Round 4 - Game over man Game over!

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 4 - Game over man Game over!

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:42 pm

Every SuperCoach season I get to 'Game over man game over' earlier and earlier and by not starting with Grawndy I'm suffering exterme buyer's remorse. A quick look at my team last week tho shows it's not the ruck letting the side down but underperforming premiums like Bont, Neale, and Short. Having Young and Dow just tipped me over the edge to my eventual destruction last week!

Early season popular pick Dyson Heppell is struggling to get on the field. Jye Caldwell is out for some time, we still can't holler for a Marshall. Danger still has a week to go with his suspension, Shuey has popped his hamstring ag.....who cares anyway about him LOL. So I'm not the only the only coach who has to suck it up in regards to Neale and other chump premos so maybe I'm not the only coach saying 'GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER'....especially in Premier where you get punished every time.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Re: Round 4 - Game over man Game over!

Postby fish » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Got rid of Neale last week it felt good.
fish
Coach

Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 am

Completed my first upgrade for the year.

de Goey & Fantasia OUT
Dunkley & Chapman (Fremantle) IN...….I like Chapmans job security with their injured ravaged backline.

Now go and load up on sportsbet for de Goey to get 30 possessions and kick 4 goals, whilst Dunkley goes under 20 possessions.

Over the next few weeks I will look to use the likes of Dow, Clarke, Scott, McNeil, Powell, Jordan, Cox to complete downgrade/upgrades.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am

Can anyone tell me whether Highmore was dropped by the Saints for last weeks game, or missed through injury?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am

JK wrote:Can anyone tell me whether Highmore was dropped by the Saints for last weeks game, or missed through injury?

It f*****d me, I hate this new team announcement thing has crippled an already struggling coach.

FWIW, he's not on their injury list.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:Can anyone tell me whether Highmore was dropped by the Saints for last weeks game, or missed through injury?

It f*****d me, I hate this new team announcement thing has crippled an already struggling coach.

FWIW, he's not on their injury list.

Yeah I couldn't see him on the injury list, hopefully he gets another crack this weekend. I agree, team selections making it harder all the team, I wonder if Fantasy Footy will find a way to adjust accordingly? Other thing that always annoyed me is having multiple Emergencies in a region and SC defaulting to the lower score of said players. Same for all participants I guess, so not a huge issue, but sucks when it makes the difference between a good score and a great score.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Need some advice.

With Sydney playing the first game of the round I have a couple of opportunities to use the loop hole. Should I do this or am I getting to tricky.

Essentially can have:

Warner (Sydney) on bench as an Emergency
Bergman (Port) on field as a forward not expected to play
Rowe (Adelaide) other forward on bench.

If Warner scores well tonight I just place leave as is and pray like hell none of my other 5 forwards aren't injured or not selected and I take his score.

If Warner has his first shocker I just swap Bergman and Rowe at the end of tonights game and hope Rowe scores higher against an average Kangaroos side.

Should I do this or should I just be simple and trust Warner to continue his good form and score well.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:35 pm

whufc wrote:Need some advice.

With Sydney playing the first game of the round I have a couple of opportunities to use the loop hole. Should I do this or am I getting to tricky.

Essentially can have:

If Warner scores well tonight I just place leave as is and pray like hell none of my other 5 forwards aren't injured or not selected and I take his score.

If Warner has his first shocker I just swap Bergman and Rowe at the end of tonights game and hope Rowe scores higher against an average Kangaroos side.

Should I do this or should I just be simple and trust Warner to continue his good form and score well.

I would like to offer assistance Whoofer, but Im Fu*&ing hopeless at butchering the loophole.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Essentially can have:

I think your F5 will score the worst ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:20 pm

And Heeney is injured 3.5 games in. Pretty standard.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Essentially can have:

You're outranking everyone here so back your gut. Warner stays onfield for me as I have Dow and he is shithouse.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

Essentially can have:

You're outranking everyone here so back your gut. Warner stays onfield for me as I have Dow and he is shithouse.

regards,

REB

Good call Captain Hindsight ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:25 am

Rik E Boy wrote:

Essentially can have:

regards,

REB

Ended up keeping Warner on the field...…...……………………….BUT have looked to use the loophole for Cox who scored 93. Now need to rely on Highmore not being selected again or Kozitschke being dropped. I thought Cox might have had a quieter week for Cox given the smaller SCG and not having the space he would get....I was wrong.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 am

Rik E Boy wrote:And Heeney is injured 3.5 games in. Pretty standard.

regards,

REB

I've learnt to avoid the temptation, he would've double hundreded if he played the game out last night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:38 am

whufc wrote:
Ended up keeping Warner on the field...…...……………………….BUT have looked to use the loophole for Cox who scored 93. Now need to rely on Highmore not being selected again or Kozitschke being dropped. I thought Cox might have had a quieter week for Cox given the smaller SCG and not having the space he would get....I was wrong.

Kozi will be rested at a guess.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Kozi will be rested at a guess.

Yeah, I noticed during the coverage they cut to Clarkson a few times directly after Kozi dropped marks, missed targets by foot and he was giving him a fair old spray so somewhat confident he might be given the week off.
whufc
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:49 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

Essentially can have:

regards,

REB

Good call Captain Hindsight ;)

Not hindsight at all. I put Warner on the field. Posting aint coaching. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 am

Last minute went Grundy captain instead of Gawn!! God dam it
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Scored 2199 taking me to a total of 8,521 of the year and a ranking of 8,484 (top 5%)

Had plans to upgrade/downgrade to get Ridley in but they have been thrown into jeopardy with Zac Butters injury.....the indefinite nature of the injury is the most worrying meaning no other choice but to trade out.

I don't like many of the forward options but I cant see how I can pick anyone but Taylor Walker......on blessing is it most likely means he stops scorings and the Crows lose a few games which would be nice.

Will have 25 trades left and will leave my rookie downgrades for another week at least despite having tight breakevens and still wanting to get Ridley in my defence.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Pretty much everything that could go wrong for me on the weekend did. Thought I was sitting pretty at halftime of the Port v Rich game with Butters tonning up already, I think less than 1 minute after I backed him for the Brownlow at $101 he went down with injury. Only good news from the weekend is that I didn't burn any trades and with several players mooing and $400k in the bank I should be able to repair and enhance hopefully.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy