Initial Squad Setup

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Initial Squad Setup

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:05 am

So it seems to get suspiciously quieter and quieter on here every year...

I have almost settled (let's be honest though, it is never settled until lockout) on my side.

A few rookies look likely and there are a few returning from a layoff that also look like being handy inclusions...

Are you going with just Premos and Rookies or slotting a few mid-pricers in there hoping for a return?

Higgins or Toby Greene anyone?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Re: Initial Squad Setup

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:04 pm

No to Higgins, there are better options. As for Greene wait and see I reckon. This is the year I abandon GnR. My current set up is two rookies on the field only with only Gawn, Danger and McCrae as my genuine premos. The way I see it this year is there is plenty of value down back and in the mids, not so much in the forward line and the ruck is a mess. I played pretty safe there and went Gawnstein.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby fish » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:30 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:Toby Greene anyone?

Toby Greene is an anagram for Never Again :evil:
fish
Coach

Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby LMA » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:41 pm

His price is just right for some interest though and could easily "kick" out a 130 point game
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:15 am

fish wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:Toby Greene anyone?

Toby Greene is an anagram for Never Again :evil:

Same as "greet boney".
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:17 am

Is there somewhere that you can view all the JLT SC stats?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Is there somewhere that you can view all the JLT SC stats?

Here you go mate. I actually found this yesterday when i was thinking of the same thing

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pre ... supercoach
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:02 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Is there somewhere that you can view all the JLT SC stats?

Here you go mate. I actually found this yesterday when i was thinking of the same thing

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pre ... supercoach

Cheers, was kinda hoping for a team by team thing like the DT talk book that comes out each week.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:55 am

Thanks fella's, I see how it is in the cut throat world of Hogg Shield!!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

That's fella's, I see how it is in the cut throat world of Hogg Shield!!! :lol: :lol:

@lightning McQueen
Fanfooty.com.au
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

That's fella's, I see how it is in the cut throat world of Hogg Shield!!! [emoji38] [emoji38]
Everyone's playing their cards close to their chest... it's getting worse and worse every year...

I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby David Brent » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:25 pm

How many premium mids is everyone starting with?

I've got 5 Premiums & have S Walsh as my M7 price wise currently. Very weak across the rest of the ground.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:12 pm

Here's my squad currently...

Tossing up a few changes but I am almost settled on it...

Defence is very mid priced but plenty of upside, just not sure about Moore

Mids I'm pretty set on, some value in them

Rucks are set

Forwards I couldn't find many mid price options and not too sure about the rookiesImageImage

nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 pm

I have 19 of these blokes nuggety but not a fan of omeara or Sloane in the mids. Sloane can't beat a tag so I reckon he will start well then get locked down as coaches work out all the permutations of the 666. With omeara he will score ok but the value is in Cousins and the cash. I ended opting for LDU though so I can get Cripps to partner up with McRae who is must have. You must pick anyone who scares you. Instead of your guns I've gone Brayshaw, both Crouches and Dom Sheed instead of Libba.

Lovely work in the backline but I've left Hunt out for the additional rookie. I can see the value in going Mills-Smith over the more expensive Lloyd and Laird who are at ridiculous prices. In the ruck I'm thinking like you again. I'm not paying over 700k for a ruckman when a number one ruckman hasn't backed up since Dean Cox. I'm not convinced on Stefs fitness though so opted for Goldy. I've also saved 15 grand by going the "olango" with Patrick Bines. I might even look at the Hoff in the forwards once that price drops so I've got ruck coverage later in the season. Meanwhile you have to go one of the big two so Gawn was an automatic selection for me.

Up front I've gone GnR because seriously, **** the Saints. Newnes and Billings will break hearts again although both are tempting with that early soft draw. But are they keepers though? Remember as well that the first two matches aren't League premiership games. It's a leap of faith to suggest they are keepers and later on I'd prefer blokes like the Hoff, Kelly, Gray and maybe Greene over the awkwardly price Saint options. I think Worpel is actually a better option than both. My keepers up front are Danger who everyone must have, Heeney pretty much the same and Dunkley who I think will smash McLean in scoring this year.

All the best mate and happy Hogging.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

That's fella's, I see how it is in the cut throat world of Hogg Shield!!! :lol: :lol:

That's what happens when you win a flag stickers. You're no longer under the radar. :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby LMA » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:08 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:I have 19 of these blokes nuggety but not a fan of omeara or Sloane in the mids. Sloane can't beat a tag so I reckon he will start well then get locked down as coaches work out all the permutations of the 666. With omeara he will score ok but the value is in Cousins and the cash. I ended opting for LDU though so I can get Cripps to partner up with McRae who is must have. You must pick anyone who scares you. Instead of your guns I've gone Brayshaw, both Crouches and Dom Sheed instead of Libba.

Lovely work in the backline but I've left Hunt out for the additional rookie. I can see the value in going Mills-Smith over the more expensive Lloyd and Laird who are at ridiculous prices. In the ruck I'm thinking like you again. I'm not paying over 700k for a ruckman when a number one ruckman hasn't backed up since Dean Cox. I'm not convinced on Stefs fitness though so opted for Goldy. I've also saved 15 grand by going the "olango" with Patrick Bines. I might even look at the Hoff in the forwards once that price drops so I've got ruck coverage later in the season. Meanwhile you have to go one of the big two so Gawn was an automatic selection for me.

Up front I've gone GnR because seriously, **** the Saints. Newnes and Billings will break hearts again although both are tempting with that early soft draw. But are they keepers though? Remember as well that the first two matches aren't League premiership games. It's a leap of faith to suggest they are keepers and later on I'd prefer blokes like the Hoff, Kelly, Gray and maybe Greene over the awkwardly price Saint options. I think Worpel is actually a better option than both. My keepers up front are Danger who everyone must have, Heeney pretty much the same and Dunkley who I think will smash McLean in scoring this year.

All the best mate and happy Hogging.

regards,

REB

I'm a bit concerned Libba will impact Dunkleys scoring.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:13 pm

107 with 29 possessions in 75% game time in JLT2. I'm onboard. I think he will smash McLean as I said, he will be more consistent than Kel,and for some reason I'm worried off with Smith now that Sheila has joined the Bombers.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:06 am

Libba's price tag is very enticing, surely he'll jump $200K by the bye rounds if he stays on the park.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Had Newman all summer. Got the jitters and punted him on the last day. 134. FML. #-O

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Had Newman all summer. Got the jitters and punted him on the last day. 134. FML. #-O

regards,

REB

Ouch.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy