III next year but right now the spoils of victory goes towards the Hawkers, the 2018 Hogg Division IV Premiers.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:21 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Grand Final

Hawkers 2615
Woolballs 2599

The dominant side of Hogg Division IV duly won their flag but not before the underdogs Woolballs put in a mighty challenge in the Grand Final. Woolly finished the season very strongly and they had to in order to challenge the mighty Hawkers. Arch was the genuine article in Division IV and woolly had to really lift to come close in what was a fine performance. Both sides can look to strong campaigns in Division III next year but right now the spoils of victory goes towards the Hawkers, the 2018 Hogg Division IV Premiers.

regards,

REB

Thanks REB and well done to you running all these comps too.
Bit stiff Woolballs I looked at your captain Friday night and saw it was Dangerfield so I did the same and backed in the unique layers between us and it only just worked!
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby wooly » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Yep, great job again REB.

Well done Arch, yep Buddy was a big out for me and probably the difference in the end. Good pick on the skipper too.
wooly
Rookie

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy