Round 7 - Two out of three aint bad

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 7 - Two out of three aint bad

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:04 pm

I've chosen to honor Meat Loaf this week because even though we have two trades this week, we always seem to have three problems to fix and that's being kind. The backline rookie situation is dire but MacPherson to the rescue. But with Rankine seemingly a trade for all of Australia, dare you do the double downgrade to fit the Crow in?

In the mids it's looking good with Stephens and Day looking handy. Recent news out of Sydney shows that Heeney and JPK are cooked so young Swans could be the G.O. in the mids. Up forward everyone who doesn't have Rankine will probably bring him in. There are a plethora of forwards who look to be pretty close to maxed out with the injured Taylor, Sturt, Brander or the non-injured King maybe in the frame.

There are a few underperformers on the table as well. Up forward where to start. Dusty Martin, Connoer Rosey, Devon Smith, MacPherson....getting regular scorers in this line this season has been tough. Even reliable saint Dan Butler put in a stinker last week. In the backline not only are wondering what has happened to Adelaide we are also wondering wtf has happened to Laird. As ordinary as he has been though, it is nothing compared to Shannon Hurn's remarkable disappearing act.

So two trades, but only three problems? Sing it again Meat........Round 7 at here boyos....

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Re: Round 7 - Two out of three aint bad

Postby fish » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:36 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:I've chosen to honor Meat Loaf this week because even though we have two trades this week, we always seem to have three problems to fix and that's being kind. The backline rookie situation is dire but MacPherson to the rescue. But with Rankine seemingly a trade for all of Australia, dare you do the double downgrade to fit the Crow in?

In the mids it's looking good with Stephens and Day looking handy. Recent news out of Sydney shows that Heeney and JPK are cooked so young Swans could be the G.O. in the mids. Up forward everyone who doesn't have Rankine will probably bring him in. There are a plethora of forwards who look to be pretty close to maxed out with the injured Taylor, Sturt, Brander or the non-injured King maybe in the frame.

There are a few underperformers on the table as well. Up forward where to start. Dusty Martin, Connoer Rosey, Devon Smith, MacPherson....getting regular scorers in this line this season has been tough. Even reliable saint Dan Butler put in a stinker last week. In the backline not only are wondering what has happened to Adelaide we are also wondering wtf has happened to Laird. As ordinary as he has been though, it is nothing compared to Shannon Hurn's remarkable disappearing act.

So two trades, but only three problems? Sing it again Meat........Round 7 at here boyos....

regards,

REB

Cripps under an injury cloud and Long likely suspended too
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:33 pm

I'll play a rookie and Bench Cripps who scored **** all last week anyway. Heeney out fir the year which will upset a few teams but that tease is on my never again list.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Round 9 to 12 set to be interesting with 19 consecutive days of footy, six clubs given byes and a further 10 clubs to be given a bye before Round 17. An absolute clusterphuck for SC.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 am

Q. wrote:Round 9 to 12 set to be interesting with 19 consecutive days of footy, six clubs given byes and a further 10 clubs to be given a bye before Round 17. An absolute clusterphuck for SC.

I might be in with a chance now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby fish » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:57 am

Q. wrote:Round 9 to 12 set to be interesting with 19 consecutive days of footy, six clubs given byes and a further 10 clubs to be given a bye before Round 17. An absolute clusterphuck for SC.

<insert I have no idea what I'm doing gif>
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby brod » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:42 am

League opponent having Tim English as R2 not normally something major....last night NOT NORMAL
204 POINTS..... :roll: FFS

The team has scored 348 base points from the ruck position this round plus the 144 from putting the C on Grundy...total 492 points :shock:
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:09 am

I'm not sure that I'll even bother with the next load of games coming up, the sheila at work that runs our footy tipping comp has added joker rounds and other shit this year.

I told her a few weeks back that it's the only comp that I'm in that is still running, I waited until I was leading and then suggested she bomb it and give everyone their money back but na, she's still going with the joker rounds and mystery rounds.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy