Round 10 Rookie Blues!

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 10 Rookie Blues!

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed May 22, 2019 1:21 pm

The majority of coaches probably have a similar problem this season, rookie blues. Not selected, injured or just plain stinking it up every rookie except Walsh, Hore, Stack and maybe Baker has been pretty ordinary this year. Balta has bobbed up recently since Nank went down but the rest can't get on the field or can't get the pill.

Most of these rookie duds are from Carlton. Gibbons, Setterfield and Stocker go where the ball aint. Brisbanes Anseworth got decent scores but as soon as he hit the bubble its see you later. Clark from Geelong is another looks lost out there. Parker can't get a kick and Petrecelle needs to get goals or he gets stuck on 50 every time. Then you have guys like Constable and Hately that score ok but have no JS.

So clearly it's time to move a few on but where the **** are the downgrade options? They don't look much more promising than the players named above. We've got something else to think about as well. Dangerfield probably won't play this week and Williams and Moore look unlikely as well. Looks like another challenging round ahead in the Hogg!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Re: Round 10 Rookie Blues!

Postby MatteeG » Wed May 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Be good if Constable got named rather than brought in late too. %$#kin Geelong.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby David Brent » Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm

Sam Collins is out for a few weeks also. A lot of teams would have him sitting as an EME or D6 down back.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed May 22, 2019 3:39 pm

David Brent wrote:Sam Collins is out for a few weeks also. A lot of teams would have him sitting as an EME or D6 down back.

Hopefully Burgess gets brought back.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed May 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
David Brent wrote:Sam Collins is out for a few weeks also. A lot of teams would have him sitting as an EME or D6 down back.

regards,

REB

Hindsight easy but I watch a fair bit of Westies and for the life of me I cannot understand why he was picked up and how he could be in peoples SC teams. Will never score a decent amount
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am

Rik E Boy wrote:The majority of coaches probably have a similar problem this season, rookie blues. Not selected, injured or just plain stinking it up every rookie except Walsh, Hore, Stack and maybe Baker has been pretty ordinary this year. Balta has bobbed up recently since Nank went down but the rest can't get on the field or can't get the pill.

Most of these rookie duds are from Carlton. Gibbons, Setterfield and Stocker go where the ball aint. Brisbanes Anseworth got decent scores but as soon as he hit the bubble its see you later. Clark from Geelong is another looks lost out there. Parker can't get a kick and Petrecelle needs to get goals or he gets stuck on 50 every time. Then you have guys like Constable and Hately that score ok but have no JS.

So clearly it's time to move a few on but where the **** are the downgrade options? They don't look much more promising than the players named above. We've got something else to think about as well. Dangerfield probably won't play this week and Williams and Moore look unlikely as well. Looks like another challenging round ahead in the Hogg!

regards,

REB

I have failed miserably in this department.

Collins (although he's made a bit of coin)
Burgess
Scrimshaw (has hit a wall)
Duursma (see Scrimshaw)
Atkins
C.Wagner
B.Scott
Petrccelle
T.Garner
Setterfield
Anesbury

I have $120K in the bank but I'm in a world of pain this week with injuries.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu May 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Hindsight easy but I watch a fair bit of Westies and for the life of me I cannot understand why he was picked up and how he could be in peoples SC teams. Will never score a decent amount

Yeah a bit hard to watch a lot of Westies from Qld. ;) Burgess has a place in my side as long as I have Darcy Moore. When he was playing early he wasn't smashing out the scores but at least he was playing. Hopefully he comes back and can make me a little bit more coin before I move him on. Perhaps a downgrade/upgrade with Moore.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu May 23, 2019 1:06 pm

MatteeG wrote:Be good if Constable got named rather than brought in late too. %$#kin Geelong.

You'll be playing that game again Matteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Danger might be in might be out and Scooter is a chance for a recall as well. At least the Cats aren't playing on Sunday this week so that might help. Constable had a pretty poor game last week I thought and he could cough up his spot, espeically if Atkins is good to go. I can see Clark being given a spell as well he is treading water.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 23, 2019 1:18 pm

Brodlach wrote:Hindsight easy but I watch a fair bit of Westies and for the life of me I cannot understand why he was picked up and how he could be in peoples SC teams. Will never score a decent amount

He was cheap, he's a DPP (good to play the opposite end of Darcy Moore), started in round 1 and had OK PPM in the JLT crap for memory.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Groover » Thu May 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Carnage already and it’s only Thursday, just pray to field a full team this week and cop whatever score you get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 pm

I am screwed. Moore, Mrouch, Dangerfield, Williams. I'm no chance of beating Buddy Franklin this week. Im playing the top team in the Piglet this week and he doesn't have Dangerfield ffs.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu May 23, 2019 11:13 pm

Groover wrote:Carnage already and it’s only Thursday, just pray to field a full team this week and cop whatever score you get!

2150 should get you the W this week, although it might be a little more in Premier. I'll be scratching to get 2100 so my winning run will come to an end.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Groover » Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 pm

I’ll be happy with any score that has a 2 in front of it

Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 24, 2019 10:03 am

Rik E Boy wrote:I am screwed. Moore, Mrouch, Dangerfield, Williams. I'm no chance of beating Buddy Franklin this week. Im playing the top team in the Piglet this week and he doesn't have Dangerfield ffs.

regards,

REB

I brought Zac Williams in last week :lol: :lol: , I have Moore and Danger too, can I change my name to Carlton?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 24, 2019 10:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:I am screwed. Moore, Mrouch, Dangerfield, Williams. I'm no chance of beating Buddy Franklin this week. Im playing the top team in the Piglet this week and he doesn't have Dangerfield ffs.

regards,

REB

I brought Zac Williams in last week :lol: :lol: , I have Moore and Danger too, can I change my name to Carlton?

Was able to trade out Collins and Drew to bring in Hurn and Robbie Young, having Moore, Z.Williams and Danger sitting on the pine is hard to look at, there's plenty of red and white icons as well as orange ones on my bench but I was able to field a full team.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

regards,

REB

Nek Minnet Hurn goes down.....

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

regards,

REB

Nek Minnet Hurn goes down.....

regards,

REB

:lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Fri May 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Is Menegola injured or just out of form?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri May 24, 2019 6:12 pm

I just looked at my opponent for this round and with Moore, Danger and Setterfield out and Drew not getting back in Pool Swimmers cops 2x donuts unless he swings two late trades.

Add to that McEvoy and Williams out covered by O'Brien and Clark there wouldn't be a better week to get a win...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Feenix » Fri May 24, 2019 6:25 pm

4 donuts on field at the moment. Gonna have to change my trades to avoid total carnage, starting to question my understanding of this game. FMSC :evil:
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy