Round 5 - Life moves pretty fast

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 5 - Life moves pretty fast

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Life indeed moves pretty fast. Seems like only yesterday that i formulated my squad and dreamt of the inevitable SuperCoach glory that was surely on the way. I was going beautifully as well....then the games started.

The SuperCoach Gods went in dry last week. Plenty of coaches with an eye for detail had Rory Sloane on thier watch list but they made a spectacle of themselves as they found out one eyed players are as useful as a one eyed supporters. Plenty of coaches had Caleb Daniel on thier short list and little man has spluttered along until last weeks spectacular **** up when he carded a 19 and got rubbed out for a week as well. For anyone who opted for Super Premo Flynn at R2 well you just shit the bed. Big fat Mummy flogged useless when Captain Grundy so hard that Flynn might not get a gig again until Boss Cameron gers a clue and **** knows when that might be.

Then we have the mysterious Lachie Mess Monster. As time goes by less and less coaches believe he actually exists. So far the Monster's main contribution to the season was the introduction of gang hand signals to AFL Football after Shagger Rohan broke the jaw of a fly who landed on Lachies chest. In a petulant display of mean spiritedness, no one at Geelong bothered to thank Lachie for his part in getting the underperforming forward rubbed out.

So, was this weeks round preview absolute bollocks? Why yes it was but it's a darn sight better than my SuperCoach team which makes for horrible reading, unless you are my opponent. Have at it here boyos!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Re: Round 5 - Life moves pretty fast

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:09 am

One trade for me.....leaving me with 25. Is that good or bad I don't really know.

Had to get rid of Butters and bring in the giant Texan. The good news is either Tex plays well and I score big supercoach points or he fails and most likely the Crows go back to being rubbish which is a massive win in itself, even at the expense of my supercoach team.

Have a few players on the break even tightrope with Campbell, Dow, J.Clarke and Jordan. Going to take a risk on all 3 with the view that the small financial loss may not be the worst if like last round we see a bunch of injuries, omissions etc that may force an extra trade. I will hold this week and make a more educated decision after this round about the right upgrade/downgrade options with an eye to bringing in Ridley.

What point are people starting to think about the bye rounds and how many trades are you saving for that period....6?
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:30 am

whufc wrote:One trade for me.....leaving me with 25. Is that good or bad I don't really know.

Had to get rid of Butters and bring in the giant Texan. The good news is either Tex plays well and I score big supercoach points or he fails and most likely the Crows go back to being rubbish which is a massive win in itself, even at the expense of my supercoach team.

Have a few players on the break even tightrope with Campbell, Dow, J.Clarke and Jordan. Going to take a risk on all 3 with the view that the small financial loss may not be the worst if like last round we see a bunch of injuries, omissions etc that may force an extra trade. I will hold this week and make a more educated decision after this round about the right upgrade/downgrade options with an eye to bringing in Ridley.

What point are people starting to think about the bye rounds and how many trades are you saving for that period....6?

Tex came in last week for me, as well as Impey.

Campbell's bubble has now burst and time to move him on, for who is the question though? I like the look of Young (The Dog variety as I already have the Roo), Jiath, Pickett, Stringer or Froe duo Chapman and Giro to make some easy coin.

Ozario may have ran his race too, the 39 will hurt for a few weeks if I'm planning to make coin off of him vs hoping he can get a 75+ average to be serviceable.

Daniher is a frustrating one, I knew the risks of taking him but if the Lions were travelling better he'd be scoring higher too, he hasn't been a total failure and there will be no point getting rid of him the week they play the Dons in Brisbane.

Hawthorn's rookies have failed me immensely.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby JK » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:14 pm

Surely Hunter would have to be a massive chance for inclusion to the Saints team this weekend (maybe even the Sub)? Although it wouldn't be an issue if the Giants give Mummy a spell and bring back in like Flynn.

Daniels loss hurts the back half (as does his form this season so far) and with my defensive emergencies looking unlikely to be selected, I might have to bite the bullet and upgrade him to Lloyd or Ridley. Hopefully find a way to get through this round with a W then address my 2nd ruck, Daniher and the Cows ... Bit to do still.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:One trade for me.....leaving me with 25. Is that good or bad I don't really know.

Tex came in last week for me, as well as Impey.

Campbell's bubble has now burst and time to move him on, for who is the question though? I like the look of Young (The Dog variety as I already have the Roo), Jiath, Pickett, Stringer or Froe duo Chapman and Giro to make some easy coin.

Ozario may have ran his race too, the 39 will hurt for a few weeks if I'm planning to make coin off of him vs hoping he can get a 75+ average to be serviceable.

Daniher is a frustrating one, I knew the risks of taking him but if the Lions were travelling better he'd be scoring higher too, he hasn't been a total failure and there will be no point getting rid of him the week they play the Dons in Brisbane.

Hawthorn's rookies have failed me immensely.

Im caught in a dilemma with blokes like Dow and Campbell, there about to hit their peak money but I cant help but wanting to hold onto them because there job security is so good.

With the byes coming up I would hate to think I make a Campbell to Lachy Jones type move (I know their different positions) and then by the time the bye comes Jones is back out of the side and im having to use another trade just to fill a team.

Not having played in a few years....do the good players have a full scoring side for each round of the byes or is that simply impossible.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:04 pm

whufc wrote:Not having played in a few years....do the good players have a full scoring side for each round of the byes or is that simply impossible.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a good player lol

Best I've done in the Bye rounds is to run skinny for one of them against a similarly skinny opponent, then have the full compliment for the other 2 rounds. Im interested in the answer the good players will provide on this one too.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:15 pm

JK wrote:
whufc wrote:Not having played in a few years....do the good players have a full scoring side for each round of the byes or is that simply impossible.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a good player lol

Best I've done in the Bye rounds is to run skinny for one of them against a similarly skinny opponent, then have the full compliment for the other 2 rounds. Im interested in the answer the good players will provide on this one too.

I'm too heavy on Bulldogs, and want to go heavier, do I concede on bye round?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:16 pm

whufc wrote:
Im caught in a dilemma with blokes like Dow and Campbell, there about to hit their peak money but I cant help but wanting to hold onto them because there job security is so good.

With the byes coming up I would hate to think I make a Campbell to Lachy Jones type move (I know their different positions) and then by the time the bye comes Jones is back out of the side and im having to use another trade just to fill a team.

Not having played in a few years....do the good players have a full scoring side for each round of the byes or is that simply impossible.

Campbell has peaked, 71 BE, Dow is a gug.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby fish » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote: Daniher is a frustrating one, I knew the risks of taking him but if the Lions were travelling better he'd be scoring higher too, he hasn't been a total failure and there will be no point getting rid of him the week they play the Dons in Brisbane.

Hoping that Daniher kicks 8 and scores 200+ this week against his old club
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 pm

fish wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote: Daniher is a frustrating one, I knew the risks of taking him but if the Lions were travelling better he'd be scoring higher too, he hasn't been a total failure and there will be no point getting rid of him the week they play the Dons in Brisbane.

You and me both humanoid.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Agree about them, I guess my theory is having Dow score 40-50 every week could be better than having a fly by rookie who scores 60 for a couple of weeks then gets dropped, trade him out bring in another rookie who doesn't get a game, then do you blow another trade etc.

Who knows hey, I guess that's the beauty of the game.
whufc
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Re. Campbell, the thing to consider is his BE vs. trades, potential cash generation and lack of rookie options around atm.

I am holding, prepared to cop a small loss this week whilst that 29 drops out of his rolling average. I am hoping to draw 60-70k out of him (achievable with a 50 average) whilst accumulating points and waiting on downgrade/upgrade options to emerge.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:03 pm

fish wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Will most likely have a debutant on him which will be interesting
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:24 am

valleys07 wrote:
Re. Campbell, the thing to consider is his BE vs. trades, potential cash generation and lack of rookie options around atm.

I am holding, prepared to cop a small loss this week whilst that 29 drops out of his rolling average. I am hoping to draw 60-70k out of him (achievable with a 50 average) whilst accumulating points and waiting on downgrade/upgrade options to emerge.

I can trade him for anyone in the game atm with my cash flow and he is likely to be rested at some stage soon.

Alternatively I could move Young, Laird or B.Smith to the middle and get Jiath or Bulldog Young in although my defense still lacks another consistent scorer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:32 am

valleys07 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

That's kind of the way I'm thinking at the moment. There doesn't look to be too many rookie mids/forwards that I don't already have with good job security past a couple of weeks when injured players return. Will be watching with a keen eye as to how Finlay Macrae goes at Collingwood tonight.

The most points gained trade I believe I can make next week, baring in mind if Campbell goes out I bring in a midfield of my bench like Dow or Scott who is averaging 40 their current average in brackets.

OUT Campbell (63) and Clarke (70) - AVERAGE POINTS LOST- 133
IN Bowes (115) and Macrae (40)- AVERAGE POINTS GAINED- 155

So for 2 trades and potential JS loss I could potential gain 20 points per week. Not sure the risk vs reward at this point especially where JS is key for the bye weeks.

If somehow I can hold and get enough coin to turn Bowes (115) into say Ridleys (130) average then I think that's worth the risk in lost JS.
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:06 am

Do NOT trade Campbell, as Valleys has said, his 29 drops out after this week, there is alot more cash to be made from him, rookies in general take until about r8 or 9 to reach full cash generation. 30 trades is not enough to trade early.
To answer your question WHUFC about the byes, to be honest its too late now to worry about it, sure it can solve a flip of the coin decision on two players but your fate is essentially sealed. The serious players have SC Gold which highlights for you who is playing in the bye rounds. You can attempt to win all 3 with good planning but most sacrifice 1 week in order to win the other two. The 1st week is the best to sacrifice, as other players will sacrifice week 1 and then you even become a chance to jag a win in week 1. You can then trade in players who had their bye in week 1. We get 3 trades during bye rounds, if required you can even trade players playing in week 1 before week 1 to get a head start on your upgrades. You should be close to full premo at end of byes. Im currently 17, 23, 19 but counting players likely to be in your team is more accurate.
Its worth paying the $20 bucks or whatever it is for SC Gold. I pay for a Herald Sun subscription of $28/month, which includes SC Gold, if you want more than just Crows and Power news its worth it, you get the Advertiser included anyway, cheaper than buying the paper everyday

And if you have Gawn and Grundy in week 3, dont worry about it, most other coaches do too
Last edited by daysofourlives on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:08 am

daysofourlives wrote:Do NOT trade Campbell, as Valleys has said, his 29 drops out after this week, there is alot more cash to be made from him, rookies in general take until about r8 or 9 to reach full cash generation. 30 trades is not enough to trade early.
To answer your question WHUFC about the byes, to be honest its too late now to worry about it, sure it can solve a flip of the coin decision on two players but your fate is essentially sealed. The serious players have SC Gold which highlights for you who is playing in the bye rounds. You can attempt to win all 3 with good planning but most sacrifice 1 week in order to win the other two. The 1st week is the best to sacrifice, as other players will sacrifice week 1 and then you even become a chance to jag a win in week 1. You can then trade in players who had their bye in week 1. We get 3 trades during bye rounds, if required you can even trade players playing in week 1 before week 1 to get a head start on your upgrades. You should be close to full premo at end of byes. Im currently 17, 23, 19 but counting players likely to be in your team is more accurate.
Its worth paying the $20 bucks or whatever it is for SC Gold. I pay for a Herald Sun subscription of $28/month, which includes SC Gold, if you want more than just Crows and Power news its worth it, you get the Advertiser included anyway, cheaper than buying the paper everyday

Cheers heaps mate :)
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:27 am

daysofourlives wrote:Do NOT trade Campbell, as Valleys has said, his 29 drops out after this week, there is alot more cash to be made from him, rookies in general take until about r8 or 9 to reach full cash generation. 30 trades is not enough to trade early.

And if you have Gawn and Grundy in week 3, dont worry about it, most other coaches do too

I think you've mis-counted, or I have. I have 19/22/19, 5 premo's out in the middle week too, and that's without getting Macrae in.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I think you've mis-counted, or I have. I have 19/22/19, 5 premo's out in the middle week too, and that's without getting Macrae in.

Yep 24 week 2, i tend to just count the ones that will definitely be still in my team and go from there. Im 14,18,13 from that perspective. Keeping all the sydney rookies until their bye in wk3
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Just having a look I'm running a tad short 19/19/16...…

Definitely going to have to give this some consideration with future trades.
whufc
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy