Round 7 - Smells like....victory!

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 7 - Smells like....victory!

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:15 pm

Well I'm I've won back to back matches and sitting inside the top eight so it is my last chance to use this movie quote so thought I'd get in while I could. As the carnage list grows ever longer my crystal ball is telling me that there will be many a bakery to be opened come August this year. Before a coach even gets the chance to burn us, before a bloke treads on a cricket ball before the first morning at training...here is a reminder of who is out...Dangerfield, Howe, Dusty, Junkley, Neale, Shuey, Yeo, Hickey, Butters...a who's who of SuperCoach. Anyone who has missed all that lot plus the concusion boys in Riddler, Martin and Fyfe is KOTD and will be hard to stop this season.

It can't get any worse right? Pfft...more trades please SuperCoach gods! Have at it here boyos....

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Re: Round 7 - Smells like....victory!

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Yep

Dunkley out for Greene
Neale out for MacRae
Martin on the bench.

21 trades left.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Boak not playing this week
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:09 am

Will the Saints bring Highmore back in this week?

I'm a bit decimated with injuries and need some coverage on each line.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:19 am

Salem or Toby Greene?

Greene will be more consistent but will get injured or stab someone before too long.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:01 am

Im very vulnerable this week, End of Vintage piss up from lunch time today. Teams really need to be selected Thursday nights again.
Not sure what condition ill be in at 6pm tonight to make important decisions.
The biggest issue will be omitted rookies, trying to exploit emergency loopholes and the VC who i want to give to Grundy but will be dependent on selection, what could possily go wrong
I have started looking at my byes and trading around that.
So Dunkley has become the Bont, i need players who have the bye in r13, currently have 25 playing that round.

Anyone considering Sidebottom? Was his performance last week a return to his pre covid form or is it one out the box for an ageing star? He's 18 months older now than the last time he had any continuity in his game. Does this matter, will the bar be so low in the fwd line that he averages top 6 from here on in?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Salem or Toby Greene?

Greene will be more consistent but will get injured or stab someone before too long.

Salem, im working on the theory, get the Def and mids to premium as quick as possible and if you run out of trades and get stuck with a rookie or two on field in the fwd line so be it, it wont cost you much, a rookie averaging 60o compared to a premium averaging 80, that is genuinely how bad it is in the fwd line.
Who knows maybe someone will catch fire when you are ready to upgrade a fwd.
Brown(260) and Cameron(388) on the watch list because of their price. If Cameron can average80-90 it might be good enough, wont cost much to go from Warner to Cameron
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:15 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Salem, im working on the theory, get the Def and mids to premium as quick as possible and if you run out of trades and get stuck with a rookie or two on field in the fwd line so be it, it wont cost you much, a rookie averaging 60o compared to a premium averaging 80, that is genuinely how bad it is in the fwd line.
Brown(260) and Cameron(388) on the watch list because of their price. If Cameron can average80-90 it might be good enough, wont cost much to go from Warner to Cameron

Yeah I thought about Salem,

My only concern being I have Gawn, Oliver and Jordan already, if Melbourne start losing a few games there is going to be a few sub 80 scores amongst them.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:18 am

whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

My only concern being I have Gawn, Oliver and Jordan already, if Melbourne start losing a few games there is going to be a few sub 80 scores amongst them.

You wont have Jordon for long, 3 from one team is fine when its a top team. Mind you in a prefect world where money and trades dont matter im not sure Salem end as a top 6 Def for the year
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:22 am

whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I have Gawn, Jordon and Petracca already, although Jordon will probably be gone by the bye round, on the positive, I don't have a lot out that week and they do play the last bye round.

I'm looking at sitting Boak on the pine for a week and getting rid of Dunkley and Dusty to bring in Macrae and possibly Salem.

I'm quite happy with my forward line atm, I only have one inconsistent rookie there but I can bench him to move Orazio to hte forward line and bring in Salem.

I have a relatively solid defence and have Powell, Gulden and Jordon occupying two spots in the midfield, still got around $120 in the bank.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:23 am

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You wont have Jordon for long, 3 from one team is fine when its a top team. Mind you in a prefect world where money and trades dont matter im not sure Salem end as a top 6 Def for the year

Snap. If Salem can keep producing them sort of numbers I'm there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:55 pm

Went Mills instead of Salem.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby brod » Sat May 01, 2021 9:13 am

Yeah had Greene in mind most of the week, just in the end couldnt bring myself to have him in my team and defacto supporting him....so I chose a douche on a slightly lower level :roll: :roll: Sidebum...
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 03, 2021 10:08 am

brod wrote:

Yeah had Greene in mind most of the week, just in the end couldnt bring myself to have him in my team and defacto supporting him....so I chose a douche on a slightly lower level :roll: :roll: Sidebum...

They scored almost identically, I ended up trading in Mills and Macrae for Dunkley and Dusty, sat Boak on the bench.

I'm a bit annoyed as I was tossing up between Boak and Fyfe, I went Boaky as he generally plays more games.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am

I think the Tex and I will be parting ways this week, I reckon I've extracted as much coin out of him as I'm going to and with their run over the next month I can't see him having any decent returns any time soon.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 03, 2021 12:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I think the Tex and I will be parting ways this week, I reckon I've extracted as much coin out of him as I'm going to and with their run over the next month I can't see him having any decent returns any time soon.

Yeah I wanted to get rid of him this week, but unless the Giants decide to bring Errol back in I kinda need to address my ruck and defence issues first, which sux because I think Tex falls well back to the pack now. I don't think Ive ever burnt through trades as quickly as this season, need to try and snag some early wins to avoid relegation when the trade cupboard falls bare. [-o<
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 03, 2021 12:32 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I think the Tex and I will be parting ways this week, I reckon I've extracted as much coin out of him as I'm going to and with their run over the next month I can't see him having any decent returns any time soon.

Yeah I wanted to get rid of him this week, but unless the Giants decide to bring Errol back in I kinda need to address my ruck and defence issues first, which sux because I think Tex falls well back to the pack now. I don't think Ive ever burnt through trades as quickly as this season, need to try and snag some early wins to avoid relegation when the trade cupboard falls bare. [-o<

GWS season so far when Mummy plays: 4-0
GWS season so far when Mummy doesn't play: 0-3

Sorry.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 03, 2021 12:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

GWS season so far when Mummy plays: 4-0
GWS season so far when Mummy doesn't play: 0-3

Sorry.

Yep, barring selection I've already brought Grundy in so Tex unfortunately gets a reprieve.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 03, 2021 1:09 pm

JK wrote:
Yep, barring selection I've already brought Grundy in so Tex unfortunately gets a reprieve.

This time last week my team looked shit hot, today it has holes everywhere, WTF?

On the block:
Tex
Gulden
Fanta
Rowe

Still persisting with:
Kosi
L.Young (NM)

Stuck with for a bit yet, but are on my bench:
L.Jones
Highmore
Lazzaro
H.Sharp
Waterman
F.Macrae
Flynn
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 03, 2021 1:16 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:

This time last week my team looked shit hot, today it has holes everywhere, WTF?

On the block:
Tex
Gulden

Fanta
Rowe

Still persisting with:
Kosi
L.Young (NM)

Stuck with for a bit yet, but are on my bench:
L.Jones
Highmore

Lazzaro
H.Sharp
Waterman
F.Macrae
Flynn

I have those same ones in Red, plus Cripps, Campbell and Warner who would all ideally be moved on.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy