Round 2 - Grave Danger? Is there any other kind?

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 2 - Grave Danger? Is there any other kind?

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:45 pm

The only thing sadder than watching Alex Pearce or Matty Rowell last week was the realisation that a round one trade must be made if you, like most of us, plumped for the Gold Coast gun for season 2021. Scores were already on the poo side last weekend before Rowell went for six and in terrible news for the luckless kid, he's now out for 10-12 weeks with a PCL injury. No one can carry a trade for that long when the rookies are all going gangbusters. I am in that particular boat boys as I believed in Rowell and now I've had to trade him out. One down, twenty nine to go!

I almost got the quinella too. When I found out Cameron wasn't playing I took out Danger and brought in Jack Macrae. I'd like to call masterstroke here but yeah I did have Danger in. When Cameron was out for three I could see Danger being anchored up forward and at 600k is it a big no thanks for me. One of many highlights of Geelong's stellar start to the season was Patrick doing his rag about being pinged HTB and he took it out on Kelly and now he's gone for three as well. So if you have Patrick and Matty that's two trades down. There are just far too many rooks mooing right now.

So who are they?

Flynn, Gulden you bewdy top rate lads got them. Jordan not bad missed him, Dow, Bruhn, Campbell, Warner not to shabby either. Highmore a tick, Koschitke a pass, Clark's job security has just improved eighty odd nice. Ziebell has tonned up...the only problem is the punk arse premos like Grawndy and Neale who absolutely stunk up the joint, even the Seagull didn't ton up.

So Danger a probable trade and Matty a certain one for this week you'd think.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Re: Round 2 - Grave Danger? Is there any other kind?

Postby JK » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:06 pm

Yeah odd start .. Dusty kicked things off well on Fri night, but the other premo's didn't do a heap - Big weekend coming up for the likes of Cripps, Neale and Gawn [-o<

For now it's:

IN: Gulden, Boak
OUT: Rowell, Kent Brockman
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:29 pm

JK wrote:Yeah odd start .. Dusty kicked things off well on Fri night, but the other premo's didn't do a heap - Big weekend coming up for the likes of Cripps, Neale and Gawn [-o<

For now it's:

IN: Gulden, Boak
OUT: Rowell, Kent Brockman

Over to you.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Meek will be out also Rowell.

Bailey Smith will be in like Flynn.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:29 pm

Melbourne 'midfield role' defender Harmes is going to be out for six weeks for anyone who fell for that one. Harmes' injury is good news for jordan's JS as Harmes will be replaced by the returning Viney.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby fish » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:30 pm

Am thinking of holding Danger but will decide after the Collingwood-Carlton game where I'll have Grundy VC and Dow E. If those two go bang Danger will remain as my C
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:12 pm

fish wrote:Am thinking of holding Danger but will decide after the Collingwood-Carlton game where I'll have Grundy VC and Dow E. If those two go bang Danger will remain as my C

Grundy VC is a brave move. Very ordinary last week. Had to junk it up to get 70.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
fish wrote:Am thinking of holding Danger but will decide after the Collingwood-Carlton game where I'll have Grundy VC and Dow E. If those two go bang Danger will remain as my C

Grundy VC is a brave move. Very ordinary last week. Had to junk it up to get 70.

regards,

REB

I did it, now the debate if 135 is enough? He never scores big against Stef.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:19 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Given how badly premos have been performing and 159 being the top score last week I reckon I’d take that bud
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby fish » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

I'm taking it. Dangerfield C
fish
Coach

Postby fish » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:17 am

Rowe and Jones onfield for 24 points

#winning
fish
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:36 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I did it, now the debate if 135 is enough? He never scores big against Stef.

Given how badly premos have been performing and 159 being the top score last week I reckon I’d take that bud

I did but somehow it didn't save and Neale was skipper again FFS.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm

Scored 2350 this week and left 100 on the bench by starting Rowe instead of Impey :roll:

What are people doing with Neale, this is the week to get rid of him if your planning to...……...I'm so undecided. If you don't get rid of him this week your set for a massive price hit. He didn't have the greatest pre season and he looks a very frustrated man, he was starting lots of niggle against Geelong which was very out of character for him.

Really tempted to trade him for MacRae but you just know if I do that bad things will happen.

Also tempted to trade for a player not playing. At present all my players are in their respective sides. It's cost me the first two rounds not being able to use the captain loop hole. At this stage I figure one of my players will be dropped/injured soon enough and the loop hole option will be available.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:28 pm

whufc wrote:Scored 2350 this week and left 100 on the bench by starting Rowe instead of Impey :roll:

What are people doing with Neale, this is the week to get rid of him if your planning to...……...I'm so undecided. If you don't get rid of him this week your set for a massive price hit. He didn't have the greatest pre season and he looks a very frustrated man, he was starting lots of niggle against Geelong which was very out of character for him.

Really tempted to trade him for MacRae but you just know if I do that bad things will happen.

Also tempted to trade for a player not playing. At present all my players are in their respective sides. It's cost me the first two rounds not being able to use the captain loop hole. At this stage I figure one of my players will be dropped/injured soon enough and the loop hole option will be available.

If you picked Neale you have to keep him in for the year and ride out the flat spot. He'll come good. The donut will roll by in time as well. I'm in the exact same boat with my side.

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:23 am

I think he's going to cop a heavy tag for a while, he's going to drop $70K this week and there's decent value around for $110K+ less.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:57 am

whufc wrote:Scored 2350 this week and left 100 on the bench by starting Rowe instead of Impey :roll:

I came here to ask the same question about Neale (with the thought of shifting to McRae)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:39 am

JK wrote:

I came here to ask the same question about Neale (with the thought of shifting to McRae)

Boak, Brayshaw, Dunkley, Mitchell, Cerra, Guthrie or the Bont all give you $110K to $230K change.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy