Round 4 - Game over man Game over!

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Round 4 - Game over man Game over!

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm

JK wrote:Pretty much everything that could go wrong for me on the weekend did. Thought I was sitting pretty at halftime of the Port v Rich game with Butters tonning up already, I think less than 1 minute after I backed him for the Brownlow at $101 he went down with injury. Only good news from the weekend is that I didn't burn any trades and with several players mooing and $400k in the bank I should be able to repair and enhance hopefully.

Yeah Friday Night I thought i was flying with Butters and the fact I trade out Fantasia which saw me get Dunkley in.

Saturday was also no good, last minute I moved the (C) to Grundy instead of Gawn, not sure what I was thinking, maybe it was the beers speaking...supercoach needs a breatho on it.

My supercoach rookie to watch is Lachy Jones scored 61 but only due to poor efficiency, reckon his possessions tidy up with a couple of games, could get an extended run with their injuries.

For the first time in my life I think my upgrade/downgrade trades paid off.

IN
Dunkley- 117
Chapman- 91 (looks the goods and reckon he has good job security)

OUT
De Goey- 48
Fantasia- 39
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:31 pm

JK wrote:Pretty much everything that could go wrong for me on the weekend did. Thought I was sitting pretty at halftime of the Port v Rich game with Butters tonning up already, I think less than 1 minute after I backed him for the Brownlow at $101 he went down with injury. Only good news from the weekend is that I didn't burn any trades and with several players mooing and $400k in the bank I should be able to repair and enhance hopefully.

I went the risk and went Flundy and last week that sucked balls. I've got Neale too who I've spent big coin on who has a back injury and is doing **** all. I went with three of the big four but if I went Gawn instead of Neale it would have made a massive difference. Neale is down to 585 and I just can't keep him as I'm dropping matches left right and centre. So same old shit basically. Coliver in for Neale and bye bye Dow who is ******* shit.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:46 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

I went the risk and went Flundy and last week that sucked balls. I've got Neale too who I've spent big coin on who has a back injury and is doing **** all. I went with three of the big four but if I went Gawn instead of Neale it would have made a massive difference. Neale is down to 585 and I just can't keep him as I'm dropping matches left right and centre. So same old shit basically. Coliver in for Neale and bye bye Dow who is ******* shit.

regards,

REB

The Neale one is so bloody frustrating. At this stage whilst I'm scoring well I'm holding on to him.

Trying to be the ultimate optimist im praying he does come good and if so will be a good point of difference option once every bugger has traded him out. If he cant score against Essendon at home is probably done.

Im also hoping his 10 possession last quarter against the Dogs was a return to form....but so far his looked bloody lazy, not running from contest to contest and seems to be playing 5m to deep at contests being constantly behind to the ball.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

I traded out Neale and Phillips to get in Walker and Impey as I knew both were on the up $$ wise and watching Neale's value reminded me of my divorce.

It not only scored me better it's given me enough extra coin to upgrade a low scoring rookie to a premium whenever I feel a need.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:54 pm

whufc wrote:Scored 2199 taking me to a total of 8,521 of the year and a ranking of 8,484 (top 5%)

Had plans to upgrade/downgrade to get Ridley in but they have been thrown into jeopardy with Zac Butters injury.....the indefinite nature of the injury is the most worrying meaning no other choice but to trade out.

I don't like many of the forward options but I cant see how I can pick anyone but Taylor Walker......on blessing is it most likely means he stops scorings and the Crows lose a few games which would be nice.

Will have 25 trades left and will leave my rookie downgrades for another week at least despite having tight breakevens and still wanting to get Ridley in my defence.

Join the Hogg Group on SC, 401342 is the code, reckon that score puts you 9th amongst all Hogg players
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:25 am

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:Scored 2199 taking me to a total of 8,521 of the year and a ranking of 8,484 (top 5%)

Had plans to upgrade/downgrade to get Ridley in but they have been thrown into jeopardy with Zac Butters injury.....the indefinite nature of the injury is the most worrying meaning no other choice but to trade out.

I don't like many of the forward options but I cant see how I can pick anyone but Taylor Walker......on blessing is it most likely means he stops scorings and the Crows lose a few games which would be nice.

Will have 25 trades left and will leave my rookie downgrades for another week at least despite having tight breakevens and still wanting to get Ridley in my defence.

Join the Hogg Group on SC, 401342 is the code, reckon that score puts you 9th amongst all Hogg players

I will next year.

Have had a couple of years off fantasy sport as I found it was taking my enjoyment from the actual game. So not playing in any comps at the moment just seeing what total scores I can get.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:14 am

whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I will next year.

Have had a couple of years off fantasy sport as I found it was taking my enjoyment from the actual game. So not playing in any comps at the moment just seeing what total scores I can get.

Remind me next year when you join to get my brother and son on board too, they've always been DT'ers but I've got them to put in SC teams this year.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:00 pm

whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I will next year.

What im talking about isnt a league. Its just a group, you can still join now and we can track your progress. You can see how youre going against other Hogg players. It will also allow REB to place you in the right division next year. Youre 2 points behind me
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:58 pm

Argh ok

Done........beedubs