Round 20 - The Finals Countdown

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 20 - The Finals Countdown

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:01 am

And so it begins my friends. Degoey another two weeks are the rumours, Savage out, Taranto out. on the plus side all of a sudden a heap of cheap options are available for anyone who has miraculously avoided LTIs to key players and has the odd trade up their sleeve.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Re: Round 20 - The Finals Countdown

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:26 am

Why do people bother to move their premo;s to the bench and put rookies on the field ahead of gameday being released for the upcoming week? What is the thought process here? Looking at you Rooster in Hogg II? Hope you forget to change it back in time ;)
Projections are all crap anyway and as if anyone is making decisions on trading because they are projected to win or lose. One look at the team tells you they are not a 1900 team.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Hondo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:26 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Why do people bother to move their premo;s to the bench and put rookies on the field ahead of gameday being released for the upcoming week? What is the thought process here? Looking at you Rooster in Hogg II? Hope you forget to change it back in time ;)
Projections are all crap anyway and as if anyone is making decisions on trading because they are projected to win or lose. One look at the team tells you they are not a 1900 team.

Last week I thought I had set up a VC loop only to find that I couldn't use it (didn't want to anyway in the end but still) because my bench rookie E had locked out.

So some people like to be extra sure their VC loop is all set up correctly from the start and set the team up assuming the VC loop will be used. That means a rookie on field.

I don't know if Rooster has done it for that reason
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Only the one luxury change for me this week, O'Riordan out for Lienert to give me bench coverage and a few extra $$$$'s for some upgrades.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Hondo wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Why do people bother to move their premo;s to the bench and put rookies on the field ahead of gameday being released for the upcoming week? What is the thought process here? Looking at you Rooster in Hogg II? Hope you forget to change it back in time ;)

Last week I thought I had set up a VC loop only to find that I couldn't use it (didn't want to anyway in the end but still) because my bench rookie E had locked out.

So some people like to be extra sure their VC loop is all set up correctly from the start and set the team up assuming the VC loop will be used. That means a rookie on field.

I don't know if Rooster has done it for that reason

Na hasnt done it for that reason, has premos on bench with no emergency on them. I understand when you have a non player on field so that you can still do vc loophole later but what hes done doesnt fool anyone
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm too unreliable to try shit like that and knowing my luck my app will shit itself when I try to change it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Hondo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Na hasnt done it for that reason, has premos on bench with no emergency on them. I understand when you have a non player on field so that you can still do vc loophole later but what hes done doesnt fool anyone

OK

Just trying to psyche you out by the sounds.

Geez, I'd be too concerned about getting it all corrected in time to bother with that.
Hondo
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Hondo wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Na hasnt done it for that reason, has premos on bench with no emergency on them. I understand when you have a non player on field so that you can still do vc loophole later but what hes done doesnt fool anyone

OK

Just trying to psyche you out by the sounds.

Geez, I'd be too concerned about getting it all corrected in time to bother with that.

Like our game when we both tried to be cute with the vc and we stuffed it up.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:26 am

Hope Giro is a late in on Sunday night.
A few of my oppo using emerg loophole, Various games saw Martin, Selwood and Ablett start as emergencies last night. They all look as though they will drop Rockliff out and put Giro in. Its big risk tactical move if there is a late out of one of your other gun mids or Giro plays, could end with a doughnut if you cant get an emergency onto a 2nd mid.
Having said that ill be doing the same with Ahern today, will have to make the decision at 3quarter time before the Crows game starts though
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:15 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Hope Giro is a late in on Sunday night.
A few of my oppo using emerg loophole, Various games saw Martin, Selwood and Ablett start as emergencies last night. They all look as though they will drop Rockliff out and put Giro in. Its big risk tactical move if there is a late out of one of your other gun mids or Giro plays, could end with a doughnut if you cant get an emergency onto a 2nd mid.
Having said that ill be doing the same with Ahern today, will have to make the decision at 3quarter time before the Crows game starts though

I loopholed Martin hoping he would fail. In one match up I've only got six uniques with my opponent. I can still use Martins 111 but this means I play Ahern over Higgins 74 instead. Not liking my chances against Captain Who in premier. He's got a formidable midfield and I have Rocky.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Hope Giro is a late in on Sunday night.

I loopholed Martin hoping he would fail. In one match up I've only got six uniques with my opponent. I can still use Martins 111 but this means I play Ahern over Higgins 74 instead. Not liking my chances against Captain Who in premier. He's got a formidable midfield and I have Rocky.

Regards,

REB

It just makes it harder for yourself, Like the guy who put the E on Ablett, do you now take his 85 or will Rocky get that?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby LMA » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:47 pm

If they get injured though you're a genius. I left Dusty on the bench, if he spudded up Ahern out Macrae in. You're right though risky move as I can't emergency Ahern now and if one of my Premos is a late out tomorrow I'm screwed
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby nuggety goodness » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Had a decision to make... trade Martin and bring in Grundy as opponent has him or trade out Franklin and bring in a fwd.

Went with Franklin out and brought in Hawkins...

Hawkins spuds up and Martin is very quiet... grrr...

Now watch Grundy and Buddy go massive just to rub it in!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby JK » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Been watching opponents score well with AHern for a few weeks whilst he sits on my bench, so I start him this week anddddddd ........ Spuds it ...
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Hondo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:47 pm

My premier league season will end early once again after Buddy’s 175. Goldy with 61 put a nail in the coffin for me and Buddy has sealed it shut.
Hondo
Coach

Postby Hondo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:48 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:Had a decision to make... trade Martin and bring in Grundy as opponent has him or trade out Franklin and bring in a fwd.

Went with Franklin out and brought in Hawkins...

Hawkins spuds up and Martin is very quiet... grrr...

Now watch Grundy and Buddy go massive just to rub it in!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wow that couldn’t have gone any worse for you. Grundy and Buddy killed it.
Hondo
Coach

Postby fish » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Hondo wrote:My premier league season will end early once again after Buddy’s 175. Goldy with 61 put a nail in the coffin for me and Buddy has sealed it shut.

Yep Buddy has turned the game around into my favour. I assume you have no trades left too, having kept Taranto?
fish
Coach

Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Highs and lows of this game

Got Kelly 205 and Greene 18 in the same game
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Anyone have Kelly as Captain?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times