Hogg Premier League 2018

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Premier League 2018

Postby One Club Player » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:45 pm

My final with Inner Sanctum is a nail biter. I need Crouch to outscore Hurn by 4 points to win
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Banker » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:02 pm

One Club Player wrote:My final with Inner Sanctum is a nail biter. I need Crouch to outscore Hurn by 4 points to win

Crouch just had his 18th possession half way through the second quarter!

But.... just 2 kicks :shock:
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Preliminary Finals

1st Preliminary Final
Honey Badgers 2634
Ben Rolfsburgers 2539

2nd Preliminary Final
Has Been 2530
Inner Sanctum 2480

A couple of weeks ago we had the highest scoring game in Hogg history in the Qualifying Final and those two sides have deservedly won through to the Hogg Premier League Grand Final in 2018. In what was a high quality match the two top scorers in the Hogg squared off for the right to play in the Grand Final and Benny Rolfs came off second best to Honey Badgers who will take some beating next week. The loss to Inner Sanctum in the Quallie was very costly for Benny Rolfs as his 2539 would have been enough to qualify for the Grand Final. Benny has had an awesome season this year but he is yet to complete the job and win this very tough league. That's cool bloke I know how you feel.

In the other prelim it was a lower scoring, closer affair with Has Been winning by 50 points in a match that would have had both coaches checking out the live scores wherever they were available. Inner Sanctum has had an excellent season after being promoted from Divvy I last year but the step up in class resulted in their season ending a week earlier than last season but there is no doubt that both sides have enhanced the quality of the league. Has Been's awesome season continues on for another week but he must be dreading facing the mighty Honey Badgers who proved to be too good a couple of weeks ago. If Has Been can win his second Hogg title it will be well earned as the Honey Badgers have without a doubt been the best team in the Hogg all season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Alaska » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:53 pm

Good to see that two of the Ironbank contingent in Hogg have made it to the Premier League Grand Final.
One drops back to Div 1 and 2 just missed out on the Div 1 Grand Final.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Hogg Premier League Grand Final

Honey Badgers vs. Has Been

The two giants of the Premier League this season have deservedly won through to the 2018 Hogg Premier League Grand Final. Has Been....um...has been a mighty team this season, going so well they could afford to hold on to Christian Petracca and leave him on the bench. For me Matt Crouch is an interesting POD for Has Been. Seeing as the dude doesn't play for Geelong I don't rate him but as a SuperCoach option there is no doubt he is quality. You can expect Crouch to get plenty of ball against the Blues this week as well.

As he has mentioned above, the Badgers have opted for a heavy Geelong representation. This strategy paid off in spades last weekend even though Paddy couldn't really get into the game as he simply wasn't required in the rout against Freo. At the moment the Bombers are tearing Port a new one so what chance Gary Ablett a late out against the Suns if the job is done for Geelong? One player who will do tremendous damage is Tom Hawkins. The presence of Hawkins and Ablett this late in the year is a perfect example of perfect planning and careful conservation of trades . It is as though the Badgers have been set up for just this match.

That is the level of preparation needed to win this league (well I think so I haven't won jack LOL) and for me I still see the Badgers a hundred points up here.

Honey Badgers by 101 points.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Banker » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:54 am

I'm waiting patiently for Has Been to pick his VC... will he role the dice or match me with Grundy?
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Postby fish » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:27 pm

Congratulations Honey Badgers, fantastic season!
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Banker » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks Fish! My first ever Hogg Premiership :D

Jeez Has Been was very stiff to score 2600+ and lose.... Again!

The supercoach gods looked after me this year with very few premium injuries, only Josh Kelly caused me headaches. I traded him in/out 5 times :oops:
No doubt i'll have a shocking run next year now....

Congrats to Has Been, Roflsburgers & Hondo for going Top 1000 overall and thanks to REB for running the Hogg and the weekly previews and recaps, i dunno how you find the time mate!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Postby One Club Player » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Relying on Petracca and Billings in the last two games was always a flawed strategy for my Has Beens!

In the end best scoring team for the year won which is probably fair enough.

Ditto Bankers comments on Reb's fantastic work.
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Grand Final

Honey Badgers 2693
Has Been 2638

The Honey Badgers have been the best team in the Hogg Shield all season long and they confirmed it with a record high Grand Final score to once again get the best of a luckless Has Been combination. One Club must be wondering what he has to do to beat his rival after a near peerless finals campaign only returned a 2-2 finals record and the runners up gong. Make no mistake the Premier League really upped the ante this year, even allowing for Hambone spudding it up all year (ha ha one more dig mate).

I can't recall a more complete season in the Hogg than the Badgers' efforts this season but despite their dominance they still lost five matches throughout the year, such was the strength of this competition. Has Been gave it all and then some to secure a second Hogg Premier title but they were a touch off the pace of this season's master. Congratulations to Honey Badgers, the 2018 Hogg Premier League champions!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Alaska » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Well done Honey Badgers great season and a real credit to win the Premier League.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy