Round 14 - We're going to need a bigger boat

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 14 - We're going to need a bigger boat

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:54 am

In golfing terms, this hole is a par 5 with bunkers guarding the green big enough to park a tank in. Speaking of tank, that is what many coaches might do after the SuperCoach gods served up this particular shitburger. It was already a dodgy one but it's absolutely nuclear now that Richmond v West Coast was brought forward. I reckon if you can get 1500 this week then you've done pretty well, par could be even lower.

The SC gods may have taken away Reeves (dodged that bullet thank ****) but they have given us Newcombe and Edwards. Add to that Highmore finally showed something, no doubt the week after many traded him out. Newcombe will be a popular pick this week as Sam Mitchell has obviously keen on the kid and he should have decent JS in a side that isn't strong in the midfield.

This round is not really about this round, but this year. Many coaches will keep the powder dry for the run home or use the trade bonanza to offload the likes of Rowe who has served his purpose. Ah round 14, let the least hopeless team win!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Re: Round 14 - We're going to need a bigger boat

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:13 pm

Not sure what the issue is, i have 20 playing plus Madden and Reeves, should make up the 6000 ranking places i lost in the 1st 2 byes.

Anyone else keen on Dixon?
I cant see him dropping below 100 for the rest of the season, The Power have got the easiest draw in the comp, only Melb at home where he might struggle, Ive opted for him at this stage over Rozee and Langford
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:02 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Not sure what the issue is, i have 20 playing plus Madden and Reeves, should make up the 6000 ranking places i lost in the 1st 2 byes.

I cant see him dropping below 100 for the rest of the season, The Power have got the easiest draw in the comp, only Melb at home where he might struggle, Ive opted for him at this stage over Rozee and Langford

Reckon most sides weren't set up that way. The issue is Melbourne, Collingwood and Adelaide basically. It's the round where Grawdy goes down and you've only got ten teams running around. I've got four Demons and six Magpies so I won't be running 20 this week. When I look at my oppo, it's the same for them. You could be in for a good round here.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Not sure what the issue is, i have 20 playing plus Madden and Reeves, should make up the 6000 ranking places i lost in the 1st 2 byes.

Reckon most sides weren't set up that way. The issue is Melbourne, Collingwood and Adelaide basically. It's the round where Grawdy goes down and you've only got ten teams running around. I've got four Demons and six Magpies so I won't be running 20 this week. When I look at my oppo, it's the same for them. You could be in for a good round here.

regards,

REB

I was lmore looking for some kind of affirmation that Dixon isnt a big mistake :D
He is the poor mans Hawkins but funds arent exactly flush
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:01 pm

Well that was worth bringing in Duncan
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:27 am

Brodlach wrote:Well that was worth bringing in Duncan

Never been big on Duncs for SC. Better off with Selwood this season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:28 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

I was lmore looking for some kind of affirmation that Dixon isnt a big mistake :D

**** Port players. Seriously. Your season is doomed. I fell for the "Ports got an easy draw" trap two years ago. Disaster followed.

regards,

REB.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:13 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

**** Port players. Seriously. Your season is doomed. I fell for the "Ports got an easy draw" trap two years ago. Disaster followed.

regards,

REB.

Well, off to a reasonable start as a Dixon owner, 118, mind you he was 110 at 3/4 time. Had the vc on him too.
Signs arent good, had his knee strapped during the game
daysofourlives
Coach

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy